Off day diversion: guess Chicago's starting 5 next year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bullsky

PostPosted: 07/18/05 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Streaks wrote:
VandyWhit wrote:
Mfon Udoka played for Depaul. I know she's been in WNBA training camps and I think that she played some with Houston. I know she's been active, since she's been on the some of the teams that make the college exhibition circuit in November, and I think she's been playing in the WNBL (or whatever the winter US league is called). I bet she gets a try-out.

I liked Mfon. I was mad at the comets when they kept Blue over her last season. But I see Udoka getting a shot. Heres my projected starting 5.

Pondexter/Ivey
Wright/Lewis
Pierson/wyckoff
Udoka/Enis
Sutton-Brown/Hoffman

**They will probably not get Tammy in the expansion draft but I think shes a free agent and one that should go after.

You only get one player per team, so unless the Mercury is trading for Chicagos pick, you need to give us back Wright or Ivey;)

Oops. Forgot about that. I guess i'd sub in Darling for Ivey.

icey23

PostPosted: 07/18/05 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dixon???

PostPosted: 07/18/05 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

icey23 wrote:
Dixon???

...good question, who will the Sparks leave unprotected...probably not Thomas, is she LL's heir apparent?

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 07/18/05 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why is everyone assuming teams will protect the starters? If a team wants to dump a large contract for a veteran (e.g., Sheri Sam), the easiest way to do so is through the expansion draft.

Keegan

PostPosted: 07/18/05 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Why is everyone assuming teams will protect the starters? If a team wants to dump a large contract for a veteran (e.g., Sheri Sam), the easiest way to do so is through the expansion draft.

I have a feeling Charlotte may want to attempt to dump the contracts of Sam and Smith. Remember Tangela is a Chicago girl.
dtsnms

PostPosted: 07/18/05 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think you're putting too much stock in the Chicago local thing. One or two players maybe. My thought is they'll try to follow the Sun's blueprint for success.

They got a halfway decent base by bringing Nykesha in, push the locals when they come in as visitors at first, and then the fans will come to a winner.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/18/05 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

I think there will also be teams that decide they would rather protect a young player with potential than an older one who will likely retire soon. I wouldn't be surprised to see a player like Tari Phillips end up in Chicago.

bullsky

PostPosted: 07/18/05 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

I have a feeling Charlotte may want to attempt to dump the contracts of Sam and Smith. Remember Tangela is a Chicago girl.

If they dump Sam and Smith that would be such a stupid move. But then again, its Lacey. I think they might dump some older players: feaster, Sutton-brown.

Queenie

PostPosted: 07/18/05 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bibb made a point about the Polish populace- would they try to get Biba's rights from SASS?

PostPosted: 07/18/05 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh! Speaking of Charlotte, someone I hope Chicago can get is Jia Perkins. I see many all-star games in her future.

Keegan

PostPosted: 07/18/05 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
If they dump Sam and Smith that would be such a stupid move. But then again, its Lacey. I think they might dump some older players: feaster, Sutton-brown.

I don't think it's stupid. #1 They're big contracts and #2 it's clear they're not fitting in. They might be more likely to try to dump Sam because they got her for nothing whereas they traded Powell for Smith (still makes me laugh). I doubt they'd try to dump Tammy for nothing and the Charlotte organisation seems to be enamoured of Feaster. She has a max contract but I believe she's a core player as well. Can you dump core players just like that?
bullsky

PostPosted: 07/18/05 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
Streaks wrote:

I don't think it's stupid. #1 They're big contracts and #2 it's clear they're not fitting in. They might be more likely to try to dump Sam because they got her for nothing whereas they traded Powell for Smith (still makes me laugh). I doubt they'd try to dump Tammy for nothing and the Charlotte organisation seems to be enamoured of Feaster. She has a max contract but I believe she's a core player as well. Can you dump core players just like that?

Ah. Feaster seems more steady than I thought. The reason I think its stupid what they did is they dumped out a lot of players last year for Smith and Sam and if they dont do anything with them, then its a bad trade, in my opinion. But your right about the extra money that would be available. And I still think that they will dump/trade Sutton-Brown over Tangela Smith. But yeah, I think Sam is gone. But that probably means that they will protect Perkins, which sucks for the Chicago franchise.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 07/18/05 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
Keegan wrote:
Streaks wrote:

Ah. Feaster seems more steady than I thought. The reason I think its stupid what they did is they dumped out a lot of players last year for Smith and Sam and if they dont do anything with them, then its a bad trade, in my opinion. But your right about the extra money that would be available. And I still think that they will dump/trade Sutton-Brown over Tangela Smith. But yeah, I think Sam is gone. But that probably means that they will protect Perkins, which sucks for the Chicago franchise.

No doubt Idea

I think it will depend on whether Staley comes back. There's a max contract that could come off the books... Maybe Darling too. But it doesn't seem like CHA has much salary cap problems anyways.

For LA, if they're going to cut salary, it will be Dixon. But if I was the GM, I'd just protect the starting 5 with Christi Thomas, and bet that no one would take Macci because she'd only want to play for LA. It's similar to how teams were wary of taking Wauters and Baranova in the expansion, who seemed to give the impression that they wouldn't come overseas for just any team...

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 07/18/05 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Feaster is shooting 40 percent for the season. It is the FIRST time she has shot over 40 percent in a season as a starter...and she is only at 40 percent on the dot. She is also averaging a whopping 1.6 rebounds in 32.1 minutes of playing time. She is scoring 9 points per game, her lowest as a starter, but playing a near-career high in minutes.

Yes, Feaster is steady...steadily maintaining the position of most overrated wing player in the WNBA.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 07/18/05 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
wing player in the WNBA.

...Feaster is a SG Idea

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 07/18/05 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Feaster is a SG

Feaster is listed as a G/F in her player profile...where you can also find her statistics.

http://www.wnba.com/playerfile/allison_feaster/

Or check the roster, where she is listed as a FORWARD:

http://www.wnba.com/sting/roster/

pilight

PostPosted: 07/18/05 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sting are mostly using Feaster at the two this season. In previous seasons she's been mostly used at the three.

PostPosted: 07/18/05 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Exactly, Pilight...which is why I called her a wing. She is a 3 and she has not done a great job at the two. She might be better off at the three...and having Sheri Sam in Chicago.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 07/18/05 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
ALLISON FEASTER G
DAWN STALEY G
TANGELA SMITH F
SHERI SAM F
TAMMY SUTTON-BROWN C

http://www.wnba.com/games/20050707/MINCHA/boxscore.html?nav=page

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 07/18/05 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here Admiral goes again...the roster says "forward" and player profile says "guard-forward." She is a three who is playing the two this year, which that doesn't necessarily make her a two guard.

MamaBristow

PostPosted: 07/18/05 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just like Diana Taurasi is not a PG, though that's technically where she plays. Or Hammon for that matter. Tangela Smith, there's nothing about her game that ever suggested PF to me, she's a SF with PF height. Or how about the overseas play of Ticha at the SG spot? Despite the fact that she was played at the 2, she is NOT a 2, never will be. She has become a 1 that can/will shoot, but she is a PG through and through.

To me, those little labels that the league hands out about positions players play in are crapola. I like Taurasi's definition of her position better, point forward.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 07/18/05 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Here Admiral goes again...the roster says "forward" and player profile says "guard-forward." She is a three who is playing the two this year, which that doesn't necessarily make her a two guard.

Here Cam goes again... Trying to play both sides... Even Cam said that the roster page and player profile pages can be inaccurate:

If Feaster is a 'wing' who cannot play guard, she cannot have the 'G.'

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 07/18/05 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MamaBristow wrote:
Just like Diana Taurasi is not a PG, though that's technically where she plays. Or Hammon for that matter. Tangela Smith, there's nothing about her game that ever suggested PF to me, she's a SF with PF height. Or how about the overseas play of Ticha at the SG spot? Despite the fact that she was played at the 2, she is NOT a 2, never will be. She has become a 1 that can/will shoot, but she is a PG through and through.

To me, those little labels that the league hands out about positions players play in are crapola. I like Taurasi's definition of her position better, point forward.

Exactly Idea The previous description of Feaster as a 'wing' doesn't tell the whole story... Laughing

dtsnms

PostPosted: 07/18/05 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
If Feaster is a 'wing' who cannot play guard, she cannot have the 'G.'[/color]

Admiral's right! When Charlotte comes in Friday night I'm going to talk to Trudi and Feaster and tell them to cut this crap out. She's only to play F from now on, because Admiral says so! Rolling Eyes

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 07/18/05 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
She's only to play F from now on, because Admiral says so! Rolling Eyes

Actually, Cam is saying that Feaster is only a wing, because he says so Idea Arrow

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Feaster is steady...steadily maintaining the position of most overrated wing player in the WNBA.

Yeah, I have to laugh at that one too Razz Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: