Board Junkies Forums

Comets Dispersal Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 12/08/08 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ZoCroSixPence wrote:
Str8_Butta wrote:
I may be late, but is it over? Who did the Liberty select?

They passed.

OK, thank you!

PostPosted: 12/08/08 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought it wasn't scheduled until 3pm EST.

1) Think about "what if?" he had gotten that lottery ball in 2015....
2) Remember to watch some NCAA games
3) Invest in mystical restorative ointments for hips, knees, backs and well everything.
Becky_25_hammon

PostPosted: 12/08/08 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2008 Dispersal Draft Results

1. Atlanta Dream - Sancho Lyttle
2. Washington Mystics - Matee Ajavon
3. Chicago Sky - Mistie Williams
4. Minnesota Lynx - Roneeka Hodges
5. Phoenix Mercury - Sequoia Holmes
6. Indiana Fever - Erica White
7. Sacramento Monarchs - Renae Camino
8. New York Liberty - Pass
9. Los Angeles Sparks - Pass
10. Connecticut Sun - Pass
11. Detroit Shock - Pass
12. Seattle Storm - Pass
13. San Antonio - Pass

cherrystreet

PostPosted: 12/08/08 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think all the clubs that selected made good choices. All those players can bring a little to each team that selected them. And I guess any player who was eligible for the draft that was not selected now becomes a free agent.

psheehy

PostPosted: 12/08/08 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So with decent players (with high salaries) failing to be picked up in the dispersal like Johnson and Dixon, what becomes of their status?

Are they now officially unrestricted free agents free to sign wherever they like with a new contract? In other words could LA pick up Dixon at a bargain? Could Pee Wee go back to Connecticut or San Antonio (or somewhere else entirely) for a more reasonable veteran salary?

1) Think about "what if?" he had gotten that lottery ball in 2015....
2) Remember to watch some NCAA games
3) Invest in mystical restorative ointments for hips, knees, backs and well everything.
recycledcomets

PostPosted: 12/08/08 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

psheehy wrote:
So with decent players (with high salaries) failing to be picked up in the dispersal like Johnson and Dixon, what becomes of their status?

Are they now officially unrestricted free agents free to sign wherever they like with a new contract? In other words could LA pick up Dixon at a bargain? Could Pee Wee go back to Connecticut or San Antonio (or somewhere else entirely) for a more reasonable veteran salary?

yes to all questions . . . signing of FA can begin 1/9/09

PostPosted: 12/08/08 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does anyone expect to see TT playing for another team. I kind of don't. I think she may retire and play overseas. She has been a Comet her whole career and I just don't see her in another teams uniform. I hope I am wrong because I love her play. What do you guys think.

abontorab9

PostPosted: 12/08/08 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree, she may be done because her team is done.

But she definitely still has game left in her, no doubt whatsoever.

She's coming here. Laughing Razz Wink

caune

PostPosted: 12/08/08 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
Does anyone expect to see TT playing for another team. I kind of don't. I think she may retire and play overseas. She has been a Comet her whole career and I just don't see her in another teams uniform. I hope I am wrong because I love her play. What do you guys think.

I was told from someone who knows her fairly well that she wasn't going to resign with the Comets under any circumstances. I don't think you've seen the last of the warrior princess...I mean come on, she's been pulling the "i'm going to reitire" line forever now and she hasn't yet Wink

PostPosted: 12/08/08 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe TT has the inside info. IF the Comets are coming back in 2010, maybe she is already in talk with the "new owner/s" and they will build around her, and let her go out a Comet.

I can dream can't I??

cherrystreet

PostPosted: 12/08/08 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's interesting info from caune if true. That would have been the final straw for the Comets organization anyway. If TT would have left right after losing the Swoopes the previous year, that would have certainly taken just about all the life out of the Comets' faithful.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 12/08/08 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
bballgrl wrote:

I was told from someone who knows her fairly well that she wasn't going to resign with the Comets under any circumstances. I don't think you've seen the last of the warrior princess...I mean come on, she's been pulling the "i'm going to reitire" line forever now and she hasn't yet Wink

Maybe she wasn't going to sign with the Comets because she was going to play in Russia year round. If she does stay with the w what team do you think she might want to go with. I am thinking that some of the teams that passed on the dispersal draft might have their eyes on her. Detroit-they have enough super stars, LA-she has already played behind 2 stars that got all the credit(Cooper/Swoops), SA-a possibility,she could stay in Tx, Storm-another team with enough stars, Sun-a possibility, Sac-a possibility since she is from Cali and they could use her. JMO

caune

PostPosted: 12/08/08 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:

Maybe she wasn't going to sign with the Comets because she was going to play in Russia year round. If she does stay with the w what team do you think she might want to go with. I am thinking that some of the teams that passed on the dispersal draft might have their eyes on her. Detroit-they have enough super stars, LA-she has already played behind 2 stars that got all the credit(Cooper/Swoops), SA-a possibility,she could stay in Tx, Storm-another team with enough stars, Sun-a possibility, Sac-a possibility since she is from Cali and they could use her. JMO

Whoever it is has to have max money and will tailor their team around her has the inside chance...and in the East....that's just what I heard Wink

And I think she was going to leave Houston because of the "situation", at least that is the impression I got

PostPosted: 12/08/08 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
bballgrl wrote:

Whoever it is has to have max money and will tailor their team around her has the inside chance...and in the East....that's just what I heard Wink

And I think she was going to leave Houston because of the "situation", at least that is the impression I got

Well if what you heard was true, re: and in the East, then I think the Sun would be at the top of the list. Even though the team is tailored around Walen I think they may have the money. What you think?

cherrystreet

PostPosted: 12/08/08 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I remember that during the finals TT said she wouldn't have a problem at all playing for Bill with his coaching style. She said at the end of the day its work and its not like he would be going home with her. I doubt if the Shock would have the money or the need. So I guess they would be out. How about Indiana? TT has said that Catchings is like a little sister to her. Maybe she would love to go there and help Catch get over the hump and get out of the first round by beating the Shock.

abontorab9

PostPosted: 12/08/08 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aww, come on caune, you're killing us.

Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: