RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The War... no, not THAT one...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 07/06/05 9:36 pm    ::: The War... no, not THAT one... Reply Reply with quote

This Supreme Court fight is going to be ALMOST unlike anything we've ever seen in terms of a political war. It'll make Anita Hill look like a minor dust up. What I think it WILL look like is the aftermath of Election 2000. And then right in the middle of it you might see Rehnquist go as well. So there's a political war that's of an almost unprecedented variety over O'Conner's slot. And right when that's probably at its zenith another slot opens up.

This business could easily dominate the rest of the year's news. Look at effen Terri Schiavo.

PostPosted: 07/06/05 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They will put Easterbrook-type people on the Court...strict Constructionists...economic types. This country is going to hell...no more Dellinger-type liberals or Kennedy/O'Connor moderates.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 07/06/05 11:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
They will put Easterbrook-type people on the Court...strict Constructionists...economic types. This country is going to hell...no more Dellinger-type liberals or Kennedy/O'Connor moderates.

Alright. I guess I got to Google these names and get caught up on things. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 07/07/05 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Easterbrook...7th Circuit judge

Dellinger...former Solicitor General under Janet Reno. He was considered to be one of Al Gore's top Supreme Court nominees, had Gore won in 2000.

Oh, Dellinger was also my Constitutional Law professor at Duke.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: