RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

TV ALERT: "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevenHW

PostPosted: 11/24/08 3:09 pm    ::: TV ALERT: "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" Reply Reply with quote

This is to let you know --- before anyone forgets --- that the annual showing of "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" special will be on ABC-TV.

The interesting thing is that it will be shown TWICE: Tomorrow (Tuesday, November 25th) and again on Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 27th). Both times will be at 8:00 p.m./7:00 p.m. Central.

Info:
http://abc.go.com/specials/cbrownthanksgiving/index

Side note: Since it is on ABC, I would love to see them make another "Peanuts" special called "This Is The WNBA, Charlie Brown!" Very Happy

PostPosted: 11/24/08 6:37 pm    ::: Re: TV ALERT: "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
This is to let you know --- before anyone forgets --- that the annual showing of "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" special will be on ABC-TV.

The interesting thing is that it will be shown TWICE: Tomorrow (Tuesday, November 25th) and again on Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 27th). Both times will be at 8:00 p.m./7:00 p.m. Central.

Info:
http://abc.go.com/specials/cbrownthanksgiving/index

Side note: Since it is on ABC, I would love to see them make another "Peanuts" special called "This Is The WNBA, Charlie Brown!" Very Happy

Charlie Brown as Seth Sulka?

Wink

potd41

PostPosted: 11/25/08 12:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm really a kid at heart. Embarassed I don't think I've ever missed it Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 01/25/09 1:19 pm    ::: Re: TV ALERT: "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
StevenHW wrote:
...Side note: Since it is on ABC, I would love to see them make another "Peanuts" special called "This Is The WNBA, Charlie Brown!" Very Happy

Wink

Or we can call it "We Got Next, Charlie Brown" or "This Is Who I Am, Charlie Brown"! Razz

PostPosted: 11/24/09 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[Reviving this thread for this year - 2009]

The annual Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special will be shown on Turkey Day itself.

For info:
http://abc.go.com/shows/a-charlie-brown-thanksgiving

PostPosted: 11/24/09 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
[Reviving this thread for this year - 2009]

The annual Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special will be shown on Turkey Day itself.

For info:
http://abc.go.com/shows/a-charlie-brown-thanksgiving

That explains why you said that the 25th was a tuesday. Very Happy

luvDhoops

PostPosted: 11/24/09 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you so much!

I had just called my mom panicking, that I had forgotten to program the DVR to record it and asking her to check when it was coming on. I was damn near in crisis mode. I can't miss this. I CAN'T MISS THIS! Or, we'll just have to redo the entire freakin' Thanksgiving thing.

PostPosted: 11/24/09 4:38 pm    ::: Re: TV ALERT: "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:

Okay I GOT it. Shocked

*now I just have to figure out how to hide this information from mrs jammer. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 11/25/09 6:07 am    ::: Re: TV ALERT: "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
Slovydal wrote:
StevenHW wrote:
...Side note: Since it is on ABC, I would love to see them make another "Peanuts" special called "This Is The WNBA, Charlie Brown!" Very Happy

Wink

Or we can call it "We Got Next, Charlie Brown" or "This Is Who I Am, Charlie Brown"! Razz

"Expect Great, Charlie Brown" ?

Laughing

PostPosted: 11/25/10 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is on tonight. Watch out for the unfortunate seating arrangements...

Last edited by pilight on 11/22/17 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
eclair

PostPosted: 11/25/10 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Poor Franklin. We noticed that, too.

PostPosted: 11/26/10 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wowwww... this is my first time ever noticing this. That's a shame.

PostPosted: 12/01/10 2:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

luvDhoops wrote:
Wowwww... this is my first time ever noticing this. That's a shame.

X_____________

PostPosted: 12/22/10 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm almost ashamed to admit that I missed the significance in that photo! I had not realized until now. I guess I was more interested in seeing the story develop than catch all the nuances of the seating arrangements. But at least there was no "Whites Only" sign on the table! Shocked

Where's Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson when you really needed them? They need to start cracking on King Features Syndicate and Charles Schulz' estate! [sarcastic joke]

StevenHW

PostPosted: 12/23/10 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Franklin does have easier access to the popcorn, though! Wink

pilight

PostPosted: 11/24/11 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is back on tonight!

PostPosted: 11/24/11 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whats the big deal about Charlie Brown Thanksgiving?

PostPosted: 11/24/11 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Martini Man wrote:
Whats the big deal about Charlie Brown Thanksgiving?

damn foreigner. (just joking, bud; everything knows canadians are forever thankful that they live above the 49th parallel.)

PostPosted: 11/24/11 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
I'm almost ashamed to admit that I missed the significance in that photo! I had not realized until now. I guess I was more interested in seeing the story develop than catch all the nuances of the seating arrangements. But at least there was no "Whites Only" sign on the table! Shocked

Okay. Admission here...I've never seen this show (I only watched the Christmas show and the Great Pumpkin one, way back when).

However, isn't Franklin the Director in the Christmas program? And isn't he sitting in (something like) a Director's Chair in the picture above? Is he, by any chance, playing the role of a director in that scene?

The first thing I noticed in the pic was the odd menu! LOL!

PostPosted: 11/24/11 11:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
[snip]...The first thing I noticed in the pic was the odd menu! LOL!

The reason why the "meal" doesn't seem like a Thanksgiving dinner is because Peppermint Patty called Charlie Brown that she was inviting herself to a dinner, that actually wasn't planned in the first place. And since Charlie Brown doesn't know how to cook a proper Thanksgiving meal, the only thing the gang could come up with was popcorn and dessert-type treats. Patty later castigates Charlie Brown, until she gets straightened out by her soft-spoken friend Marcie (who is shown opposite Linus on the other side of the table).

In the end, Charlie Brown and his friends go to Charlie's grandmother house for Thanksgiving dinner, leaving Snoopy and Woodstock behind. Snoopy and Woodstock has their own Thanksgiving meal at Snoopy's doghouse.

Ironic that Woodstock (a bird) has eaten another bird (a turkey) for a meal!

pilight

PostPosted: 11/25/11 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
StevenHW wrote:

Okay. Admission here...I've never seen this show (I only watched the Christmas show and the Great Pumpkin one, way back when).

However, isn't Franklin the Director in the Christmas program? And isn't he sitting in (something like) a Director's Chair in the picture above? Is he, by any chance, playing the role of a director in that scene?

The first thing I noticed in the pic was the odd menu! LOL!

Franklin doesn't appear in A Charlie Brown Christmas at all. He made his first Peanuts appearance in 1968. The Christmas special originally aired in 1965.

Charlie Brown is the director in A Charlie Brown Christmas.

PostPosted: 11/25/11 12:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Charlie Brown is the director in A Charlie Brown Christmas.

That's right....I remember, now. I have no further theories on Franklin's seating, then. Sad

PostPosted: 11/28/13 8:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is back on tonight!

PostPosted: 11/28/13 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well all I can say about the seating, is that I tend to position my self across the table from the most attractive person, so maybe they all were basking in his beauty. LOL! (I don't really do that)

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 11/28/13 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you know ANYTHING about the inclusion of Franklin in the cast by Schultz you will know this is nothing but an accident. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: