RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Possibility Of A WNBA Playoff Fantasy Game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Fantasy Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Musicman 55

PostPosted: 09/14/08 4:50 pm    ::: Possibility Of A WNBA Playoff Fantasy Game Reply Reply with quote

As several of you will recall, Rick Mraz and I offered a WNBA Playoff Fantasy Game on this website last season. And as far as I am aware, most of the Managers who participated actually enjoyed the Game. Rick did an outstanding job as Official Scorekeeper last season.

The purpose of this message is to determine if there are enough Managers willing to commit to participating for us to be able to offer a WNBA Playoff Fantasy Game again this year. I have asked Rick to again serve as the Official Scorekeeper. Someone of Rick's calibre will need to help in case he does not choose to accept the job again.

We will again award Efficiency Points for each Player selected plus 5 Points for each Winning Team picked. But since we want everyone who participates to actually enjoy the Game, we are allowing you to vote the rest of today (Sunday) and all day Monday until Midnight Eastern Time to determine the exact format for this year's Game.

Please post your choices here and indicate whether you would prefer to select 1 or 2 Players per Day as well as 1 or 2 Winning Teams per Day. If as many as 10 Managers have stated their preference by Midnight Monday night and if Rick or someone else has committed to being the Official Scorekeeper, I will post the Rules and the Thread for Thursday's Games overnight Monday night/Tuesday morning.

Thank you to everyone who votes and to all those who are interested in participating. If we do offer a WNBA Playoff Fantasy Game, we wish you Good Luck with your Selections and we hope that you will like the Game that the majority of the voters select.

Musicman 55

PostPosted: 09/15/08 12:12 am    ::: Re: Possibility Of A WNBA Playoff Fantasy Game Reply Reply with quote

Since we will be using RebKell's website if there is enough interest in the Fantasy Game, I will post all responses received here.

As many of you already know, quite a few of us are members of a WNBA Yahoo Group. Here is a message that Erika posted there.

"I would participate in whatever format ya'll choose.

Erika"

Thanks to Erika for her support.

Phil Zorn
Musicman55

Musicman 55

PostPosted: 09/15/08 12:18 am    ::: Re: Possibility Of A WNBA Playoff Fantasy Game Reply Reply with quote

And Sharon K is also a member of the WNBA Yahoo Group. Here is a message that Sharon posted there.

"Hey! As always I would love to participate! I vote for two players and two teams, but I'll play no matter what the outcome of the vote. Thanks for doing this - you guys are the best!

Sharon K."

I can't say I am really shocked that Sharon is interested. She is always really good at all of the WNBA Games. Thanks to Sharon too.

Phil Zorn
Musicman55

mabell3368

PostPosted: 09/15/08 1:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm in, with no preference as to the format.

PostPosted: 09/15/08 2:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

count me in

R.I.P Shara 1993-2009
R.I.P. Taylor Bradford
braveniler58

PostPosted: 09/15/08 3:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Count me in as well.

PostPosted: 09/15/08 2:10 pm    ::: Re: Possibility Of A WNBA Playoff Fantasy Game Reply Reply with quote

Nancy is another member of the WNBA Yahoo Group. Here is a message that Nancy posted there.

"Phil,

Count me in too. Both contest formats are good and I don't have a
preference, so I am good with whichever the group chooses.

Best wishes .. Nancy"

Nancy is one of our Group's best Fantasy Games Managers so we welcome her and thank her for her interest.

Phil Zorn
Musicman55

Musicman 55

PostPosted: 09/15/08 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Welcome back to both mabell and braveniler who were in the WNBA Playoff Fantasy Game last year. We are getting closer so please let some of your friends know if you think they might want to join us too.

Phil Zorn
Musicman55

Musicman 55

PostPosted: 09/15/08 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

memphis10 wrote:
count me in

Thanks to memphis10 for your interest in this year's Playoff Fantasy Game. Try to find us another Manager if you can. I hope that you will enjoy the Game if we have enough support to be able to offer it. Good Luck.

Phil Zorn
Musicman55

RM619

PostPosted: 09/15/08 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To those who played last year and any that may be joining for the first time, the scoring system is the same as pick one. pts+reb+assists. It does have a couple of differences. You can pick two players per day and one coach for a 5 pt bonus. The other factor is, you may use the same player as often as you wish. We only ask that you get your choices posted here prior to the tip off of the first game. I will be sending Phil the scores as quickly as possible. Most likely every two days. First game tip off is Thursday the 18th at 7 eastern time. Good luck to all that participate.

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/15/08 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm in. Why not?

(now with spelling variations)
RM619

PostPosted: 09/15/08 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One added change. I thought we used the PAR format last year, but Phil pointed out that the scoring system was Efficiency Points. Sorry for the confusion. At the present time, the vote is for two players and one coach. We'll need to finalize this by tomorrow so I can complete the spreadsheet.

Thanks

Musicman 55

PostPosted: 09/15/08 8:22 pm    ::: Re: Possibility Of A WNBA Playoff Fantasy Game Reply Reply with quote

Admiral Needa is another member of the WNBA Yahoo Group. Here is the message that Ryan posted there.

"Sounds good, count me in. Never tried that format but sounds interesting... Normally I don't do these playoff fantasy games, as I often find myself rooting against my own picks. I'd rather have my team win than make the right pick."

Yes this is the same Admiral Needa who is a former National Champion in both the ESPN and WNBA.com Fantasy Games. So as you can tell it won't be easy to win this Game. Thanks to Ryan for joining us.

Phil Zorn
Musicman55

Musicman 55

PostPosted: 09/15/08 8:41 pm    ::: Re: Possibility Of A WNBA Playoff Fantasy Game Reply Reply with quote

I am happy to announce that we have just reached the Magic Number of 10 Managers who have agreed to participate in this year's WNBA Playoff Fantasy Game.

Here are the Names I have for our first 10 Managers.

Erika
Sharon K
Mabell
Memphis
Braveniler
Nancy
Queenie
Admiral Needa
Rick
Phil

Since I had announced we would allow people to vote until Midnight, we won't announce the Rules and exact format for the Game until everyone has had a fair chance to vote.

Rick will be acting as Official Scorekeeper. He will act as Tiebreaker if necessary in case anyone else does vote since he will be most affected by how many Players and Teams he needs to keep up with.

So far it is unanimous for selecting 2 Players. And 1 Team is in the lead by only 1 vote. That is the exact format Rick chose so he will be completely satisfied if the vote stays as it is now.

Thanks to each of you for your interest. I will be back around 2:00 A.M. Eastern Time with the Rules for this year's Playoff Game. And then I will post the Daily Threads for the Games on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Please be certain to read the Rules before selecting your Players and Teams. I hope everyone will enjoy the Game. And we wish you Good Luck with your Selections.

Musicman 55

PostPosted: 09/15/08 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I'm in. Why not?

Queenie thanks a lot for joining us. You and Admiral Needa made it official that we will be offering a Playoff Fantasy Game here. Best of Luck with your Picks.

Phil Zorn
Musicman55

Musicman 55

PostPosted: 09/16/08 2:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The WNBA Playoff Fantasy Game is all set. Please be sure to read the Thread titled 2008 WNBA Playoff Fantasy Game Is Ready To Go. It explains the Official Rules.

We will be selecting 2 Players per Day plus 1 Team per Day. Players will earn Efficiency Points and each Winning Team will earn 5 Points. Please note that you may choose the same Player only twice in each of the Playoff Rounds.

Thanks to each of you for participating. Please let me know if you are willing to help with some of the recordkeeping or with posting some of the Statistics. Good Luck with your Selections.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Fantasy Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: