RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 09/07/21 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:
Quote:
The members of Congress know from their colleagues in Congress that looks like a tornado, they don’t call them that anymore, that hit the crops and wetlands in the middle of the country in Iowa and Nevada.

Yes, the well known Nevada wetlands in the middle of the country that are so often threatened by tornadoes (or whatever they're being called these days)

Laughing He is so gottdamm precious! Cool

I think that I'm ok with a gaffe every now and then vs. the mean, hateful words that more frequently came out of the previous occupier of the WH.

We should aim higher than either of these geezers

PostPosted: 09/07/21 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:
Quote:
The members of Congress know from their colleagues in Congress that looks like a tornado, they don’t call them that anymore, that hit the crops and wetlands in the middle of the country in Iowa and Nevada.

Yes, the well known Nevada wetlands in the middle of the country that are so often threatened by tornadoes (or whatever they're being called these days)

I think that I'm ok with a gaffe every now and then vs. the mean, hateful words that more frequently came out of the previous occupier of the WH.

Soooooooo much higher!

PostPosted: 09/07/21 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:
Quote:

"Mean" and "hateful"?? Certainly we can do better than that..... what about all of the arrogant, lying, divisive, misogynistic, disgusting, derogatory, demeaning, egocentric, caustic, defamatory, derisive, bullshitty words that flowed out of the mouth of 45. Confused

I didn't have much time. Thanks for finishing it for me. Wink

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 09/07/21 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:
Quote:

We can aim higher all we want. As long as this is all that we have to choose from, this is all that we'll get. And the system has been arranged by those in power to keep that power. The only thing that changes is the R or D after their name.

It scares me what it would take to for a change to occur. Maybe as much as it scares me the direction that we're in now.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
pilight

PostPosted: 11/23/21 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Joe Biden appeared to have a Ron Burgundy moment Tuesday after reciting “end of quote” off the teleprompter during his address on gas prices.

PostPosted: 11/26/21 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Joe Biden appeared to have a Ron Burgundy moment Tuesday after reciting “end of quote” off the teleprompter during his address on gas prices.

Of course, that isn't true.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-did-joe-biden-accidentally-read-teleprompter-instruction-during-speech-1652916

Quote:
In the speech, the president references his meeting with Walmart CEO Doug McMillon, whom he then cites.

"'And, by the way, you may have heard the CEO of Walmart yesterday on the steps we've taken. He said, and I quote, 'The combination of private enterprise and government working together has been really successful.'"

The president continued, "He went on to say, 'All the way through the supply chain, there's...a lot of innovation.' Because of the actions we've taken, things have begun to change. End of quote."

It's almost like right-wingers continually lie about things and, for some reason, people continually fall for it.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/28/22 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

'Where's Jackie?' Biden seeks lawmaker Walorski who died in August

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/wheres-jackie-biden-seeks-lawmaker-walorski-who-died-august-2022-09-28/

Quote:
Biden thanked other conference organizers, then asked: "Jackie are you here? Where's Jackie?"

Walorski, a Republican, was one of four Congressional co-sponsors of the bill to fund the conference. She was killed with two staffers in early August.

PostPosted: 10/07/22 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11292771/Let-start-two-words-America-Bidens-economy-speech-gets-rocky-start.html

Quote:
'Let me start off with two words: made in America,' Biden intoned at an event at the Volvo Group Powertrain facility in Hagerstown.

PostPosted: 10/13/22 1:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"I say this as a father of a man and won the Bronze Star, the conspicuous service medal, and lost his life in Iraq"

Presumably he's referring to Beau Biden, who died in Bethesda, Maryland in 2015, six years after returning from Iraq

PostPosted: 10/13/22 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You are really starting to look more than a wee bit obsessed.

PostPosted: 10/13/22 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:

Only because everyone else around here is perfectly happy to look the other way as long as their team is in office

PostPosted: 10/13/22 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
scullyfu wrote:

Only because everyone else around here is perfectly happy to look the other way as long as their team is in office

In the meantime, we’re in the fight of a lifetime for our country from 45 & his Insurrectionist cronies; makes your obsession seem rather pathetic. But you go ahead & do you.

PostPosted: 10/13/22 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
pilight wrote:
scullyfu wrote:

In the meantime, we’re in the fight of a lifetime for our country from 45 & his Insurrectionist cronies; makes your obsession seem rather pathetic. But you go ahead & do you.

You better hope Biden doesn't run again. He'll lose Battle of the Dotards II.

PostPosted: 10/13/22 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
scullyfu wrote:

Bullshit.

"Everyone" else around here" (false) is perfectly happy to 'look the other way' is NOT just cuz 'our team' is in office: It's cuz - EVEN WITH SPEAKING GAFFES THAT AMOUNT TO DIDDLYSQUAT - Joseph Biden is light years ahead of The Orange Turd in eloquence and decency and honesty and presidential presence. THAT'S why I don't give a flip about his 'gaffes'.

If, in 2020, Biden was the Republican and Trumphole was the Democrat, I'd have switched parties instantly to vote Republican. And, after 4 years (and counting) of Trump's CONSTANT lies and bullshittery, that you should find joy or humor or whatever in pointing out Biden's inconsequential 'gaffes' is far more telling about you than it is about flaws in Joe speeches.

PostPosted: 10/13/22 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's no joy or humor in it at all. This worn out old man has no business being in a position of power. The other guy being worse doesn't change that.

PostPosted: 10/13/22 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
There's no joy or humor in it at all. This worn out old man has no business being in a position of power. The other guy being worse doesn't change that.

"The other guy" being purely evil changes everything, when it's a binary choice. There WERE NO BETTER OPTIONS. With only those 2 to choose from, it's a no-brainer. And frankly, 'worn-out' is relative. I personally think his experience and knowledge base is superior to many who may be decades younger.

That said, I REALLY hope there's a better option in 2 years - I hope he doesn't continue on, but for now.....he's what we have and I thank The Highest Powers for that, considering "The Other Option".

PostPosted: 11/06/22 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:

"The other guy" being purely evil changes everything, when it's a binary choice. There WERE NO BETTER OPTIONS. With only those 2 to choose from, it's a no-brainer. And frankly, 'worn-out' is relative. I personally think his experience and knowledge base is superior to many who may be decades younger.

That said, I REALLY hope there's a better option in 2 years - I hope he doesn't continue on, but for now.....he's what we have and I thank The Highest Powers for that, considering "The Other Option".

Can you give some examples of Trump being "purely evil"?

In Biden's case he dressed down Weapons Inspector Scott Ritter in Congress and said that it wasn't his call that Iraq didn't have WMDs and we shouldn't invade. Biden testily said that it was those who make the big bucks and get driven around in limousines who make decisions like that. And then Biden led the Democrats into the Iraq war crimes.

tfan

PostPosted: 11/06/22 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:
scullyfu wrote:

Bullshit.

"Everyone" else around here" (false) is perfectly happy to 'look the other way' is NOT just cuz 'our team' is in office: It's cuz - EVEN WITH SPEAKING GAFFES THAT AMOUNT TO DIDDLYSQUAT - Joseph Biden is light years ahead of The Orange Turd in eloquence and decency and honesty and presidential presence. THAT'S why I don't give a flip about his 'gaffes'.

If, in 2020, Biden was the Republican and Trumphole was the Democrat, I'd have switched parties instantly to vote Republican. And, after 4 years (and counting) of Trump's CONSTANT lies and bullshittery, that you should find joy or humor or whatever in pointing out Biden's inconsequential 'gaffes' is far more telling about you than it is about flaws in Joe speeches.

Biden has been in office for a long time. What does he stand for - what fight has Joe Biden led over the years that shows his decency? All politicians lie, and Biden is at the top. He had to drop out of the 1988 race for lying. He based his campaign in 2020 on a lie. He recently said his son died in Iraq. He claimed that he had never talked to Hunter Biden about stuff he did overseas.

tfan

PostPosted: 11/06/22 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
scullyfu wrote:
pilight wrote:
scullyfu wrote:

I don't think Trump would beat Biden unless Biden is obviously mentally impaired at the key moments - the debates. And that might happen as I saw a clip of Biden campaigning in Pennsylvania and he didn't sound good. The words were not being articulated right. But barring that, I think Trump would get less votes now as he hasn't done anything to gain votes - the same number of people hate him - and he lost a certain amount of people that voted for him by his constant talk of a stolen election and then the January 6th riot.

tfan

PostPosted: 11/06/22 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
pilight wrote:
scullyfu wrote:

What do you think is in the cards if you lose that fight?

Howee

PostPosted: 11/06/22 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Can you give some examples of Trump being "purely evil"?

Not being able to decide whether to begin with newest or oldest, here is a random *sampling*:

1. KNEW he lost the election, yet still stood with unscrupulous advisors (Bannon, Meadows, Eastman, et. al.) TO PERPETRATE THE 'BIG LIE', which clearly was designed to foment discontent and division. When your intent is to divide millions of people into factions fueled by hatred, you ARE EVIL.

2. When you've been clearly and abundantly advised that The Virus is coming with a vengeance, AND you're informed of its deadliness, AND you still choose to skirt the truth cuz it'll hurt your image, you ARE EVIL.

3. When you're screwing various women while your wife is pregnant, you ARE EVIL.

4. When - as leader of American Democracy - you refuse to clearly and unequivocally refute the evil deeds of the white supremacy movement, you ARE EVIL.

Etcetera.

tfan wrote:
In Biden's case he dressed down Weapons Inspector Scott Ritter in Congress and said that it wasn't his call that Iraq didn't have WMDs and we shouldn't invade. Biden testily said that it was those who make the big bucks and get driven around in limousines who make decisions like that. And then Biden led the Democrats into the Iraq war crimes.

This is despicable on 2 counts: The Lie and the disaster it led to, AND the fact that he was supportive of a Republican shit stunt like this. HIGHLY mistaken 'bipartisanship'. I have never thought for one minute that Biden wasn't a part of the Military Industrial Complex.

Moreover, I have never forgiven him for derailing Anita Hill instead of Clarence ThomASS. That may be his most egregious deed.

Yet. In 2024, if they were our 2 choices, I'd gladly vote for Biden again.

[Notice: as a die-hard Democrat, I can actually articulate those things about *my* choice of President. I am happy to acknowledge his flaws, unlike Repugs who INSIST Trump is the Second Coming of Christ, incapable of flaws Laughing ]

PostPosted: 11/06/22 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:
scullyfu wrote:
pilight wrote:
scullyfu wrote:

I don't think Trump would beat Biden unless Biden is obviously mentally impaired at the key moments - the debates. And that might happen as I saw a clip of Biden campaigning in Pennsylvania and he didn't sound good. The words were not being articulated right. But barring that, I think Trump would get less votes now as he hasn't done anything to gain votes - the same number of people hate him - and he lost a certain amount of people that voted for him by his constant talk of a stolen election and then the January 6th riot.

Repubs seem to be ducking out of debates at a high rate. The dude that wants to take Jackie Walorski's seat didn't participate in one that the D & L candidates showed up for.

And Trump has already ducked a debate. I don't see him participating again.

scullyfu

PostPosted: 11/07/22 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
scullyfu wrote:
pilight wrote:
scullyfu wrote:

Well, for starters, any repuQ led legislatures, including their Sec. Of State, if their candidate loses, simply declare problems with the election & then they get to decide the winner. That is truly stealing the election, if you live in such a state your vote will be discounted. That totally goes against the one person, one vote history of our country. The mechanisms are already in place.

Don’t you find that alarming?

PostPosted: 11/07/22 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
tfan wrote:
scullyfu wrote:
pilight wrote:
scullyfu wrote:

Well, for starters, any repuQ led legislatures, including their Sec. Of State, if their candidate loses, simply declare problems with the election & then they get to decide the winner. That is truly stealing the election, if you live in such a state your vote will be discounted. That totally goes against the one person, one vote history of our country. The mechanisms are already in place.

Don’t you find that alarming?

The IN Sec. of State candidate has been FIRED TWICE from his job in the Sec. of State's office for poor performance. And he has sexual misconduct claims against him. And he's expected to win from what I hear. Only in Indiana!!!!!!

Commercial I saw yesterday laid all of this out and then ended with Trump saying "You're FIRED!"

Pretty funny until you think that he'll probably win!

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/07/22 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

I agree with this analysis.

The Republicans' 2024 problem is that Trump's hardcore base is strong enough to power him past anyone else for the Republican nomination, but not strong enough to beat a non-corpse Biden, who will be increasingly propped up, cleaned up and backed up by his handlers and almost all social and traditional media. The Republicans' best hope for a presidential win is for Trump to swallow his ego, pride, thirst for revenge and ambition, and to voluntarily withdraw from the Republican primary. Who will bet on that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: