RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Most valuable point guard?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marjie

PostPosted: 07/02/05 9:04 am    ::: Most valuable point guard? Reply Reply with quote

efficiency rating record
Beard 10.82 8-7
Bird 12.00 7-8
Hammon 13.45 5-6
Staley 10.30 2-11
Taurasi 16.50 3-10
Whalen 14.50 12-2

Is not the most valuable point guard the one who makes her team better?

pilight

PostPosted: 07/02/05 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Beard isn't the Mystics' PG, Temeka Johnson is.

The question is which team would suffer most if they lost their PG. Since the Storm did lose Bird and had essentially the same record as they have with her, I would favor Whalen in that regard.

PostPosted: 07/02/05 9:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

True about Beard not being the point guard. Ooops!

I feel Whalen distributes the ball to her teammates better than the other guards. The Sun top 7 players all contribute offensively. This is the reason they lead in points and fg%.

styxfan22

PostPosted: 07/02/05 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Beard is actually the back-up PG. She takes over the point when TJ goes out.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 07/02/05 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's a hard question.

It's unfair to say Whalen or Bird, who both have MVP candidates on their team, plus another great player (Sales and Taj, Jackson and Betty)..If I had to guess, the Sun would do pretty well without Lindsay for a couple of games, but like Bird...eventually it would catch up to them.

Taurasi is probably the best player who plays the point, and Beard is probably the second best. But neither one of them are great point guards, both belong as a shooting guard, or small forward. It's hard for me to appoint Taurasi the most valuable point guard, because her team has only won three games..Phoenix would be a sad sight without her, but her team needs to win more games before she is the "Most valuable point guard." And Since, as said before, Beard doesn't usually play the point, you can't lable her as the most valuable point guard.

Staley's team has not been doing all that well, so like Taurasi, it's hard to say that she is the most valuable point guard.

Then we are left with Becky, who doesn't have doesn't have the talent that Bird and Whalen have around them. Her team is in fifth place in the East, so you once again have the same argument as Taurasi's and Staley's.

If the Merc was winning, it would be easy. I'd like to see the Sun without Whalen, before I decide, but I'm actually going to go with Becky on this. Her team is doing better then expected. She's playing pretty well, and she doesn't have the talent around her that Bird and Whalen have.

gopherfan

PostPosted: 07/02/05 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Last year when Lindsay was out with strep throat the sun won 1 game and lost 2 so yea they did all right without her. but I think her coming back healthy help the team go on a 6 game wining before losing to the Sacramento. Lindsay is defiantly having a break out year so far she has stepped it up more and is a little more experience. I have to say she pretty valuable right now.

Want your bad romance

http://www.elyricsworld.com/bad_romance_lyrics_lady_gaga.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: