Offseason play in Europe....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mm

PostPosted: 10/22/08 2:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

petrel wrote:
shadowboxer wrote:
mm wrote:
Tamika Catchings to polish runner-up Lotos Gdynia (from January 2009).
If this is cofirmed,it puts Catchings and Beard on same team.Anyone know who else is on Poland/Lotos Gdynia team?

Jennifer Fleischer. A former center from the University of Pennsylvania. No other American players AFAIK.

4th American player in Gdynia is Michelle Maslowski (more: http://www.michelle-maslowski.com)

petrel

PostPosted: 10/22/08 8:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just posted the following at Pleasant Dreams:

I have some news from someone in the Atlanta Dream organization (haven't gotten permission to state their name) that Ann Strother left Friday to join the Jiangsu team of the WCBA in China. The team plays its games in Nanking.

During a 75-74 win by Jiangsu against Shanghai in Nanjin on Tuesday, a player by the name of "An Sizhou" (Chinese characters: 安·斯卓 ) scored 4 points on 1-for-9 shooting. "An" is listed as a foreign player and she's of the right height approximately. I would attribute the 1 for 9 shooting to jet lag, myself.

We have 100 percent confirmation that Strother will be playing in the WCBA and we have 90 percent confirmation that this "An Sizhou" is probably her. When I can find out more from the Chinese media and Translate Google, I'll be right on it.

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 10/22/08 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

n/m

PostPosted: 10/22/08 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

petrel wrote:

I have some news from someone in the Atlanta Dream organization (haven't gotten permission to state their name) that Ann Strother left Friday to join the Jiangsu team of the WCBA in China. The team plays its games in Nanking.

During a 75-74 win by Jiangsu against Shanghai in Nanjin on Tuesday, a player by the name of "An Sizhou" (Chinese characters: 安·斯卓 ) scored 4 points on 1-for-9 shooting. "An" is listed as a foreign player and she's of the right height approximately. I would attribute the 1 for 9 shooting to jet lag, myself.

We have 100 percent confirmation that Strother will be playing in the WCBA and we have 90 percent confirmation that this "An Sizhou" is probably her. When I can find out more from the Chinese media and Translate Google, I'll be right on it.

thanks for you news,i will add she name to my list.

PostPosted: 10/24/08 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DeMya Walker to CCC Polkowice (POL)

Chip

PostPosted: 10/26/08 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Where is Jessica Davenport??? Question Question

Smoovie

PostPosted: 10/26/08 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

paigeme wrote:
icey23 wrote:
bullsky wrote:
Syl is headed to Russia, from what I hear.

To play for Pokey

Is Pokey still coaching for Spartak? I haven't heard of any news regarding Sylvia heading there, but a lineup of Taurasi-Jackson-Bird-Thompson-Fowles...that would just be...I would have to fly to Russia to see this. I think I heard Shabtai is tightening his wallet this year and isn't going to include as many international players on the roster. He has already dumped Matovic.

So, where is Tina playing. Dude is so grimy, she probably should stay away from Russia after they're falling out, for a while

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
MH122

Location: Bus Town/ The Hall/Cap City...Whatever they call it these days

PostPosted: 10/26/08 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
Syl is headed to Russia, from what I hear.

Russia must be ecstatic to have a dominant post player to go against the U.S. in 2012 Wink

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 10/26/08 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chip wrote:

??? One of the main players who needs to be working on her game, hasn't popped up anywhere yet (that I know of). Also Battle, not sure if she's anywhere overseas either.

PostPosted: 10/29/08 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Update: Kristin Haynie (Atlanta Dream) to Greek club Paleo Faliro.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 10/29/08 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chip wrote:

Doing what DeMya Walker SHOULD be--resting. She needs to take some time away from the court, then try to latch on with a team in January.

Now, the main people who should be working on their games--like Erica White, Shannon Bobbitt, and Ketia Swanier--haven't turned up anywhere. They're all probably chillin' in the cut--not even worrying about getting "cut" next year (and it's possible that all three won't make it in 2009).

mm

PostPosted: 10/29/08 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:

Now, the main people who should be working on their games--like Erica White, Shannon Bobbitt, and Ketia Swanier--haven't turned up anywhere. They're all probably chillin' in the cut--not even worrying about getting "cut" next year (and it's possible that all three won't make it in 2009).

Bobbitt currently plays for Botas (Tureky). She had 0/6 FG and 7 assists in her debut last Sunday.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 10/29/08 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mm wrote:
Bobbitt currently plays for Botas (Tureky). She had 0/6 FG and 7 assists in her debut last Sunday.

If she plays for Botas, then what happened to Tisdale?

Queenie

PostPosted: 10/29/08 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Chip wrote:

Doing what DeMya Walker SHOULD be--resting. She needs to take some time away from the court, then try to latch on with a team in January.

Respectful disagreement here. Jess was healed up enough to play the postseason- it was Tiff who had the recurrence of the stress fracture, and it's Tiff who should be waiting until January (if she isn't already- I am fail when it comes to tracking overseas games). Jess should be getting her ass in game shape muy pronto, whether that means slimming down or going overseas.

PostPosted: 10/29/08 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Respectful disagreement here. Jess was healed up enough to play the postseason- it was Tiff who had the recurrence of the stress fracture, and it's Tiff who should be waiting until January (if she isn't already- I am fail when it comes to tracking overseas games). Jess should be getting her ass in game shape muy pronto, whether that means slimming down or going overseas.

Point taken. I didn't know the severity of her injury, so that's why I thought she might benefit from staying back until January. If she's healed, then yes--she needs to get over to Europe STAT.

Queenie

PostPosted: 10/29/08 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Point taken. I didn't know the severity of her injury, so that's why I thought she might benefit from staying back until January. If she's healed, then yes--she needs to get over to Europe STAT.

She probably could do with the break, true enough, albeit less than our Miss Jackson- after all, wasn't Walker technically healthy? Jess'd probably be best served by doing a bit of shaping up the next couple of months and then doing the second session overseas. (Just not in France. I swear, if Leilani comes back next year with a stress fracture, I'm going to start sending care packages full of calcium supplements to the French teams.)

PostPosted: 10/29/08 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
She probably could do with the break, true enough, albeit less than our Miss Jackson- after all, wasn't Walker technically healthy? Jess'd probably be best served by doing a bit of shaping up the next couple of months and then doing the second session overseas. (Just not in France. I swear, if Leilani comes back next year with a stress fracture, I'm going to start sending care packages full of calcium supplements to the French teams.)

LOL! Unlike Tiffany and Jessica, Leilani actually has a decent back-up on her team. Not sure if she plays more than 30 mpg on most nights.

Jessica, IMO, needs to go to a team where she'll be able to play about 20 productive mpg. No more and no less than that.

petrel

PostPosted: 10/31/08 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to this article, Jia Perkins has left Utex Row Rybnik.

Adam Greczyło, president of Rybnik, stated that the contract was "resolved" by both parties. According to a Polish basketball message board, the release read "Authorities thank the club for performances in the colors of our club and wish every success in further sporting career."

petrel

PostPosted: 11/07/08 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Monique Currie to Lotos Gydnia in Poland.

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 11/07/08 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

petrel wrote:
Monique Currie to Lotos Gydnia in Poland.

So Mo and Beard are again on the same team, should make things even smoother for next season in the W.

PostPosted: 11/07/08 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marcedes Walker had 31 points, and 20 boards against BC Star - TLÜ.

Houston should have kept her. Bad choice on their part. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Swoopes_Tompson_Comets22 on 11/08/08 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
saje1

PostPosted: 11/08/08 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

petrel wrote:

Ann Sizhou IS Ann Strother. After recuperating from a 24 hr plane ride and scoring 4 pts, she is averaging 14 pts, 7 rbs, 1 ast,1blk,per game. She is happily playing 35-40 min/game. Shooting 50% at the three, 91%ft and has played both the 3 and 4 positions for them. They play home games in Xiying, near Nanjing. She is loving her team and is particularly happy to have a team where many talented teammates can score, too, making it difficult for other teams to guard them. They play together well. China has been very welcoming to her!

petrel

PostPosted: 11/08/08 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

saje1 wrote:

Ann Sizhou IS Ann Strother. After recuperating from a 24 hr plane ride and scoring 4 pts, she is averaging 14 pts, 7 rbs, 1 ast,1blk,per game. She is happily playing 35-40 min/game. Shooting 50% at the three, 91%ft and has played both the 3 and 4 positions for them. They play home games in Xiying, near Nanjing. She is loving her team and is particularly happy to have a team where many talented teammates can score, too, making it difficult for other teams to guard them. They play together well. China has been very welcoming to her!

Oh definitely. I've been keeping up with Ann for the entire WCBA season. The only thing I've been missing is pictures. Very Happy

GEF34

PostPosted: 11/08/08 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

saje1 wrote:
petrel wrote:

Glad to hear shes doing well in China Very Happy

LJ15

PostPosted: 11/08/08 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chasity Melvin played very well in China

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: