RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Where are they now - Lindsey Yamasaki

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CB

PostPosted: 02/28/09 9:40 pm    ::: Where are they now - Lindsey Yamasaki Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
There are two former Stanford players serving as college head coaches. One is former guard Molly Goodenbour, coaching at UC Irvine. The other is Lindsey Yamasaki, first-year head coach at Academy of Art University in San Francisco.

Yamasaki - a 2002 All-Pac-10 selection who played pro ball in the WNBA and overseas - was running clinics and coaching youth teams at the Japanese Cultural and Community Center in San Francisco when she was approached by the art school to coach the women's team.

There was an internet WNBA rumor in this article (2-19-09) regarding Gray-Lawson and what I thought was interesting is Sheryl Swoopes' location when talking to Gray-Lawson. Laughing

Quote:
Around the Pac-10: Despite an Internet report out of Seattle that Cal guard Alexis Gray-Lawson is "thinking about" leaving the Bears with a year of eligibility remaining to go into the WNBA draft, Cal coach Joanne Boyle insists Gray-Lawson isn't going anywhere.

PostPosted: 02/28/09 11:26 pm    ::: Re: Where are they now - Lindsey Yamasaki Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Around the Pac-10: Despite an Internet report out of Seattle that Cal guard Alexis Gray-Lawson is "thinking about" leaving the Bears with a year of eligibility remaining to go into the WNBA draft, Cal coach Joanne Boyle insists Gray-Lawson isn't going anywhere.
[/quote]

what on earth is Gray-Lawson smokin'?

PostPosted: 03/01/09 12:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I think this is not the year to be trying to make it in the W. Lexi could make more of a name for herself next year as the go-to player with Walker and Hampton gone.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/01/09 12:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You'd think someone at Cal would have the smarts to know this is not the year to give up a year of free, top-notch education. Wink

As for the original topic, I believe cattekin's been to a couple of 'Saki's games. She was a sweetheart, even if "I'm having Yamasaki-on-Sales flashbacks" means someone has given up on defense to the point where I'm having a nightmare while awake.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: