RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Merc Bridgade: Say Hi To Our Huskies will ya?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/21/04 12:40 pm    ::: Merc Bridgade: Say Hi To Our Huskies will ya? Reply Reply with quote

It's only been about six months since UConn last played. I almost forgot what those new unis looked like. I guess you're going to see Ashley Battle and Ashley Valley in the lineup tonight for Wolff and Swanier, as Geno continues to reward practice effort.

Remember, they're rusty when you see them! By the way, Charde is the real deal, and Mel is going to be something special too I believe.

Enjoy the game tonight; where does everyone sit so I can look for people, not that I know what you all look like!

Slovydal

PostPosted: 12/22/04 5:53 pm    ::: Re: Merc Bridgade: Say Hi To Our Huskies will ya? Reply Reply with quote

What a GAME!!
(Sorry DTS!)
I ran into the Huskies in the airport this morning.
Nobody smiling. I asked Geno if Barbara Turner was injured - she didn't seem like herself. He said yes. He clearly didn't want to talk to anyone. Ashley Battle almost had a triple double: 20-something points, 9 rebounds and 7 TURNOVERS! DOH!
The Sun Devil's defense was AMAZING.
Meanwhile, UCLA dropped two in a row. I hope they're ready for ASU when they get here. I went to Illinois and they just sort of fell apart at the end of the first half and it was downhill from there.
The Purdue/Duke game was fun. Predictable, but fun. The Purdue fans are great. Duke has a freshman who looks like a young Lisa Leslie. She rebounds and blocks like her too.

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 12/22/04 6:21 pm    ::: Re: Merc Bridgade: Say Hi To Our Huskies will ya? Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Duke has a freshman who looks like a young Lisa Leslie

Are you talking about Chante Black?

Keegan

PostPosted: 12/22/04 8:20 pm    ::: Re: Merc Bridgade: Say Hi To Our Huskies will ya? Reply Reply with quote

Very happy about ASU's win. They're my favourite team in the Pac-10 after Stanford (though Charli's subbing patterns continue to bemuse).
Slovydal

PostPosted: 12/22/04 11:21 pm    ::: Re: Merc Bridgade: Say Hi To Our Huskies will ya? Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
Quote:
Duke has a freshman who looks like a young Lisa Leslie

Are you talking about Chante Black?

Yeah, I think that was her name. The kid's adorable.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/22/04 11:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw Chante Black play in person when I went back to Duke for my annual trip. She is 6-5 and a human pogo stick. Stellar defensive player on the ball, great rebounder and shotblocker. Offensively, a little raw, but an incredibly smart player.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 12/23/04 12:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
I saw Chante Black play in person when I went back to Duke for my annual trip. She is 6-5 and a human pogo stick. Stellar defensive player on the ball, great rebounder and shotblocker. Offensively, a little raw, but an incredibly smart player.

My sentiments exactly. When she adds some scoring to her thang - look out!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: