RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

'Cooter' blasts 'Dukes of Hazzard' remake

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 07/15/05 5:56 pm    ::: 'Cooter' blasts 'Dukes of Hazzard' remake Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
A star from The Dukes of Hazzard has come out blasting over the upcoming film remake of the light-hearted early-1980s TV series.

Former Georgia congressman Ben Jones, who starred on the original series as wisecracking mechanic Cooter Davenport, says that profanity and sexual overtones in the film adaptation ruin the reputation of the classic U.S. show.

"Basically, they trashed our show," Jones told the Associated Press about the upcoming Warner Brothers movie, scheduled for release in August.

"It's one thing to do whatever movie they want to do, but to take a classic family show and do that is like taking I Love Lucy and making her a crackhead or something."

"Now, anybody who knows me knows that I'm not a prude. But this kind of toilet humour has no place in Hazzard County," Jones writes in an open letter to fans posted on his website. "Rather than honouring our legendary show, they have chosen to degrade it."

Jones is calling on Dukes fans to boycott the film.

"From all I have seen and heard, the Dukes movie is a sleazy insult to all of us who have cared about The Dukes of Hazzard for so long," he writes. "Unless they clean it up before the Aug. 5 release date, I would strongly recommend that true blue Dukes fans hold their noses and pass this one up."

Warner Brothers has not issued a comment.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2005/07/14/Arts/dukesboycott050714.html?ref=rss

Maybe there's some south-bashing going on? Razz

But anyways, from the trailers, it does look pretty bad. First of all Daisy was a brunette, and Bo and Luke duke didn't have beards, and they didn't act like Johnny Knoxvile and Seann William-Scott, who seem to be playing themselves in the movie.

Willie Nelson looks the part of Jesse Duke, but Burt Reynolds as Boss Hogg? And they didn't even get the '01' on the side of the General Lee in the right font! Shocked They also seem to be set in modern days, which was done as a TV movie shortly before the show was cancelled...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: