What?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DTP

PostPosted: 10/05/08 6:24 pm    ::: What? Reply Reply with quote

What were you guys saying?

* No Ford, No Championship?
* Their time has passed??
* They'd struggle against anyone who came out of the West???
* They're too old???
* San Antonio in 3????

Haha....man it feels goooooooooooooooooood to shut everyone up! No offense to anyone but haha, I feel great right now...just had to let it all out. Feel like I was out there playin...

MuneravenMN
Champion Tipster

PostPosted: 10/05/08 6:32 pm    ::: Re: What? Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:

* They're too old???
* San Antonio in 3????

Haha....man it feels goooooooooooooooooood to shut everyone up! No offense to anyone but haha, I feel great right now...just had to let it all out. Feel like I was out there playin...

Wow anyone who said SASS in 3 was dreaming! I didn't think the Shock would sweep but I KNEW SASS wouldn't!

PostPosted: 10/05/08 6:34 pm    ::: Re: What? Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:

* They're too old???
* San Antonio in 3????

That was Pilight who said "No Ford, No Championship".

Still, he DID call Palin being McCain's running mate. Can't win 'em all. Very Happy

No 1 Throwdown

PostPosted: 10/05/08 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would agree with no ford no ring as a shock fan

before Taj that is

Red Panda 4 life
caune

PostPosted: 10/05/08 6:36 pm    ::: Re: What? Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:

* They're too old???
* San Antonio in 3????

\just feel lucky it's the SASS you played, not last years Mercury team Wink

Last edited by caune on 10/05/08 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
DTP

PostPosted: 10/05/08 6:37 pm    ::: Re: What? Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
DTP wrote:

* They're too old???
* San Antonio in 3????

\just feel lucky it's the SASS you played on not last years Mercury team Wink

lol

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 10/05/08 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats, DTP Smile Crow all you'd like!

Mathies to LA 2013
DTP

PostPosted: 10/05/08 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And oh yeah, SWIN WHO?

Shades

PostPosted: 10/05/08 6:40 pm    ::: Re: What? Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:

Okay, now let's see if you can do it without Laimbeer.

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 10/05/08 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
And oh yeah, SWIN WHO?

Typical Detroit class...

DTP

PostPosted: 10/05/08 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
DTP wrote:
And oh yeah, SWIN WHO?

Typical Detroit class...

Yes Sir!!!

DTP

PostPosted: 10/05/08 6:42 pm    ::: Re: What? Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
DTP wrote:

Sounds in his press conference to me he may be done. But if he is, the franchise will go to either Cheryl or Rick or maybe even both and I have confidence in them to keep things going. I hope they all return though...

GEF34

PostPosted: 10/05/08 6:47 pm    ::: Re: What? Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
Shades wrote:
DTP wrote:

Sounds in his press conference to me he may be done. But if he is, the franchise will go to either Cheryl or Rick or maybe even both and I have confidence in them to keep things going. I hope they all return though...

I would like to see Cheryl Reeves take over the Shock based on what I've heard about her, but not being a Shock fan or close with the interworkings of the team, would Cheryl be a better choice to take over the team than Rick??

DTP

PostPosted: 10/05/08 6:48 pm    ::: Re: What? Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
DTP wrote:
Shades wrote:
DTP wrote:

I would like to see Cheryl Reeves take over the Shock based on what I've heard about her, but not being a Shock fan or close with the interworkings of the team, would Cheryl be a better choice to take over the team than Rick??

I think so.

GEF34

PostPosted: 10/05/08 6:50 pm    ::: Re: What? Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:

I think so.

Thats good, after all I read about her she deserves her shot at taking over the lead for the Shock

bballequalslife

PostPosted: 10/05/08 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All I said was SASS in five---which obviously didn't come close to happening. Laughing

Didn't say the other stuff, though. Wink

bahanee

PostPosted: 10/06/08 8:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I called Shock in 4 didnt think they would sweep...
sweet....

It takes more than skill to play for the DETROIT SHOCK, it takes attitude and heart...
PattyforPresident

PostPosted: 10/06/08 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No 1 Throwdown wrote:

before Taj that is

Yeah, DTP, you can't use that unless he said it AFTER the Taj trade. If that's the case, we have a moron on our hands. Just on all-around ability, Taj is a better player than Ford. Ford obviously brings things that other players can't though in terms of toughness and especially rebounding, but most of the league was ready to put the gun in their mouths after Hargrove pulled the trigger on that deal.

DTP

PostPosted: 10/06/08 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PattyforPresident wrote:
No 1 Throwdown wrote:

before Taj that is

Yeah, DTP, you can't use that unless he said it AFTER the Taj trade. If that's the case, we have a moron on our hands. Just on all-around ability, Taj is a better player than Ford. Ford obviously brings things that other players can't though in terms of toughness and especially rebounding, but most of the league was ready to put the gun in their mouths after Hargrove pulled the trigger on that deal.

There were a lot of people still saying that no ford no championship after the trade for Taj... And I disagree that Taj is a better player than Ford, maybe offensively but not overall a better player. And Taj is better offensively because she can extend her range which Ford hasn't developed yet....Ford to me is the better offensive post player.

GEF34

PostPosted: 10/06/08 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
PattyforPresident wrote:
No 1 Throwdown wrote:

before Taj that is

There were a lot of people still saying that no ford no championship after the trade for Taj... And I disagree that Taj is a better player than Ford, maybe offensively but not overall a better player. And Taj is better offensively because she can extend her range which Ford hasn't developed yet....Ford to me is the better offensive post player.

wouldn't that be the definition of better all around if she can spread the defense because she can extend her range. At the least she's a better offensive all-around player

PattyforPresident

PostPosted: 10/06/08 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
DTP wrote:
PattyforPresident wrote:
No 1 Throwdown wrote:

before Taj that is

wouldn't that be the definition of better all around if she can spread the defense because she can extend her range. At the least she's a better offensive all-around player

She passes better, but you already said better offensively I guess. She blocks more shots. She has quicker hands (more steals). She's more versatile on defense. Ford rebounds better. That's it. Taj is an all-around better player.

GEF34

PostPosted: 10/06/08 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PattyforPresident wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
DTP wrote:
PattyforPresident wrote:
No 1 Throwdown wrote:

before Taj that is

She passes better, but you already said better offensively I guess. She blocks more shots. She has quicker hands (more steals). She's more versatile on defense. Ford rebounds better. That's it. Taj is an all-around better player.

I was just going based on him saying she was better offensively Wink

TweetyMulatto

PostPosted: 10/06/08 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

aww i love you DTP.

i just got back from the Shock rally. i love my ladies so much...

If death meant just leaving the stage long enough to change costume and come back as a new character...would you slow down? Or speed up?
shock6666

PostPosted: 10/06/08 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TweetyMulatto wrote:
aww i love you DTP.

i just got back from the Shock rally. i love my ladies so much...

I was there too! I love the girls too and miss them and the season already. I'm totally having Shock letdown...can't believe this season is over....what a high and now it's over for now....when is spring training???

DTP

PostPosted: 10/06/08 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
PattyforPresident wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
DTP wrote:
PattyforPresident wrote:
No 1 Throwdown wrote:

before Taj that is

I was just going based on him saying she was better offensively Wink

Taj is longer so she's able to get her hands up and get more blocks but that doesn't make her the better defensive player. Ford is a little more mobile, more athletic, she has quick hands as well....she gets a ton of steals on guards, very physical, and just a hell of a defender when she's healthy. Offensively, she doesn't have the range, passing ability, or handles of Taj but like I said in the post I believe Ford is better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: