RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Goalkeeper McLeod signs with Freedom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bullsky

PostPosted: 04/18/09 3:02 pm    ::: Goalkeeper McLeod signs with Freedom Reply Reply with quote

http://www.womensprosoccer.com/Home/dc/news/press_releases/090416-mcleod-signs.aspx
Quote:
“The signing of Erin McLeod is a great step for the team,” Freedom Head Coach Jim Gabarra said. “This gives us one of the best groups of goalkeepers in the world. We are happy that Erin was able to sign and join the team at this time.”

McLeod is expected to join the team as soon as her visa is finalized and will fill the roster spot made available by Sarah Huffman’s season-ending ACL injury.

Location: Charles Ct, across the street from Monty's Motor Speedway and just off Taurasi Turnpike.

PostPosted: 04/19/09 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After Solo, I think she might be the best in this newer generation of Keepers. Hope she's playing in next weekend's game; it's been a while since I've seen her matched up with a team equal to her talents, unfortunately, thanks to Canada's ever dwindling budget.

Really big shame about Huffman, though.

PostPosted: 04/20/09 4:54 pm    ::: Goalkeeper McLeod signs with Freedom Reply Reply with quote

Regrettably, I think we really need her since Brianna just can't seem to cut it anymore. I feel very sad about saying that, but I think it is true. Certainly our losses have not been all her fault. It would be good to score more than what, two goals in three games? Still, I think the game has gotten too fast for her. Sad

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: