RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New WPS Team: Philadelphia Independence

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEF34

PostPosted: 05/20/09 3:24 am    ::: New WPS Team: Philadelphia Independence Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Philadelphia Independence will begin play in 2010 and has already announced the accomplished Olympic gold medalist, Staci Wilson to the position of Assistant Coach.

http://www.womensprosoccer.com/Home/news/press_releases/090518-philadelphia-independence.aspx

BCBG25

PostPosted: 05/20/09 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sure they couldn't have found a more original name...but it's Philly after all...

PostPosted: 05/21/09 3:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Sure they couldn't have found a more original name...but it's Philly after all...

That's a pretty effed up name for a sports team. Laughing

PostPosted: 05/23/09 2:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I look forward to the Washington-Philly games. And all gods help us if there are representatives from our favorite New York basketball team there.

Dear women's sports: can we please find some better names?

(now with spelling variations)
Happycappie25

PostPosted: 05/26/09 7:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shoulda come back to Philly Charge, it grew on me, namely cuz of the SD chargers Smile

Stacy Wilson is not a bad pick...but well they better be the same counterculture team the Charge were (as in F the national team, f the WUSA's policies, we're gonna be young, we're gonna be fast and we're gonna be foreign) aka I miss Captain Kirk Smile

Yeah I used to travel 2.5 hours to Philly Charge games every other week...had a You're in Charge Country banner and everything.

I havent gotten into WPS the same way yet...namely cuz of the odd schedule of Sky Blue, I DO want to get to 2 or 3 Sky Blue games...WPS is looking like they're doing it right and I respect that Smile

Yes you couldnt do it more WRONG than the WUSA (I can list them but no one wants a million word post Wink ) but they seem to be doing it right...is Tim Murphy or any of the other Charge people involved?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: