RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Liberty and the New York Times

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lib Fan

PostPosted: 07/01/05 12:34 pm    ::: The Liberty and the New York Times Reply Reply with quote

Since when has the New York Times stopped reprting on Liberty games? Nothing in Fridays paper...Since I am a New York Times reader and a Lib fan, it gets me mad. When 10,000 people are at MSG and the Times finds it of liitle sports news there is something wrong.
What do others think?

el_barrio_96_125

PostPosted: 07/01/05 4:21 pm    ::: Re: The Liberty and the New York Times Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
Since when has the New York Times stopped reprting on Liberty games? Nothing in Fridays paper...Since I am a New York Times reader and a Lib fan, it gets me mad. When 10,000 people are at MSG and the Times finds it of liitle sports news there is something wrong.
What do others think?

The Libs don't hold the same weight they used to in the media and there were NOT 10,000 people in there last night. They're not even a big deal in their own buildings anymore. All the talk the last 2 or 3 weeks at the practice facility and MSG has been about the Knicks and that's from the people in the Libs own organization. 7 out of their next 9 games are on the road. Unless Becky jumps off a bridge, the Times coverage will continue to be non-existent and other papers may soon follow. Look around the arena and blame your general manager.
herrade

PostPosted: 07/01/05 6:55 pm    ::: Re: The Liberty and the New York Times Reply Reply with quote

f_blaze_coalition wrote:
Look around the arena and blame your general manager.

hell, yeah. i think we've been doing that since... um, i dunno, forever? someone better cut off that stinky ass limb before everything gets gangrene. last year during the july 4 weekend it was richie's time to go. maybe we'll have as much luck in 05.

PostPosted: 07/01/05 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

you could always contact the times and tell'em how you feel, reminding them that - win or lose - the fans expect coverage.

The Yanks get coverage, despite their constant losing. Smile

sports@nytimes.com

PostPosted: 07/02/05 3:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RedEqualsLuck wrote:
you could always contact the times and tell'em how you feel, reminding them that - win or lose - the fans expect coverage.

The Yanks get coverage, despite their constant losing. Smile

sports@nytimes.com

I actually wrote them a really bitchy and sarcastic (but humourous) letter today, reminding them that we have a pro basketball team playing at madison square garden, among other things. I also threatened (albeit falsely) to cancel my subscription, since they clearly don't know what's going on anywhere (My exact line was: "Perhaps my faith in the Times as the 'paper of record' is misguided and I should reconsider my subscription. After all, if you don't even know what's going on at Madison Square Garden, how can I trust you to know what new evil the Bush administration is up to?")
I also BCC'd the Liberty, just so they'd know something was written.

Y'all should write too now, ya hear?

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 07/02/05 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree. Write the Times (sports@nytimes.com).

They have a history of spotty sports coverage for other sports as well, don't they? Do they normally send reporters to MLS games?

Could Lena Williams be on vacation? We got an AP piece for a Lynx game here once and everyone thought the Strib had dropped Pam Schmid (excellent beat reporter for WNBA here)-- turned out she was gone for the week, came back, wrote games up again. But the Times could have sent an intern or a stringer (which the Strib actually did for the next Lynx game).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: