RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sacramento (10-4) @ Detroit (6-5)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MamaBristow

PostPosted: 07/01/05 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Three players and a trainer carry DeMya Walker off the court. This has not been a good game for Sac personnel wise. Two injuries. It's the knee that she's wearing that fat brace on. Sad

dwalkfan22

PostPosted: 07/01/05 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wow, DWalk n Kara hurt and Yo with 4 fouls Crying or Very sad . It's time for everyone else to step it up.
Let's Go Monarchs!!

PostPosted: 07/01/05 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NOOOOO! Not DeMya!!!!

PostPosted: 07/01/05 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awwww, man. this is not good.

PostPosted: 07/01/05 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alepp03 wrote:
NOOOOO! Not DeMya!!!!

I love DeMya, I really do. And I hope she's fine. But as long as she's out of the game, Detroit, could you please put another game in SAC's loss column?

PostPosted: 07/01/05 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, Great Win tonight for the Monarchs!! and all of this without DWalk & Lawson in the second half. The team really stepped it up, especially Brunson and Powell Very Happy

PostPosted: 07/01/05 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is DeMya's injury serious? Confused

dwalkfan22

PostPosted: 07/01/05 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not 100% sure, they said she re-tweeked it but that she was in the locker rooms walking it out. They later said she was on the sidelines riding the bike. Sad I hope she'll be ok for sunday.

PostPosted: 07/01/05 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The radio announcers expect DeMya to play in Seattle Sunday. She was riding the stationary bicycle during the second half. Lawson probably won't play Sunday.

Great win. Very Happy The Monarchs' defense is overwhelming and does tend to get opponents flustered. Coach Whiz went off on the refs before BL did, so I suspect it was poorly officiated both ways.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 07/01/05 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope that DeMya is ok. She is my favorite player in the W not named Swin Cash.

bullsky

PostPosted: 07/01/05 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great team effort tonight for the Monarchs. Even though they lost to Connecticut twice, I think by the end of the year, they could be a tough team to beat. Defensively, they're in your face. Offensively, they dont miss a beat. Their bench is strong. They're making the rest of the west look average.

sambista

PostPosted: 07/01/05 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stay strong, demya.

PostPosted: 07/01/05 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Monarchs got out of their offensive funk that they've been stuck in. They had nice balanced scoring from everyone. Double figures for 4 out of 5 starters. This was a nice win. Defense was great as usual, but the offense really stepped up.

The whole team showed their toughness. They played great despite losing two key players to injury.

Oh, and Ticha Penicheiro becomes the first player to hit 1,500 assists! Nice game by the point guard.

styxfan22

PostPosted: 07/01/05 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Mystics loss to Sacto last Sunday suddenly doesn't look so bad. Sacto's beating up on the East (except CT).

smenko

PostPosted: 07/01/05 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gee, it was almost as if the three women referees decided before the game that they were taking no guff from anybody. They would hold out their hand as if they were saying, "Look, talk to the hand!" When people did they immediately got a technical.

Now Bill went out of his way to talk to the ref to get himself ejected.

My seats were far away but I coulda sworn that I saw Stinson sitting in as a an assistant coach for the Shock. She sat in back were Hlede used to sit. When Laimbeer was thrown out she went to sit up front but Mahorn told her to sit back where she was.

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 07/01/05 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
My seats were far away but I coulda sworn that I saw Stinson sitting in as a an assistant coach for the Shock.

Thanks, smenko. This could be the answer to the 'be patient grasshopers' riddle SFO gave us two days ago.

thetruth

PostPosted: 07/01/05 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

smenko wrote:
Gee, it was almost as if the three women referees decided before the game that they were taking no guff from anybody. They would hold out their hand as if they were saying, "Look, talk to the hand!" When people did they immediately got a technical.

Now Bill went out of his way to talk to the ref to get himself ejected.

My seats were far away but I coulda sworn that I saw Stinson sitting in as a an assistant coach for the Shock. She sat in back were Hlede used to sit. When Laimbeer was thrown out she went to sit up front but Mahorn told her to sit back where she was.

Yes Andrea was there!

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 07/01/05 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:

[color=indigo]Pierson now with 12, 1, 1, 2stl! Exclamation [/ccolor]

While Admiral is so happy to crow about Plenette, thinking it is somehow a crack on Phoenix and the Brigade...consider Detroit lost AT HOME..to a team traveling and on the back end of a back-to-back...by 17 points!

That second round pick looks better tonight!

Slovydal

PostPosted: 07/01/05 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
While Admiral is so happy to crow about Plenette, thinking it is somehow a crack on Phoenix and the Brigade...consider Detroit lost AT HOME..to a team traveling and on the back end of a back-to-back...by 17 points!

...the team that made that horrible trade for Nicole Powell - LOL!

dukemayo

PostPosted: 07/01/05 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Erin Buescher really injured? Probably not. She was probably put on injured status just to make room for Olympia Scott-Richardson.

Just looking at what she's done in 85 minutes, it looks like there are better candidates for the reserve tank. Beyond 15-19 shooting, she has 8 steals and some other decent contributions. Are the stats not reflecting some major negative about her play? Anyone know what gives?

Sass

PostPosted: 07/01/05 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Geezus! Laimbeer gets ejected and Whiz and Ford get techs? What happened here? Does anyone know details? Good lawd.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
MamaBristow

PostPosted: 07/01/05 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dukemayo wrote:
Is Erin Buescher really injured? Probably not. She was probably put on injured status just to make room for Olympia Scott-Richardson.

Just looking at what she's done in 85 minutes, it looks like there are better candidates for the reserve tank. Beyond 15-19 shooting, she has 8 steals and some other decent contributions. Are the stats not reflecting some major negative about her play? Anyone know what gives?

They say that she injured her back in practice, but I dunno. Sounds like the IR bug bit her instead, but who knows why. She's already a fan-fave in Sacramento. She brings a lot of hustle to the team, she does a lot of things that don't show up in the stats.

Olympia has played well so far, so I have no complaints. But Erin wouldn't have been my choice for the IR. She's been a great addition to this team. All three players are making that *horrible* Tangela trade look pretty good!

dukemayo

PostPosted: 07/01/05 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MamaBristow wrote:
She's already a fan-fave in Sacramento. She brings a lot of hustle to the team, she does a lot of things that don't show up in the stats.

She was a favorite in Charlotte too. For both her play and her fan appeal, the Sting should have tried to keep her.

Now it looks like Sacramento doesn't value her either. Someday I hope some team gives her a secure niche.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 07/01/05 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Final tally for Plenette: 22pts, 2rbs, 1ast, 2stls on a 8-13 Exclamation

Amazing for her 1st night on the job... Idea Not only that, but 1st game as a 3 too...

Quote:
Newcomer Plenette Pierson, acquired by Detroit (6-6) in a trade Wednesday with the Phoenix Mercury, had 22 points and Deanna Nolan added 14 for the Shock.

"Coming in here, I wanted to mesh with the girls as best as possible," said Pierson, who made 8-of-13 shots. "I was going to do what was asked of me. And I was asked to be aggressive and go to the basket and the girls helped me out with that."

Detroit was lethargic from the opening tip, committing 15 turnovers in the first half. But the Shock shot 10-of-20 from the floor to trail just 38-31 at the break. They finished with 22 turnovers.

Laimbeer liked what he saw from Pierson.

"We're looking for some scoring from the three position and it's clear that she can do that," he said. "We just need people to match her intensity now."

http://sports.espn.go.com/wnba/recap?gameId=250701003

Nice recovery for Powell too, after going without a FG for the second time this season vs NY, ending with one point..

And the papers weren't joking when they said busloads of people were coming to see Haynie Shocked Almost 11,000 attended...

bullsky

PostPosted: 07/01/05 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Final tally for Plenette: 22pts, 2rbs, 1ast, 2stls on a 8-13 Exclamation

Amazing for her 1st night on the job... Idea Not only that, but 1st game as a 3 too...

Quote:
Newcomer Plenette Pierson, acquired by Detroit (6-6) in a trade Wednesday with the Phoenix Mercury, had 22 points and Deanna Nolan added 14 for the Shock.

"Coming in here, I wanted to mesh with the girls as best as possible," said Pierson, who made 8-of-13 shots. "I was going to do what was asked of me. And I was asked to be aggressive and go to the basket and the girls helped me out with that."

Detroit was lethargic from the opening tip, committing 15 turnovers in the first half. But the Shock shot 10-of-20 from the floor to trail just 38-31 at the break. They finished with 22 turnovers.

Laimbeer liked what he saw from Pierson.

"We're looking for some scoring from the three position and it's clear that she can do that," he said. "We just need people to match her intensity now."

http://sports.espn.go.com/wnba/recap?gameId=250701003

Nice recovery for Powell too, after going without a FG for the second time this season vs NY, ending with one point..

And the papers weren't joking when they said busloads of people were coming to see Haynie Shocked Almost 11,000 attended...

I bet there was a mad-dash for the Bad Girl posters Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: