RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

question for mac users

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sambista

PostPosted: 07/02/05 8:00 am    ::: question for mac users Reply Reply with quote

is anyone else using the macinscott 2 template for this board?

if you are, have you had any problems with the new posts not showing up as green apples?

i haven't seen anyone complain about it, so i think there's something on my machine that's trampling on the macinscott template. but when i come on the board in the mornings, all the apples are clear. then, as time passes, the new posts start showing up as green, as they should. it's weird. i haven't been able to isolate what it is that triggers the correct display.

PostPosted: 07/02/05 8:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

whoa . . . it is so weird looking at the board with a different template! non-mac people should try the macinscott template. it seems much more airy than the other ones. i don't think you need a mac to use it - if i'm not mistaken, i use it on my pc at work.

PostPosted: 07/02/05 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i use subSilver. i'm not really into the others.

PostPosted: 07/02/05 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
it seems much more airy than the other ones

Dare I ask?

sambista

PostPosted: 07/02/05 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
Quote:
it seems much more airy than the other ones

Dare I ask?

hahahaha! well, that's not the exact word i wanted to use, but i couldn't find the right one. i guess it's because the macinscott template uses horizontal rules that are more, i don't know, faded? less bold than in other templates. so the look, at least to me, is softer than the other templates. and the indicators (new posts, unread posts, hot posts) are more obvious to me. tho i'm sure there's just a small percentage using that template. i've got so much software going on that i doubt i'll be able to narrow down what's gumming up the display, but i thought i'd ask.

PostPosted: 07/02/05 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You can`t learn if you don`t ask.....

What is the macinscott 2 template ?

in fact what is a template?

sorry, I`m the resident techie in training

PostPosted: 07/02/05 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bigsportzbabe wrote:
You can`t learn if you don`t ask.....

What is the macinscott 2 template ?

in fact what is a template?

sorry, I`m the resident techie in training

There are several different looks for the board, some might call them skins, they are referred to in the documentation for this board as templates, but anyway, at the top of any of the pages on the board there is a link to Profile, click it and towards the bottom of that screen which has all your settings, there is a section with a pulldown menu called Board Style: I'm not sure which Board Style you are using, but there are about 5 different selections in the list, pick the one called Macinscott2 or the one called Classic, and then click the Submit button at the bottom, it will change the way the board looks, everybody should switch around with the different templates, you might like one better than the others. I personally perfer the Classic one, Bibb definitely like the Macinscott2, others like the original one, Pixelated.

bigsportzbabe

PostPosted: 07/02/05 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thanks so much.....Reb

a new toy...

PostPosted: 07/02/05 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
whoa . . . it is so weird looking at the board with a different template! non-mac people should try the macinscott template. it seems much more airy than the other ones. i don't think you need a mac to use it - if i'm not mistaken, i use it on my pc at work.

I use the macinscott, too. Same as you people.

Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 07/02/05 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:

Evil or Very Mad

you're just jealous that you won't be at the asg taking everyone's picture with your d70, d90, whatever, and spending the rest of your natural born life twisting them around in photoshop.

PostPosted: 07/02/05 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

Evil or Very Mad

you're just jealous that you won't be at the asg taking everyone's picture with your d70, d90, whatever, and spending the rest of your natural born life twisting them around in photoshop.

PostPosted: 07/02/05 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

omigod! do you have that game? i've been looking for it!

little miss leslie doesn't look all sweet and innocent in that shot, huh?

PostPosted: 07/02/05 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
omigod! do you have that game? i've been looking for it!

little miss leslie doesn't look all sweet and innocent in that shot, huh?

Yeah I've got that game. But I'm not sure I took this image from that game's tape. I think it was taken from a regular season (2000) teaser before a Comets/Sparks TV game wherein they were showing the history of bad blood etc.

Oh those WERE the days.

(You think Leslie isn't strong take a look on that ref's face. He looks like he's 'raslin' a crocodile. )

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: