0 San Antonio             5-12               5-12
-1 Detroit                 6-6                7-5
-1 New York                5-7                6-6
-2 Seattle                 8-8               10-6
-4 Phoenix                 3-11               7-7
-5 Charlotte               2-12               7-7

PostPosted: 07/04/05 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mystics fans:
What's so extraordinary about Richie now?
You're one freaking game above last year's standings at this point!
I hope you see the light before it's too late...

PostPosted: 07/04/05 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richie won at first and then went into a tailspin last season

This season his new team is gradually getting better (and started out without all the starters)

BCBG25

PostPosted: 07/04/05 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
Richie won at first and then went into a tailspin last season

This season his new team is gradually getting better (and started out without all the starters)

And what was his excuse last season?
It was Patty who had to deal with all the injuries, RCMH fiasco, etc

PostPosted: 07/04/05 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Mystics fans:
What's so extraordinary about Richie now?
You're one freaking game above last year's standings at this point!
I hope you see the light before it's too late...

Of course not. Richie is the greatest. He won all those games in the NBA, was a better coach than Larry Brown even, had the Liberty at an impeccable 7-9 last season before he was so unfairly fired despite that great record and Hargrove building a more balanced team than they've ever had with Temecka Johnson running the point has nothing to do with any parts of Washington's success. Rolling Eyes
Slovydal

PostPosted: 07/04/05 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Somehow I thing BCBG heard the exact opposite of what iIsaid.

He did wosre last season (and lost his job)

Didn't he win somehting like the first five and then lose six in a row? That's not as good as what he's doing now.

How did Patty come into the discussion?

I was responding to your comment that he isn't doing any better this year than last - comparing 2004 Richie to 2005 Richie.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 07/04/05 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What I understood from your post was the exact opposite. You implied that the Mystics are getting better, or did I read that wrong?
That means they can ONLY get better from here. And then you excuse Richie by saying he didn't have all starters to begin this year, which is true, so that means his record is fair with all he had to deal with. Which justifies my answer that he didn't have anything to use as an excuse in NY and that soon Mystics fans will get to see the real Richie.

PostPosted: 07/04/05 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh wait, were you saying that the Mystics arent any better than last season - or that the team Richie is coaching isn't doing better than last season (2004 New York vs 2005 DC)?

styxfan22

PostPosted: 07/04/05 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Considering that the Mystics have a new coaching staff, three new starters, Chaz and DMJ couldn't get to camp until two days before the regular season started, and Alana missed the first four games with an injury, it's not surprising they had a slow start. But they've won five of their last six (and most of the losses were close games).

bigsportzbabe

PostPosted: 07/04/05 10:51 am    ::: Re: Changes Reply Reply with quote

So, the Libs were playing .500 ball when Richie was fired

PostPosted: 07/04/05 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Actually Pilight's numbers are based on the first 12 games last year, whereas your numbers are based on this time last year. 7/4/04 compared to 7/4/05

bigsportzbabe

PostPosted: 07/04/05 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
he compiled a 100-79 record. He led New York to three Eastern Conference Championships in 1999, 2001, and 2003 and four WNBA Finals. Under Adubato’s leadership, The Liberty recorded their 100th win in franchise history, becoming only the third WNBA franchise to reach this milestone. He coached the WNBA All-Star games in 2000, 2001, and 2003.

This was all with a team that never had higher than a #4 draft pick.....never had a "real" marquee player ( LA got LL, HOU got SS, we got Lobo who never had that "marquee" career promised ).....never had a "rising star"...no Mique, no DT, no Catch, no Bird, no Swin well you get my point.

After Nancy Darsch nearly ran the franchise into the ground, Richie came in and taught them how to play team basketball. Every year the pundits said we were too old, too slow and too low on talent to succeed, and every year the little professor proved them wrong...you scoff at his little playbook, but there is no better coach to have when your down by two with 10 seconds on the clock....

Richie almost orchestrated one of those comebacks against us this season

MSG.........6/05/05

(0:01) [WAS] Koehn Jump Shot: Missed

that was a 3pointer with WAS down 58-61.....as their confidence grows, next time she`ll make the shot, and the Stix will go on to win it in overtime. He will turn that franchise around.

I will never believe that it`s right to fire a future Hall of Fame coach (if the W lasts long enough to warrant such), because a bunch of spoiled brat players think that winging it is better than having a solid game plan. I guess that there is no "I" in team, except in New York

Sad,,,indeed.

PostPosted: 07/04/05 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree with you on what the players did, but Blaze created monsters, i.e. The Beckytrice, so the easy way out was to just fire him and let the players have it.

PostPosted: 07/04/05 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bigsportzbabe wrote:
Quote:
he compiled a 100-79 record. He led New York to three Eastern Conference Championships in 1999, 2001, and 2003 and four WNBA Finals. Under Adubato’s leadership, The Liberty recorded their 100th win in franchise history, becoming only the third WNBA franchise to reach this milestone. He coached the WNBA All-Star games in 2000, 2001, and 2003.

This was all with a team that never had higher than a #4 draft pick.....never had a "real" marquee player ( LA got LL, HOU got SS, we got Lobo who never had that "marquee" career promised ).....never had a "rising star"...no Mique, no DT, no Catch, no Bird, no Swin well you get my point.

After Nancy Darsch nearly ran the franchise into the ground, Richie came in and taught them how to play team basketball. Every year the pundits said we were too old, too slow and too low on talent to succeed, and every year the little professor proved them wrong...you scoff at his little playbook, but there is no better coach to have when your down by two with 10 seconds on the clock....

Richie almost orchestrated one of those comebacks against us this season

MSG.........6/05/05

(0:01) [WAS] Koehn Jump Shot: Missed

that was a 3pointer with WAS down 58-61.....as their confidence grows, next time she`ll make the shot, and the Stix will go on to win it in overtime. He will turn that franchise around.

I will never believe that it`s right to fire a future Hall of Fame coach (if the W lasts long enough to warrant such), because a bunch of spoiled brat players think that winging it is better than having a solid game plan. I guess that there is no "I" in team, except in New York

Sad,,,indeed.

Let's throw him a parade and name MSG Adubato Arena. The bottom line is his players stopped playing for him. Let's see, try and trade 11 players, 8 or 9 of which noone else wants or fire someone who's too stubborn to realize that he's coaching grown women and can't talk to them like they're 5.

Richie did nothing wrong. The players just turned into spoiled brats overnight. He's the victim. He had nothing to do with them turning on him. Let's all cry for Richie who was 7-9 and on the worst losing streak in franchise history when he got fired. Let's wear Bring Back Richie T's to MSG on Thursday. Give me a damn break. I'm also tired of everyone acting like we had a bunch of Bethany's all those years and Richie turned shit to gold with the waive of his magical playbook. If you can't see that that no stars bullshit was carefully placed marketing plan, too bad. But from what I remember, for most of his tenure we had 3 perimeter defenders who shut people down consistently and an undersized beast on both ends in the paint. We had Sue and Becky coming off the bench as well.

Coincidently, I assume, it just so happens that Spoon got stale, Sue left, Becky magically became a starting point guard, Tari got hurt and the wing position became the toughest to defend in this league right around the time that Richie became unbearable. Rolling Eyes
bigsportzbabe

PostPosted: 07/04/05 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Give me a damn break. I'm also tired of everyone acting like we had a bunch of Bethany's all those years and Richie turned shit to gold with the waive of his magical playbook. If you can't see that that no stars bullshit was carefully placed marketing plan, too bad. But from what I remember, for most of his tenure we had 3 perimeter defenders who shut people down consistently and an undersized beast on both ends in the paint. We had Sue and Becky coming off the bench as well.

Cooper, Swoopes, Thompson, remember them???? MVP`s, DPOY`s and TT would have been ROY if there was one......Perrot, Arcain

We never had a "franchise" player, that`s a fact. We had good players who were in the "twilight" of their careers.....

we had to many olga firsovas, camille coopers,et al....puleez

If the players resented Richie so much, why did they fall all over themselves to have dinner with him?? If what you claim is true, the dinner makes no sense...

I`m done....let`s pick this up in a month and see where Richie`s team is and where we are.....

PostPosted: 07/04/05 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bigsportzbabe wrote:
Cooper, Swoopes, Thompson, remember them???? MVP`s, DPOY`s and TT would have been ROY if there was one......Perrot, Arcain

We never had a "franchise" player, that`s a fact. We had good players who were in the "twilight" of their careers.....

we had to many olga firsovas, camille coopers,et al....puleez

If the players resented Richie so much, why did they fall all over themselves to have dinner with him?? If what you claim is true, the dinner makes no sense...

I`m done....let`s pick this up in a month and see where Richie`s team is and where we are.....

Let's see, it was a free meal with an old friend? The players hang out with Blaze and 9 out of 10 of them hate her as a gm. That doesn't mean they hate her as a person. As a matter of facct, one former player whom you would think would absolutely hate Blaze had dinner with her the other night. Do you really think the players are going to sit around and tell fans they don't know from Adam, "i really can't stand that old guy" or "i'm a card carrying member of the FBC." These women are trained by Cablevision in delivering the company line. I'm dead ass, they literally have classes to attend. Why do you think Miko's no longer in town? She got tired of Blaze fining her and Blaze got tired of handing out the fine.

I'm really having a hard time understanding what's so difficult for you to get about players liking someone as a person and hating them as a coach. Even Richie admitted he was wrong, learned from it and is trying not to do the same in DC.

Why you refuse to give our own DPOY and one of the all time leaders in assists Spoon, post players nightmare Tari, Warrior Wicks, a 3000+ scorer VJ, a great perimeter defender and clutch shooter Crystal, undersized fire starter Becky and even Miko who is quietly having a career year any credit all so you can pump up someone who's time and luck had clearly run out is disturbing. Noone's saying Richie wasn't a halfway decent coach, but you're acting as if Blaze fired Red Auerbach. Meanwhile in reality she fired someone who had a piss poor attitude toward his players from 2003 on and was on the worst losing streak in team history. Are you going to blame Blaze and the players for his terrible NBA coaching record too or is every gm he ever coached for clueless?

The Washington team he supposedly turned around is one game better than they were last year. Of course they'll make the playoffs because they've got the rookie of the year, a two time champion, and just some also ran named Beard. They're also getting some help from the Libs by having the woman who absorbed all of Richie's wisdom for 5 years coaching the Libs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: