RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jersey_stupka



Joined: 25 Apr 2005
Posts: 3195
Location: Outer loop of the Capital Beltway heading towards the new National Zoo


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/12/08 8:36 pm    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
jersey_stupka wrote:
caune wrote:
jersey_stupka wrote:


It's a sexist remark. when was the last time the candidates discussed looks?
:


what's with all the republican she's so hot talk..not sexist if it comes from your own party???


who are you referring to?

Rush has been calling her a "babe" for months..oh and this that was all over the repub convention Shocked



Double standard much Rolling Eyes


I'd agree this is sexist. No one said anything that either side didn't have elements of sexism, but let's keep on topic. Joe Biden speaking gaffes. You and an unnamed other of your persuasion keep getting off track.



_________________
Break out da booze...is New Yawk...
caune



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17919
Location: Valley of the Bun


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/12/08 8:38 pm    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

jersey_stupka wrote:
caune wrote:
jersey_stupka wrote:
caune wrote:
jersey_stupka wrote:


It's a sexist remark. when was the last time the candidates discussed looks?
:


what's with all the republican she's so hot talk..not sexist if it comes from your own party???


who are you referring to?

Rush has been calling her a "babe" for months..oh and this that was all over the repub convention Shocked



Double standard much Rolling Eyes


I'd agree this is sexist. No one said anything that either side didn't have elements of sexism, but let's keep on topic. Joe Biden speaking gaffes. You and an unnamed other of your persuasion keep getting off track.


kinda hard not to bring up other things when discussing...or is this just a thread where you list all the gaffes and we are just supposed to read them Shocked



_________________
Because there is only one Diana Taurasi.
@Phoenix Mercury
jersey_stupka



Joined: 25 Apr 2005
Posts: 3195
Location: Outer loop of the Capital Beltway heading towards the new National Zoo


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/12/08 8:44 pm    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
jersey_stupka wrote:
caune wrote:
jersey_stupka wrote:
caune wrote:
jersey_stupka wrote:


It's a sexist remark. when was the last time the candidates discussed looks?
:


what's with all the republican she's so hot talk..not sexist if it comes from your own party???


who are you referring to?

Rush has been calling her a "babe" for months..oh and this that was all over the repub convention Shocked



Double standard much Rolling Eyes


I'd agree this is sexist. No one said anything that either side didn't have elements of sexism, but let's keep on topic. Joe Biden speaking gaffes. You and an unnamed other of your persuasion keep getting off track.


kinda hard not to bring up other things when discussing...or is this just a thread where you list all the gaffes and we are just supposed to read them Shocked




ok, you are allowed to dissent. but only you.



_________________
Break out da booze...is New Yawk...
TigerVol



Joined: 16 Jul 2008
Posts: 2105
Location: ATL


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/12/08 11:12 pm    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Rush has been calling her a "babe" for months..oh and this pin that was all over the repub convention Shocked


I think I just threw up a little in...nope a LOT all over the place -- YUCK -- do not EVER mix anything remotely connected to Sex with Rush.

Now I have that smarmy voice in my head using the word "babe". Mad



_________________
"Never put an age limit on your dreams" - Dara Torres 2008
mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 18521



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/13/08 12:27 am    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:

Rush has been calling her a "babe" for months..oh and this pin that was all over the repub convention Shocked


Double standard much Rolling Eyes


That poor woman...

I don't like her, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone..



_________________
“Anyone point out that a Donald Trump anagram is ‘Lord Dampnut’”- Colin Mochrie
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 19573



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/13/08 12:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
caune wrote:

Rush has been calling her a "babe" for months..oh and this pin that was all over the repub convention Shocked


Double standard much Rolling Eyes


That poor woman...

I don't like her, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone..

Yeah, it must be rather bittersweet when even your own supporters don't respect you Confused



_________________
Is there gas in the car?
Yes there's gas in the car.
mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 18521



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/13/08 12:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
caune wrote:

Rush has been calling her a "babe" for months..oh and this pin that was all over the repub convention Shocked


Double standard much Rolling Eyes


That poor woman...

I don't like her, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone..

Yeah, it must be rather bittersweet when even your own supporters don't respect you Confused


well, that and it must be rather disturbing when Rush has got the hots for you.. Wink



_________________
“Anyone point out that a Donald Trump anagram is ‘Lord Dampnut’”- Colin Mochrie
jersey_stupka



Joined: 25 Apr 2005
Posts: 3195
Location: Outer loop of the Capital Beltway heading towards the new National Zoo


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/13/08 7:18 am    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

In Fort Myers, Fla., last week, he referred to the Biden administration, before quickly correcting himself to say the Obama-Biden administration.

Believe me, that wasnt a Freudian slip, he said, laughing and crossing himself. Oh Lordy day, I tell ya.




_________________
Break out da booze...is New Yawk...
Lurker_12



Joined: 11 May 2006
Posts: 941
Location: Almost Heaven


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/13/08 7:24 am    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

jersey_stupka wrote:
In Fort Myers, Fla., last week, he referred to the Biden administration, before quickly correcting himself to say the Obama-Biden administration.

Believe me, that wasnt a Freudian slip, he said, laughing and crossing himself. Oh Lordy day, I tell ya.




Heard that FIRST here.... Laughing Laughing



_________________
Miss those Bee's

Well behaved women seldom make history...

Eer's & Hoo's & Huskies & me Libbie's !
thesixthwoman



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 6296
Location: NYC


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/13/08 2:44 pm    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

jersey_stupka wrote:
In Fort Myers, Fla., last week, he referred to the Biden administration, before quickly correcting himself to say the Obama-Biden administration.
Believe me, that wasnt a Freudian slip, he said, laughing and crossing himself. Oh Lordy day, I tell ya.


This criticism is ridiculous. So he misspoke. big deal !?! move along ... nothing to see here.


jersey_stupka



Joined: 25 Apr 2005
Posts: 3195
Location: Outer loop of the Capital Beltway heading towards the new National Zoo


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/18/08 7:01 am    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

Moving along here...gaffes bolded, too many to count. Is there a CATS AGAINST BIDEN thread here?

Biden Scolds McCain, Bush On Economy

(MAUMEE, OHIO) - Joe Biden continued to hit hard on John McCain over issues relating the economy this morning, saying his economic philosophy is bankrupt along with Lehman Brothers.

Biden blamed cuts in regulations and oversight by the Bush administration for the tumbling of Wall Street numbers, insisting it was the fault of a conservative economic policies.

Biden told the crowd that this was not their fathers Republican party, saying, This is a different group of cats out there, from Bush to McCain.

Who are these people? Where do they come from? What possible right do they have to say to anybody, particularly us, that they know how to manage our money and manage the economy?


Speaking at a rally on a small downtown street, Biden chided McCain, the president, and a Republican controlled congress for the majority of the last eight years for their reaction to market drop.

All of a sudden it's 'My goodness, there's greed on Wall Street! My goodness, we need common sense regulation. My goodness! mocked Biden.

Folks, if John McCain admitted the truth, the truth of what's going on, if he admitted what has happened here, he'd be forced to stop doing the same things over and over again."

Biden had a message for corporate financial institutions who are now hoping for a bailout from the federal government.

If we're gonna bail you out, if we give you an opportunity, if we give corporations the inside track, then you better damn well open your books to us and let us see exactly what you have, Biden demanded.


We better know exactly what's going on, that's transparency, if you don't want our money keep your books closed. You want our money to bail you out, then you better let us know what you're doing and what you own.

Biden scolded Republicans for measures he says favor trusting big business to go with less transparency.

How many of you trust the health insurance industry to take care of your needs on their own? Raise your hands. I got one person [who] raised their hand. I got also a bridge I got to sell you here and guess what, it's in Alaska and it goes to nowhere."

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/09/17/politics/fromtheroad/entry4455198.shtml



_________________
Break out da booze...is New Yawk...
thesixthwoman



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 6296
Location: NYC


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/18/08 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How are these gaffes? Seriously...

I agree with everything he's saying, but more importantly -- these aren't "gaffes."

Asking the guy in the wheelchair to stand up -- THAT'S a gaffe.


sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16621
Location: way station of life


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/18/08 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

equal time interval:

Accompanying McCain in Cedar Rapids was his running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, who drew some of the event's biggest cheers with her stump remarks even though she fumbled a bit at the start when she referred to ''Grand Rapids.''



_________________
no justice, no peace.
StevenHW



Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 10435
Location: Sacramento, California


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/18/08 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lurker_12 wrote:
...With his history of gaffes...this could turn into a long thread... Wink


This may be long before your time, but Joe Biden has indeed made lots of speaking gaffes, as far back as the late 1980's!

I remember when he was actually running for the Democratic nomination of President in 1988, he was taken to task for plagiarizing a speech from a British politician named Neil Kinnock, almost word-for-word. Shocked

More recently, Biden, when he was still candidate for the nomination in this election season, referred to Obama as being "bright and clean".

From the website, "The Skeleton Closet":
http://www.realchange.org/biden.htm


Lurker_12



Joined: 11 May 2006
Posts: 941
Location: Almost Heaven


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/18/08 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
Lurker_12 wrote:
...With his history of gaffes...this could turn into a long thread... Wink


This may be long before your time, but Joe Biden has indeed made lots of speaking gaffes, as far back as the late 1980's!

I remember when he was actually running for the Democratic nomination of President in 1988, he was taken to task for plagiarizing a speech from a British politician named Neil Kinnock, almost word-for-word. Shocked

More recently, Biden, when he was still candidate for the nomination in this election season, referred to Obama as being "bright and clean".

From the website, "The Skeleton Closet":
http://www.realchange.org/biden.htm



I wish it was before my time... Smile I remember that speech stealing deal, ...thanks for the link, there's some over interesting stuff on there as well



_________________
Miss those Bee's

Well behaved women seldom make history...

Eer's & Hoo's & Huskies & me Libbie's !
jersey_stupka



Joined: 25 Apr 2005
Posts: 3195
Location: Outer loop of the Capital Beltway heading towards the new National Zoo


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/18/08 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

say it ain't so joe....

Another day, another Joe Biden mistake (or was it intentional?). First Read reports that Biden today demoted Sarah Palin from Alaska's Governor to Lt. Governor:

Campaigning in Virginia today, Biden accidentally demoted Palin from governor to lieutenant governor.

"And the other thing I heard, I heard a very -- by the way, I mean this sincerely -- a very strong and a very good political speech from a lieutenant governor of Alaska, who I think is going to be very formidable, very formidable... But I was equally impressed by what I didnt hear, what I didnt hear in the speech."


http://blogsforjohnmccain.com/category/tags/biden-gaffes



_________________
Break out da booze...is New Yawk...
jersey_stupka



Joined: 25 Apr 2005
Posts: 3195
Location: Outer loop of the Capital Beltway heading towards the new National Zoo


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/18/08 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

idiotic, really not a gaffe, but it has to be posted somewheres...

Biden: Paying higher taxes is patriotic

"We want to take money and put it back in the pocket of middle-class people," Biden said in an interview on ABC's "Good Morning America."

Noting that wealthier Americans would indeed pay more, Biden said: "It's time to be patriotic ... time to jump in, time to be part of the deal, time to help get America out of the rut."

Joe Biden has given us a perfect illustration of how liberals see your money - not just cash you will be sending to the IRS but ALL of your hard earned dollars

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2008/09/biden_paying_higher_taxes_is_p.html



_________________
Break out da booze...is New Yawk...
CRASH



Joined: 26 Apr 2005
Posts: 2704
Location: Cali


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/18/08 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey jersey;

Didn't he say something on GMA the other day about,
putting "toasters in every one's homes"?

I found that funny as hell!!!!!!
If I went by the ole' lesbian joke...
I could give every one I know one for Christmas!


Joe is a smart guy, how does he keep doing this shit?
no wounder they put Hillary with him.
hahahaha



_________________
Ticha, K-Law, DeMya, Bekky and Yo
Forever Monarchs
KeiraNY



Joined: 19 Nov 2004
Posts: 12683
Location: New York, NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/19/08 12:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't hear him say that on GMA and believe me, I would know...Robin Roberts intro'ed the intv (and I'm a HUGE GMA fan)!! Wink






[quote="CRASH"]Hey jersey;

Didn't he say something on GMA the other day about,
putting "toasters in every one's homes"?



_________________
Since this "FUCK this 'signature is too long' bullshit!!!" is no longer applicable, I'm gonna have to get creative - just not right now. Oh, GO LIBERTY!!!! Wink
KeiraNY



Joined: 19 Nov 2004
Posts: 12683
Location: New York, NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/19/08 12:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At the risk of being COMPLETELY un-PC, this made me laugh so hard! LOL!!






thesixthwoman wrote:


Asking the guy in the wheelchair to stand up -- THAT'S a gaffe.



_________________
Since this "FUCK this 'signature is too long' bullshit!!!" is no longer applicable, I'm gonna have to get creative - just not right now. Oh, GO LIBERTY!!!! Wink
jersey_stupka



Joined: 25 Apr 2005
Posts: 3195
Location: Outer loop of the Capital Beltway heading towards the new National Zoo


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/19/08 7:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lurker_12 wrote:
StevenHW wrote:
Lurker_12 wrote:
...With his history of gaffes...this could turn into a long thread... Wink


This may be long before your time, but Joe Biden has indeed made lots of speaking gaffes, as far back as the late 1980's!

I remember when he was actually running for the Democratic nomination of President in 1988, he was taken to task for plagiarizing a speech from a British politician named Neil Kinnock, almost word-for-word. Shocked

More recently, Biden, when he was still candidate for the nomination in this election season, referred to Obama as being "bright and clean".

From the website, "The Skeleton Closet":
http://www.realchange.org/biden.htm



I wish it was before my time... Smile I remember that speech stealing deal, ...thanks for the link, there's some over interesting stuff on there as well


Hey! the 1980s were awesome!!! Laughing
I, too, remember. And then there were the Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings that Biden presided over. Hella, he's been running for president for decades.



_________________
Break out da booze...is New Yawk...
Barrister15



Joined: 09 Mar 2005
Posts: 4268
Location: New York, NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/19/08 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Biden in Hot Water With Some Ohioans

Quote:
Speaking to members of the University of Delaware football team Friday morning, the Democratic VP candidate said he thinks the Fightin Blue Hens (1-1 this season) could thrash a certain team from Ohio.

"I was out in Ohio," he said while fiddling with a football in his hands. "I told the folks in Ohio that we'd kick Ohio State's ass!"


Quote:
"As if his comments about it being a patriotic duty for Ohioans to pay higher taxes weren't bad enough, now Biden is taking pot shots at the Buckeyes," GOP State chair Bob Bennett said. "Barack Obama and Joe Biden must really think they can win this election without Ohio, because they're doing their best to lose it with stupid comments like these. Keep talking, Joe."

David Wade, a spokesman for Biden said, I think this episode explains exactly why well win Ohio: Joe Biden is loyal to his home team, and John McCain is loyal to President Bush."


Um, nice try Mr. Wade. I know the talking points insist you link McCain and Bush every chance you get, but that's quite the non sequitur you've got there. Rolling Eyes


thesixthwoman



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 6296
Location: NYC


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/19/08 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Barrister15 wrote:
Biden in Hot Water With Some Ohioans
Quote:
Speaking to members of the University of Delaware football team Friday morning, the Democratic VP candidate said he thinks the Fightin Blue Hens (1-1 this season) could thrash a certain team from Ohio.
"I was out in Ohio," he said while fiddling with a football in his hands. "I told the folks in Ohio that we'd kick Ohio State's ass!"


Quote:
"As if his comments about it being a patriotic duty for Ohioans to pay higher taxes weren't bad enough, now Biden is taking pot shots at the Buckeyes," GOP State chair Bob Bennett said. "Barack Obama and Joe Biden must really think they can win this election without Ohio, because they're doing their best to lose it with stupid comments like these. Keep talking, Joe."
David Wade, a spokesman for Biden said, I think this episode explains exactly why well win Ohio: Joe Biden is loyal to his home team, and John McCain is loyal to President Bush."

Um, nice try Mr. Wade. I know the talking points insist you link McCain and Bush every chance you get, but that's quite the non sequitur you've got there. Rolling Eyes


And if Biden had said something like, "Hey, those Buckeyes are really good - I don't know how you can beat the #1 team in the country ... " to the Delaware team, THAT would be a gaffe too, because he wouldn't be rooting for his home team -- Right?

Please. Rolling Eyes


KeiraNY



Joined: 19 Nov 2004
Posts: 12683
Location: New York, NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/19/08 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok what's next? Obama cuses in front of 5th graders? Biden kicks a mule?

Isn't this called 'trash talking'?? We do it all the time around here...





[quote="Barrister15"]Biden in Hot Water With Some Ohioans

Quote:
Speaking to members of the University of Delaware football team Friday morning, the Democratic VP candidate said he thinks the Fightin Blue Hens (1-1 this season) could thrash a certain team from Ohio.

"I was out in Ohio," he said while fiddling with a football in his hands. "I told the folks in Ohio that we'd kick Ohio State's ass!"


Quote:
"As if his comments about it being a patriotic duty for Ohioans to pay higher taxes weren't bad enough, now Biden is taking pot shots at the Buckeyes," GOP State chair Bob Bennett said. "Barack Obama and Joe Biden must really think they can win this election without Ohio, because they're doing their best to lose it with stupid comments like these. Keep talking, Joe."

David Wade, a spokesman for Biden said, I think this episode explains exactly why well win Ohio: Joe Biden is loyal to his home team, and John McCain is loyal to President Bush."



_________________
Since this "FUCK this 'signature is too long' bullshit!!!" is no longer applicable, I'm gonna have to get creative - just not right now. Oh, GO LIBERTY!!!! Wink
Barrister15



Joined: 09 Mar 2005
Posts: 4268
Location: New York, NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/19/08 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:
And if Biden had said something like, "Hey, those Buckeyes are really good - I don't know how you can beat the #1 team in the country ... " to the Delaware team, THAT would be a gaffe too, because he wouldn't be rooting for his home team -- Right?

Please. Rolling Eyes


Here's a novel idea, one can give a pep talk without trash talking another team. I know it's a difficult concept for some of you Obama folks to comprehend, but it is, indeed, possible.

And um, Delaware and Ohio don't actually play each other. He was just trashing Ohio for the sake of trashing them. Rolling Eyes


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin