RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Your WNBA and WCBB collection

View previous topic :: View next topic  
icey23

PostPosted: 01/21/09 12:06 am    ::: Your WNBA and WCBB collection Reply Reply with quote

I know everyone on here has tapes or DVD of some bball games so share what you got.

Miami vs LA- First WNBA dunk
All star game in Conn
All Star game in DC the second one
All Sparks Championships
some more WNBA games can't think of them now
Houston vs LA When Swoopes and Leslie went at it
Brawl in Det.

WCBB
2006 LSU VS UCONN
2006 LSU vs Ohio State
LSU 2007 Torney run except Final Four
2007 SEC Semi Final Tenn vs LSU
2007 Tenn vs LSU
2008 LSU vs TENN
2006 SEC Final LSU VS TENN
2006 Final Four Baylor vs LSU
2004 Final Four LSU vs TENN last 5 mins
Seimone Augustus last game at LSU

PostPosted: 01/21/09 12:20 am    ::: Re: Your WNBA and WCBB collection Reply Reply with quote

Hmm. I've got pretty much every Seattle and Phoenix game televised from the 2006 and 2007 seasons, a mixture of NY, Sacto and Conn games throughout those seasons. I've got Parkers first game in the W, and The Brawl.

I've got the Seattle STH dvd thanks to some lovely storm fans, as well as the final series between Seattle and Conn, and Phoenix's winning series against Detroit.

Allstar games I have ... the last 3 played.

College I've got an assortment of UConn, UMD, Michigan St, Tennessee and Duke games, every Championship game from the last one played, to the first one Taurasi won, and a range of UConn special DVD's.

Sadly to some, my hockey game collection is MUCH larger Laughing

PostPosted: 01/21/09 12:23 am    ::: Re: Your WNBA and WCBB collection Reply Reply with quote

AAEmotion wrote:
Hmm. I've got pretty much every Seattle and Phoenix game televised from the 2006 and 2007 seasons, a mixture of NY, Sacto and Conn games throughout those seasons. I've got Parkers first game in the W, and The Brawl.

I've got the Seattle STH dvd thanks to some lovely storm fans, as well as the final series between Seattle and Conn, and Phoenix's winning series against Detroit.

Allstar games I have ... the last 3 played.

College I've got an assortment of UConn, UMD, Michigan St, Tennessee and Duke games, every Championship game from the last one played, to the first one Taurasi won, and a range of UConn special DVD's.

Sadly to some, my hockey game collection is MUCH larger Laughing

Nice

PostPosted: 01/21/09 12:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have every Sparks game from 1998-2005, then 2006-present only wins. I have every Sparks playoff game.

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/21/09 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For the victim of a basketball jones, I have surprisingly little on tape or DVD. I think one of my tapes is from 2002, either the All-Star game or the Liberty's playoff series against Washington. I do have one rarity, acquired in trade- a trio of games from the Israeli league, also quite a few years old.

I have the 2004 and 2006 Final Fours on DVD, and right now I have the Rutgers-Tennessee and LSU-UConn games on tape, but that's only because I haven't watched them yet.

PostPosted: 01/21/09 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sounds lame but I stopped recording games for the most part years ago. Takes up too much room of which I'm limited.

Many ne blizz games from abl.

WBL game from 1979 when Molly Bolin scored 54 pts in a game (no 3 pt line or it would have been higher)

Some footage from All American Red Heads from 50s to 70s

Some UConn final 4's in 90s

1987 and 88 (I think) final 4 videos.

Some NWBL footage of springfield spirit with lobo, bird and cash. Video of championships between TN (with becky hammon) and houston (Swoopes, Thompson and Snow) these were taken with me sitting on bench next to the players and in huddles as well. Not the WNBA, but was very cool being on the bench and getting comments, etc.

www.barnstormingamerica.net
SuziQ

PostPosted: 01/21/09 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've got the '98 Finals Merc vs Houston on VHS. And saying it reminds me I need to get them transfered to DVD.

Also, all the playoff and Finals games for the 2007 Mercury. Plus I think I've got a DVD the team gave out a year or two ago, but must ashamedly admit I don't know what it is or where it is exactly.

I thought this was a thread for a list of what physical memoribilia we have. My collection of that is pretty good, better than my video collection.

PostPosted: 01/21/09 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope there's a DVD of the game between UCONN and Tennessee during the 2002 Final 4.

Is it available online for FREE download? Laughing

"Kim Yu-Na. A living, breathing work of art from Korea" - Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun
StevenHW

PostPosted: 01/21/09 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HistoryWomensBasketball wrote:
...WBL game from 1979 when Molly Bolin scored 54 pts in a game (no 3 pt line or it would have been higher)...[snip]...

That's impressive! Considering home videotapes were rare (compared to now) in those days of the WBL, I am suprised you have a game like that in your collection!

It leads me to wonder, what kind of TV coverage did the WBL get? Was it through the networks, or did only local stations showed the games?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: