RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Breakers sign English defender Alex Scott

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bullsky

PostPosted: 02/06/09 2:43 am    ::: Breakers sign English defender Alex Scott Reply Reply with quote

http://www.womensprosoccer.com/newsitem_ektid8492.aspx
Quote:
A versatile player and mainstay on England’s backline with 43 caps (appearances) and eight goals in her international career, Scott was originally selected by the Chicago Red Stars as an international discovery player on Sept. 26. Her WPS playing rights were then traded to the Boston Breakers last month prior to the 2009 WPS Draft. In addition to Scott, the Breakers received Chicago’s sixth and 10th round draft picks, in exchange for Boston’s second and fourth round picks.

PostPosted: 02/06/09 3:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

'Versatile' is about right. Generally a right-back for England, but she can basically play anywhere. Might be a bit lost at centre-back (or in goal, obviously), but apart from that, I've seen her play literally everywhere.

What's interesting is that I assumed they made that trade to help encourage their other England/Arsenal players over by putting a group of them on the same roster. But they dropped Emma Byrne the next day (Arsenal keeper) and are yet to sign Kelly Smith, as far as I know, who's still one of the best players in the World (and still England's best player). Maybe that's coming soon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: