RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Found Two New Teams After Departure of Beloved Comets!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Comets09

PostPosted: 12/17/08 3:28 pm    ::: Found Two New Teams After Departure of Beloved Comets!!!! Reply Reply with quote

I Have Been very depressed here lately about the departure of the Comets but Its still kind of an exciting time for me in a crazy kind of way. I have been in love with the Comets for a long time, but the past two season I wanted to leave them because it was becoming frustrating watching and reading the play by play and boxscores of a whole game and the comets giving games away, but my love for them and there history kept me there. I was looking for a new team to support two weeks ago and weighing my options and I broke it down between Matee and Sancho so I read the marynell meadors interview and she Said Sancho was a future star in this league and I feel she will give sancho a chance to be a star with atlanta. Also with washington I could just see Matee and Alana being Cappie and Taurausi. So I needed a little to push me over and Atlanta Has struck first with the signing of Chamique Holdsclaw. I really respect this very young organization because I love the hype of a trade or a big signing and Houston never gave me that and Atlanta averages almost two trades per week and that really excites me along with the line up of Lyttle Holdsclaw McCougtry Lennox and Latta they are already better than the 07 08 comets and I will try and ride the new big three for me like I rode the train of cooper swoopes and thompson for 1997-2000. Atleast till they put a team back in Houston but also I might be able to drive the 5 hour drive to Atlanta better that the 11 hour drive to Houston from Mississippi. I believe that God Sent Atlanta for Me bc of the passion and Love I have for basketball and the Wnba!!!!!

I became a die hard Comets fan at the age of 8 and i often got laughed at being a young man beating everyone else on the playground and instead of shouting michael Jordan I would hit shots and holla Sheryl Swoopesssss!!!!!!!!! But now at age 20 and playing college basketball, with heart and fundamentals,and the passion to never give up, look who's laughing Now! I am a 20 year old married man with a kid playing basketball and i appreciate and love the wnba!
Comets09

PostPosted: 12/17/08 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are there any more Comets fans who have been looking and have a hint were they may support for the 2009 season or are you following Tina werever she goes?

I became a die hard Comets fan at the age of 8 and i often got laughed at being a young man beating everyone else on the playground and instead of shouting michael Jordan I would hit shots and holla Sheryl Swoopesssss!!!!!!!!! But now at age 20 and playing college basketball, with heart and fundamentals,and the passion to never give up, look who's laughing Now! I am a 20 year old married man with a kid playing basketball and i appreciate and love the wnba!
Swoopes_Tompson_Comets22

PostPosted: 12/17/08 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll follow Tina. Laughing

caune

PostPosted: 12/17/08 6:20 pm    ::: Re: Found Two New Teams After Departure of Beloved Comets!!! Reply Reply with quote

Comets09 wrote:
Also with washington I could just see Matee and Alana being Cappie and Taurausi.

whoa, I think you are letting your grief interfere with your cognitive skills Shocked

PostPosted: 12/17/08 6:34 pm    ::: Re: Found Two New Teams After Departure of Beloved Comets!!! Reply Reply with quote

Comets09 wrote:
Also with washington I could just see Matee and Alana being Cappie and Taurausi.

Only if you are smoking Tot's stash.

GEF34

PostPosted: 12/18/08 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Comets09, between the two teams you are down too I would pick the Atlanta Dream, they are still an new team and are starting to form their identity and I think would be a good team to become a fan up. Of course that's entirely up to you, but I would pick Atlanta because they are still a new up and coming team and they are young and will be good, just given them so time to get adjusted to playing with each other and in the league

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 12/18/08 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ATL gets my vote for a few reasons, Sancho being one of them.

Atlanta is one of the easiest cities to get to, and they have a great transit system to get you downtown, for a reasonable price. Once there, you have a lot of options for hotels and restaurants.

PostPosted: 12/18/08 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good to know 4ever! Atlanta is looking good for me too. But am very interested in where Tina will land. If she lands in SASS, it's going to be tough, but Atlanta is looking very good! Also a nice boost for that "Comet depression"!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: