RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

KAY YOW MEMORIAL DVD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2Old4Title9

PostPosted: 02/26/09 9:04 am    ::: KAY YOW MEMORIAL DVD Reply Reply with quote

I got mine in the mail yesterday. Contents include highlights of her career, NCSU Tribute at Reynolds Coliseum, ESPN video tribute, ACC Coaches memories of Kay, the eulogy from Rev. Mitchell Gregory and Kay's complete video testimony and farewell message. I haven't watched it yet; waiting until the weekend.

PROCEEDS FROM THIS DVD BENEFIT THE KAY YOW WBCA CANCER FUND.

You can order yours from WRAL TV, Raleigh NC.

Ineffably sublime
John 1:1-5
Happycappie25

PostPosted: 02/26/09 10:07 am    ::: Re: KAY YOW MEMORIAL DVD Reply Reply with quote

2Old4Title9 wrote:
I got mine in the mail yesterday. Contents include highlights of her career, NCSU Tribute at Reynolds Coliseum, ESPN video tribute, ACC Coaches memories of Kay, the eulogy from Rev. Mitchell Gregory and Kay's complete video testimony and farewell message. I haven't watched it yet; waiting until the weekend.

Their Hearts in the right place but I just find that kinda icky...namely the video will being a part of it...but im pretty tough on deadvertising and making money off the dead even if for charity.

PostPosted: 02/26/09 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't know, but it might have been something she wanted.

The way I look at it, Kay's not dead. Her life made a difference to a lot of people.

Ineffably sublime
Happycappie25

PostPosted: 02/26/09 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2Old4Title9 wrote:
Don't know, but it might have been something she wanted.

The way I look at it, Kay's not dead. Her life made a difference to a lot of people.

I hear you but ever since the Murder of Selena (as my dad says, Well, her fan club director WAS helping her raise her profile) I take a skeptical eye to phostmous releases such as this.

PostPosted: 02/27/09 2:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
2Old4Title9 wrote:

Their Hearts in the right place but I just find that kinda icky...namely the video will being a part of it...but im pretty tough on deadvertising and making money off the dead even if for charity.

I agree, having the video she made and played at her funeral included in the DVD seems a bit odd, and I'm surprised they did include it, but as 2Old4Title9 mentions it could something she wanted.

2Old4Title9

PostPosted: 02/27/09 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IMHO, Kay's faith was the driving force that made her everything she was in life.

As an evangelical Christian myself, when I watched her farewell message on the internet it inspired me to want to be a better woman. Especially when she talked about her favorite songs, which turned out to be some of my favorites as well. I'm a musician, and I will be thinking about Kay Yow every time I play "I'd Rather Have Jesus" from now on.

She was not afraid to face what was coming. Having watched two of my closest friends got through mastectomies, chemo and radiation was also a reality check for me - it can happen to any of us. They're both still here and still singing, and so far cancer free. Research has made this possible. But watching them struggle through the treatment is something that will stay with me for the rest of my life.

Frankly, I'll throw my money at the WBCA Cancer Fund every opportunity I get.

Ineffably sublime
Happycappie25

PostPosted: 02/27/09 9:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2Old4Title9 wrote:
IMHO, Kay's faith was the driving force that made her everything she was in life.

As an evangelical Christian myself, when I watched her farewell message on the internet it inspired me to want to be a better woman. Especially when she talked about her favorite songs, which turned out to be some of my favorites as well. I'm a musician, and I will be thinking about Kay Yow every time I play "I'd Rather Have Jesus" from now on.

She was not afraid to face what was coming. Having watched two of my closest friends got through mastectomies, chemo and radiation was also a reality check for me - it can happen to any of us. They're both still here and still singing, and so far cancer free. Research has made this possible. But watching them struggle through the treatment is something that will stay with me for the rest of my life.

Frankly, I'll throw my money at the WBCA Cancer Fund every opportunity I get.

Im all for giving money...Fact is I dont need a video and a speech that should be private to give said money (As Queenie can vouch for, I am known for turning down 50 50 tickets and instead just gives $2 just to support the cause)...I give because its good to do an honors a good person...collecting things as an act of faith doesnt ring to me...but to each their own. Disclaimer: I am an anti clerical agnostic so I'll stop here before I say something controversial about material things.

PostPosted: 02/27/09 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
collecting things as an act of faith doesnt ring to me...but to each their own. Disclaimer: I am an anti clerical agnostic so I'll stop here before I say something controversial about material things.

OK, you've been trying to pick an argument since the original post. Who said anything about collecting things as an act of faith? Good for you, you're an anti-clerical agnostic, whatever that means. There are evangelical Christians in the WBB world; deal with it.

Have a nice day.

Ineffably sublime
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: