RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

OMG! sandra day o'connor retires!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sambista

PostPosted: 07/01/05 9:40 am    ::: OMG! sandra day o'connor retires! Reply Reply with quote

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/01/politics/01cnd-oconnor.html?hp&ex=1120276800&en=d042b013f0c56cec&ei=5094&partner=homepage

PostPosted: 07/01/05 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aw shit.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
KeiraNY

PostPosted: 07/01/05 2:17 pm    ::: Re: OMG! sandra day o'connor retires! Reply Reply with quote

I'm SOOOO not happy with that!!! With each passing day, I grow in fear of these freaky, sickos (I'm talking about the Christian fundies). Oh man, what have you done Sandra?? Three more years...PLLLEEEEAASSSEE!!

sebibb wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/01/politics/01cnd-oconnor.html?hp&ex=1120276800&en=d042b013f0c56cec&ei=5094&partner=homepage

bigsportzbabe

PostPosted: 07/01/05 2:23 pm    ::: Re: OMG! sandra day o'connor retires! Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:
I'm SOOOO not happy with that!!! With each passing day, I grow in fear of these freaky, sickos (I'm talking about the Christian fundies). Oh man, what have you done Sandra?? Three more years...PLLLEEEEAASSSEE!!

sebibb wrote:

She said that she would step down "AFTER" a replacement is found...

fasten your seatbelts this could be a very bumpy ride

PostPosted: 07/01/05 3:18 pm    ::: Re: OMG! sandra day o'connor retires! Reply Reply with quote

When I heard she had retired I was mad at her Embarassed but then I read her husband has alzheimers and she wants to spend time with him, who can blame her for that Confused

It's pretty bad when you think Alberto "tourture man" Gonzelous is one of the the best justicce on Bushes list (he is pro choice or at least as close as a conservative can get)
The other decent choice is Lindsey Graham who at least has spoken up against the wingnuts on occasion

PostPosted: 07/01/05 3:25 pm    ::: Re: OMG! sandra day o'connor retires! Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
When I heard she had retired I was mad at her Embarassed but then I read her husband has alzheimers and she wants to spend time with him, who can blame her for that Confused

John O'Connor was a partner at my former law firm. Nice guy, never got to work with him. But I am not sure things have been well with him for a while. He kept introducing himself to me and began conversations, even though we had already met...repeatedly. This was a pattern over 2 years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: