RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Candace Parker cleared to Play

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 12/22/04 11:55 am    ::: Candace Parker cleared to Play Reply Reply with quote

Oh my, I love it... this is on a pay site at Inside Tennessee:

Tennessee Lady Vol freshman forward Candace Parker was cleared Tuesday to begin practicing with the team, beginning Dec. 26.

Parker, the most-highly acclaimed member of the "Super Six" recruiting class, was examined at halftime of the Tennessee-Stanford game by team orthopedist Dr. William Youmans.

When the Lady Vols took the court to warm up for the second half, Parker joined them and was dressed out for the first time.

I didn't notice her on the bench last night, that place would have exploded off the scale if she had checked into that game last night.

I'm glad to see it, I think, according to all the calculations, that the first half of the season will be over(the latest game that can be played and still redshirt) at the conclusion of the Tenn @ UConn game in early January.

pilight

PostPosted: 12/22/04 12:00 pm    ::: Re: Candace Parker cleared to Play Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
according to all the calculations, that the first half of the season will be over(the latest game that can be played and still redshirt) at the conclusion of the Tenn @ UConn game in early January.

Maybe St. Pat will bring her in just to put the smack down on the Hussies and then redshirt her. That would be amusing.

PostPosted: 12/22/04 7:06 pm    ::: Candace Parker Reply Reply with quote

I was one of the fans wanting a red shirt year out of Parker. I honestly wanted 4 full years rather than half years. But, I have reconsidered as we cannot predict who, when, and where the injury bug will strike. I'm glad to see Candace has been cleared and look forward to her joining the team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: