RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Liberty Draft Day War Room Vid (Link Inside)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 04/20/09 2:42 pm    ::: Liberty Draft Day War Room Vid (Link Inside) Reply Reply with quote

http://video.msg.com/Videos/New-York-Liberty/kKRRw3Iae092r_KnNefzUvTJ6ineC0y2

PostPosted: 04/20/09 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing the little I can listen to right now, Blazejowski called Atlanta "crazy". Shocked

Angel gonna call her out now.

PostPosted: 04/20/09 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing

PostPosted: 04/20/09 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing

Moving along...

Oh no, somebody needs a Kleenex.

PostPosted: 04/20/09 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CB wrote:
Laughing the little I can listen to right now, Blazejowski called Atlanta "crazy". Shocked

Like that ever scared FFO. And Patty is stunned, STUNNED! Laughing
I like that video. They really went into that room with their minds made up about picking Kia.

PostPosted: 04/20/09 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing

No, looks like they are very secure.

Nice seeing behind the scenes like that.

Thought it was funny Blaze is all confident and says they know who is coming before and have their choices 1, 2, 3, 4 and Patty is a little more on the nervous side cus there is always a surprise in those picking before them. Laughing

I didn't really think a big is a huge mistake with all the injuries NY bigs had last year, but definitely a Zellous could have made for more excitement.

PostPosted: 04/20/09 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Excitement? Kia brought me all the excitement I need.. Very Happy

PostPosted: 04/20/09 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Str8_Butta wrote:
Excitement? Kia brought me all the excitement I need.. Very Happy

I think you were in the minority, at least it seemed that way. Laughing Wink

PostPosted: 04/20/09 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
CB wrote:

Like that ever scared FFO. And Patty is stunned, STUNNED! Laughing
I like that video. They really went into that room with their minds made up about picking Kia.

They really believed Atlanta was going to pick Montgomery. I'd like to know what they said when Chicago actually went 1 and picked Toliver over Montgomery. Not that I feel either way about it myself, but I know they thought Montgomery was the top pick.

root_thing

PostPosted: 04/20/09 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wish I had some of that video enhancement equipment from the police shows, but the board looked like this to me:

1) Montgomery
2) Coleman
3) McCoughtry
4) Toliver
5) Vaughn
6) Bonner
7) Zellous
8 ) January

I'm surprised that they didn't have C.Paris in there. Blaze has been pretty conventional in recent years, so I would've expected the big girl before Zellous and January.

PostPosted: 04/20/09 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good vid thanks for sharing!

CB

PostPosted: 04/20/09 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
I wish I had some of that video enhancement equipment from the police shows, but the board looked like this to me:

1) Montgomery
2) Coleman
3) McCoughtry
4) Toliver
5) Vaughn
6) Bonner
7) Zellous
8 ) January

I'm surprised that they didn't have C.Paris in there. Blaze has been pretty conventional in recent years, so I would've expected the big girl before Zellous and January.

That's the order they thought it would go in? Laughing They only got Coleman correct. Don't think we heard anyone thinking Phx would take Vaughn. Oh my.

PostPosted: 04/20/09 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

1) Montgomery
2) Coleman
3) McCoughtry
4) Toliver
5) Vaughn
6) Bonner
7) Zellous
8 ) January

I watched and paused it several times before seeing your list, and I agree that was the ranking on NY's board.

CB and PattyForPres: Per Blaze's explanation that they had a list from 1 to 8, I think this was NY's list of who they would pick, in order, not their predictions of how the draft would go. In any event, it's surprising that they would allow the camera to get close enough that this list could be seen. Anyway, very interesting behind the scenes look. Str8, thanks for the link!

PattyforPresident

PostPosted: 04/20/09 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CB wrote:
root_thing wrote:

1) Montgomery
2) Coleman
3) McCoughtry
4) Toliver
5) Vaughn
6) Bonner
7) Zellous
8 ) January

That's the order they thought it would go in? Laughing They only got Coleman correct. Don't think we heard anyone thinking Phx would take Vaughn. Oh my.

No, not at all. That's the order of players they wanted, not their "mock draft." The order I gave you in that PM was the order they thought it would go in.

They didn't want Paris and thank God Toliver was gone. I like having Lei in there.

PattyforPresident

PostPosted: 04/20/09 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CourtsideTix wrote:

CB and PattyForPres: Per Blaze's explanation that they had a list from 1 to 8, I think this was NY's list of who they would pick, in order, not their predictions of how the draft would go. In any event, it's surprising that they would allow the camera to get close enough that this list could be seen. Anyway, very interesting behind the scenes look. Str8, thanks for the link!

You're right. But THEY DID believe that Montgomery was the number 1 pick. Their mock draft was much closer to what really happened, but Montgomery was at the top of it and McCoughtry was 4th.

auntie

PostPosted: 04/20/09 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Blaze said a couple of interesting things: The third reason she listed for picking Vaughn is that she is local. Blaze also said that she has had her eye on her for several years. So yes, she was drafted based on previous performance as others guessed on other threads.

PostPosted: 04/20/09 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't mind either picks, really. I mean, Waner can't hit shit, but she's worth a chance. And I like Kia. Kia will bring some 'nasty' to the our front court as Peck would say. Last year New York should've beaten Detroit but offensive rebounds and Taj McWilliams-Franklin killed them. Kia should help us in that department.

Like the video by the way. I mean, Patty seemed like she was being interogated, but it was cool to see she and Blaze discuss the picks.

PostPosted: 04/20/09 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CourtsideTix wrote:
root_thing wrote:

1) Montgomery
2) Coleman
3) McCoughtry
4) Toliver
5) Vaughn
6) Bonner
7) Zellous
8 ) January

I watched and paused it several times before seeing your list, and I agree that was the ranking on NY's board.

Ah, yeah I bet you are right. Still a surprising list in some ways. Yes surprising the camera was allowed to capture that, especially if the players already on the team see it, like the pg! Shocked

PostPosted: 04/20/09 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Blaze wrote:
"We love to run and we love to shoot the three-ball"

Well at least that's half-true. If they love to run then they're sure doing a damn shitty job of doing what they love.

At least Patty had the decency to only say she thought they'd get someone at 8 who'd have a good chance to make their squad. Not "make an important contribution" or any of that usual waffle, but an honest implied realisation that the #8 pick in a weak draft would at least have to fight a bit to make the roster.

CB

PostPosted: 04/20/09 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PattyforPresident wrote:
CB wrote:
root_thing wrote:

1) Montgomery
2) Coleman
3) McCoughtry
4) Toliver
5) Vaughn
6) Bonner
7) Zellous
8 ) January

No, not at all. That's the order of players they wanted, not their "mock draft." The order I gave you in that PM was the order they thought it would go in.

They didn't want Paris and thank God Toliver was gone. I like having Lei in there.

I thought that order you gave me was someone else's list. Laughing Wink

PostPosted: 04/20/09 6:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CB wrote:
CourtsideTix wrote:
root_thing wrote:

1) Montgomery
2) Coleman
3) McCoughtry
4) Toliver
5) Vaughn
6) Bonner
7) Zellous
8 ) January

Ah, yeah I bet you are right. Still a surprising list in some ways. Yes surprising the camera was allowed to capture that, especially if the players already on the team see it, like the pg! Shocked

Those were players too good to pass up at number 8 if they were on the board. That doesn't necessarily mean they'd have kept them. I like L-Mo and Lei and I'm not ready to take a chance on Toliver. Picking Montgomery, I could see, as she's a back up combo guard. I'd be less reluctant to let Willis go than Lei.

But yeah, you saw their mock draft order, CB. They had 1-8 (and 12) right except 1 and 4 were switched around.

PattyforPresident

PostPosted: 04/20/09 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CB wrote:
PattyforPresident wrote:
CB wrote:
root_thing wrote:

1) Montgomery
2) Coleman
3) McCoughtry
4) Toliver
5) Vaughn
6) Bonner
7) Zellous
8 ) January

I thought that order you gave me was someone else's list. Laughing Wink

No, but it was close. I think we determined that those two people obviously compared notes that night.

root_thing

PostPosted: 04/20/09 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Blaze wrote:
"We love to run and we love to shoot the three-ball"

Well at least that's half-true. If they love to run then they're sure doing a damn shitty job of doing what they love.

Actually, NY does run - they just can't finish. Moore, Christon, and Battle have trouble making running lay-ups. Willis usually settles for the three, Mitchell looks to pass off, and only Carson is pretty good at finishing. What you see a lot of is L-Mo pushing the ball, taking it into the paint, and then pulling it out again. Inadvertantly, NY has invented the fastbreak, half-court offense. Laughing

PostPosted: 04/20/09 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
What you see a lot of is L-Mo pushing the ball, taking it into the paint, and then pulling it out again. Inadvertantly, NY has invented the fastbreak, half-court offense. Laughing

They invented that back when Weatherspoon did it first. Laughing Then Becky could finish but looks like Blaze wanted to go back to the fastbreak, half-court offense. Laughing Wink

PostPosted: 04/20/09 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They could run more, I see Meka flying up the court sometimes looking for the ball but Loree doesn't see her (I guess)..

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: