Board Junkies Forums

Storm @ Comets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
threefrom60

PostPosted: 06/28/05 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
hahahahahahaha!

Well, she did! Do you remember during multiple playoff games, she'd come down with a rebound, land on only the right foot, and just crumple to the ground in agony. One of those falls got her benched and she didn't stop cussing until AD put her back in the game.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 06/28/05 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight, you might want to change your avatar. I'm getting a crush on you.

not a good thing. Shocked

PostPosted: 06/28/05 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hate when you know your team is going to lose, but they just keep getting your hopes up, dragging the game out! However, I'm happy with a very close loss with LJ playing on 20 minutes and Izzy suspended.

Keegan

PostPosted: 06/28/05 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At least Suzy has one half of her game down pat.

Another close road loss and back to .500 we go...
threefrom60

PostPosted: 06/28/05 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If they'd quit calling so many fouls on her, Suzy's defense would be all right too. But I guess someone has to pick up all those extra foul calls laying around when Kamila left town.

threefrom60

PostPosted: 06/28/05 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dick Fain on the radio is saying it was a 'benching'. He asked, is she physically okay, and got a nod of the head. Can't confirm anything though, obviously.

atlasshrugs

PostPosted: 06/28/05 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did LJ get the ball down the stretch? Maybe that's why Seattle keeps losing these close games.

Keegan

PostPosted: 06/28/05 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

atlasshrugs wrote:
Did LJ get the ball down the stretch? Maybe that's why Seattle keeps losing these close games.

Well she wasn't even on down the stretch in this one.

I believe Suzy scored all of her points in the second half. Looks like Betty's shooting has resumed its vacation.
AAEmotion

PostPosted: 06/28/05 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yea, her shooting only popped back in to work to pick up its mail - headed straight back out to the Bahama's with LJ's game though.

PostPosted: 06/28/05 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Comets are in second place. I didn't realize this as a possibility. I wasn't paying any attention to their record.

Sheryl is truly in the running for her third MVP award.

bullsky

PostPosted: 06/28/05 10:32 pm    ::: Re: Storm @ Comets Reply Reply with quote

threefrom60 wrote:
Izzy is suspended for tonights game, for a 'closed fist punch' thrown at Abrosimova on Sunday. No foul was called on the play. I find it hard to believe, I know I'm biased but... Izzy? Throwing punches? We've got some fiesty girls on our team, a handful of them, but Izzy isn't one of them. JB has a sprained ankle, too, but she's gonna try and play. This could be a very short handed team tonight.

Does this mean Dave Locke cant get izzy with it tonight? Razz
I'm kind of shocked that Izzy would do that. She seems calm cool and collected.

threefrom60

PostPosted: 06/28/05 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From all accounts, it wasn't exactly a punch. As of earlier tonight, only the Storm coaches had had time to review the tape of the Minnesota game. From their perspective, Abrosimova was hanging on Izzy, and Izzy swiped at her to get her off of her. The hand she swiped at her was more closed than shut, and that makes it a punch. I don't think she hit her very hard, at least, compared to how brutally people get knocked around every game by everyone else.

Quick, someone call the league and get LJ suspended a game for breaking Birdy's face...

Interesting to think about. We all know coaches call the league office to complain about missed calls, bogus calls, dirty play, etc. AD made a joke last year at the open practice that she had Dee Canter's number on speed dial. What I'm wondering is, if the league is going to start going back and examining play that happened in games, specifically plays in which no action at all was taken at the time of the incident, are they going to consistantly do this? They're going to open up a whole new can of worms, because things regularly go on between players that the refs don't see. Usually this is after a turnover, when all the players and refs are running/looking down the court one way, and the last two players under the basket (usually post players) take a few extra shoves and digs at each other.

They wanna tag Izzy for this, I hope to see a few more suspensions this summer for some other players, too. Not to make assumptions, but this is a deeply spiritual, soft spoken, introspective woman we're talking about here. I cannot imagine a scenario in which she purposefully throws a vicious punch at someone. If this is their way of making an example out of someone, a few days after a game gets a little out of hand in WA, I'm very upset with that.

Sass

PostPosted: 06/28/05 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
pilight, you might want to change your avatar. I'm getting a crush on you.

not a good thing. Shocked

No doubt, that picture is driving me insane. Shocked

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
threefrom60

PostPosted: 06/28/05 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As reported on the Stormfans board, this is a piece from the Austin American Statesman newspaper:

Quote:
:Forward Lauren Jackson did not play most of the second half, finished with six points and took just four shots.

Visibly upset during postgame interviews, Jackson repeatedly said she didn't know why she was taken out of the game.

"I honestly have no idea, why," she added.

Coach Anne Donovan declined to comment on Jackson's status.

Keegan

PostPosted: 06/28/05 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmmmm...

I did comment before about LJ's lack of shots before she was taken out (probably unrelated to the benching).
Keegan

PostPosted: 06/28/05 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I like this botching of a name

http://www.statesman.com/metrostate/content/gen/ap/BKL_Storm_Comets.html

Quote:
Jackson gave the Storm an early 10-7 lead, but the Comets responded with a 9-3 run capped by a free throw from Atria Phillips.
SORF

PostPosted: 06/29/05 12:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I will put my two cents in about why LJ was benched...INEFFECTIVE PLAYING!

Keegan you were right, she took 4 shots in 21 minutes. Canty and Arcain were grabbing rebounds that LJ should have. The play that sent her to the bench was when LJ was alone under the Comets basket and Snow comes in from the right, under the basket and grabs the rebound while LJ stands there like a bump on a log!

She played with no effort and deserved to have her butt sat on the bench...I would have done the same if I were Big Sexy! The Comets wanted this game and went after it...Seattle just didn't show like they cared if they won it or not. Big Sexy had the players out there in the second half that seem like they wanted to win.

That said, some of the credit should go to the Comets. The Comets dominated the tempo of this game...and it was Comets basketball. The Comets played excellent defense for the full 40 minutes...the best of the season. They were more aggressive on the boards and out rebounded the Storm. Janeth stuck to Lennox like glue...best defense by Janeth yet this year. LJ had Snow and Tari boxing her out or out maneuvering her for rebounds; they also shut her down on her shooting. And, Canty finally clamped down on Bird after leaving her wide open at the beginning of the game, and Bird ended up whining all night long to the refs.

This was the best game played this year by the Comets...and that is why they won, and why AD sat some players on the bench. She was trying to find a unit that could play against the Comets tonight.
JMO

Keegan

PostPosted: 06/29/05 12:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Comets played their best basketball of the year and Seattle looked like they didn't care and yet the Comets only won by 4 at home?

I'll take your word for it but somehow I think you might be exaggerating a little bit.
sparkfan33

PostPosted: 06/29/05 12:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is all bull-xxxx either excuse is damaging: she is a potty mouth ho or she can't shoot.

Face it the Evil Empire lost,; becasue she didn't play very well; no matter what the rest of the team did.

threefrom60

PostPosted: 06/29/05 12:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Face it the Evil Empire lost,; becasue she didn't play very well

It's hard to play well FROM THE BENCH.

AAEmotion

PostPosted: 06/29/05 12:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dude, seriously - your hypocracy is incredible. You say that Seattle is the 'Evil Empire' because they bag other teams too much, yet here *you* are calling Lauren a 'ho'. Do you really believe the stuff that spurts through your finger tips to the computer screen, or do you just type it because it helps you sleep a little better at night?

Call her a potty mouth - thats fine - so what, she swears - so do I, so do 99% of people I know. Don't go around calling people a 'ho' when you have no idea. People like you, are the types of people who really put a dampener on things.

PostPosted: 06/29/05 1:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Comets have been inconsistant this year, but tonight they played well for the entire 40 minutes. Maybe we won by only 4 points, but that is an improvement over the last game when we led by double digits and lost by 10 points...right? Smile

Keegan

PostPosted: 06/29/05 1:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fair enough.

I think Seattle has been fairly consistent this year. Good at home and fairly crappy on the road and against L.A. Still in the volatile West, I can see five teams that have a shot at making the Finals.
sambista

PostPosted: 06/29/05 6:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Jackson, who had just blocked a shot by Comets center Michelle Snow, did something that got her benched, but Storm coach Anne Donovan refused to comment about it after the game.

After the media spoke with Donovan, they were allowed into the Storm locker room, where Jackson sat in a corner locker trying to quickly wipe away tears. She finished with six points, her second in a row and third overall this season in which she didn't reach double figures.

"I guess I got in trouble," Jackson said. "I honestly have no idea. The other girls, they really stepped up. Suzy and Simi and J.B. and the rest of the girls played a really, really hard game. But I really didn't expect it [to be benched]. I don't know what I did. I felt like I was more aggressive."

this is jayda evans, seattle times.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seattlestorm/2002351439_storm29.html

oooooooh, this is so intriguing. don't expect donovan to talk - scorpios are notoriously good at keeping secrets. and now lauren's gonna see the scary side of her coach.

PostPosted: 06/29/05 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

But do you think Lauren may eventually say what it was she did that got her benched? I'm not sure if she will or not, but I hope we at least hear something.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: