RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 12160
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/01/19 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
I made no qualification as to whether or not he is racist. I stated his statement was racist as fuck. And it is.


Okay. But....is it possible for statements that ARE racist to come from anything other than racists? Shocked

Quote:
"So look, it goes back to what you start off with, what you're dealing with."

THIS part of his quote is, to me, the most indicative of ignorance.

And--again--how would YOU have constructed a response to that Elephant-In-The-Room question in a way that did not invoke racial inequity?



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7855
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/01/19 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

And--again--how would YOU have constructed a response to that Elephant-In-The-Room question in a way that did not invoke racial inequity?


"We have failed our urban youth in this country when it comes to education. We don't give them and their families the resources and support that they need to thrive. Add in the years and years of systematic racism that our minority students have had to face, Washington DC faces challenges that Iowa just does not have. This is why it is essential that we work tirelessly to close the education gap, to give all our students everything they need to succeed, no matter where they live, how rich or how poor, or the color of their skin."

Schools failing minorities vs. minorities failing schools.



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14927
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/01/19 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Howee wrote:

And--again--how would YOU have constructed a response to that Elephant-In-The-Room question in a way that did not invoke racial inequity?


"We have failed our urban youth in this country when it comes to education. We don't give them and their families the resources and support that they need to thrive. Add in the years and years of systematic racism that our minority students have had to face, Washington DC faces challenges that Iowa just does not have. This is why it is essential that we work tirelessly to close the education gap, to give all our students everything they need to succeed, no matter where they live, how rich or how poor, or the color of their skin."

Schools failing minorities vs. minorities failing schools.


Seriously. It is not that hard.

If you can answer a question about education quality without saying "Well, they don't have as many black kids there ... " how can you possibly think you can handle this campaign?


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 12160
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/01/19 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Howee wrote:

And--again--how would YOU have constructed a response to that Elephant-In-The-Room question in a way that did not invoke racial inequity?


"We have failed our urban youth in this country when it comes to education. We don't give them and their families the resources and support that they need to thrive. Add in the years and years of systematic racism that our minority students have had to face, Washington DC faces challenges that Iowa just does not have. This is why it is essential that we work tirelessly to close the education gap, to give all our students everything they need to succeed, no matter where they live, how rich or how poor, or the color of their skin."

Schools failing minorities vs. minorities failing schools.


I hereby appoint you Biden's speechwriter. Cool

PUmatty wrote:
Seriously. It is not that hard.

If you can answer a question about education quality without saying "Well, they don't have as many black kids there ... " how can you possibly think you can handle this campaign?


True enough.

Mind you, I am NOT Biden's biggest fan, or anything like that. I am a bit disturbed by the mentality that he might be The Best Choice To Beat Trump, probably driven by his association with our last humanly decent administration--just an indicator of how low we've allowed our Bar of Quality to fall.



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59819
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/01/19 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Biden has zero chance of beating Trump



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 12160
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/03/19 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Biden has zero chance of beating Trump


Well, there are those that disagree Shocked



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59819
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/05/19 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/biden-s-long-evolution-abortion-rights-still-holds-surprises-n1013846

Quote:
his presidential campaign confirmed to NBC News that Biden still supports the Hyde Amendment, a four-decade-old ban on using federal funds for abortion services, except in cases of rape, incest or to save the life of the woman.



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 18566



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/06/19 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/biden-s-long-evolution-abortion-rights-still-holds-surprises-n1013846

Quote:
his presidential campaign confirmed to NBC News that Biden still supports the Hyde Amendment, a four-decade-old ban on using federal funds for abortion services, except in cases of rape, incest or to save the life of the woman.


That’s not a gaffe.

Certain candidates need to stop trying to woo Trump voters to the detriment of actual Democrats.



_________________
“Anyone point out that a Donald Trump anagram is ‘Lord Dampnut’”- Colin Mochrie
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7485



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/06/19 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Hey Joe, why do schools in Iowa perform better than those in DC?

"There's less than one percent of the population of Iowa that is African American. There is probably less than four of five percent that are minorities. What is in Washington? So look, it goes back to what you start off with, what you're dealing with."


What is the context for this quote?


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7485



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/06/19 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
tfan wrote:
I don't see how Trump flattering Putin or Kim relates to me criticizing Biden. The biblical thing about "not casting the first stone" would be applicable if I had called a war criminal a decent man, like Biden did. I have never called a war criminal a decent man.


Laughing
Very simple: IF you find Biden worthy of your aspersions re: his calling Cheney a decent man, AND it's in the context of criticizing a presidential rival to Trump, then give Fair Credit to Trump for doing far more egregious things, i.e., praising Kim Jong Un, Putin, White Supremacists, etc.


Why is it far more egregious to praise Putin or Kim Jong Un (who we want to act in ways we prefer) than call Cheney a 'decent man' (and was not even a decent man before the Iraq war)? (Biden may have done so in order to pick up some Republican votes) Cheney has a big lead in deaths and destruction.

Trump never praised white supremacists.

“I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally”

#CharlottesvilleHoax


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 12160
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/06/19 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Howee wrote:
tfan wrote:
I don't see how Trump flattering Putin or Kim relates to me criticizing Biden. The biblical thing about "not casting the first stone" would be applicable if I had called a war criminal a decent man, like Biden did. I have never called a war criminal a decent man.


Laughing
Very simple: IF you find Biden worthy of your aspersions re: his calling Cheney a decent man, AND it's in the context of criticizing a presidential rival to Trump, then give Fair Credit to Trump for doing far more egregious things, i.e., praising Kim Jong Un, Putin, White Supremacists, etc.


Why is it far more egregious to praise Putin or Kim Jong Un (who we want to act in ways we prefer) than call Cheney a 'decent man' (and was not even a decent man before the Iraq war)? (Biden may have done so in order to pick up some Republican votes) Cheney has a big lead in deaths and destruction.

You have no idea what your talking about here. There is no point in further dialogue with you on this.

tfan wrote:
Trump never praised white supremacists.

“I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally”

#CharlottesvilleHoax


Yes. He. Did. His exact words were: "THERE ARE GOOD PEOPLE ON BOTH SIDES" in referencing the clashing parties at that 'event'.

Then he backtracks and makes his stupid retractions, cuz he knows most of his followers are stupid enough to buy it. CharlottesvilleHoax my A$$! Laughing



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7485



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/19 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iraq Body Count 288,000 estimated violent deaths as a result of the Iraq War.

Howee wrote:
tfan wrote:

Trump never praised white supremacists.

“I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally”

#CharlottesvilleHoax


Yes. He. Did. His exact words were: "THERE ARE GOOD PEOPLE ON BOTH SIDES" in referencing the clashing parties at that 'event'.

Then he backtracks and makes his stupid retractions, cuz he knows most of his followers are stupid enough to buy it. CharlottesvilleHoax my A$$! Laughing


Saying “I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally” is not a retraction or backtracking on "But you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides.". And they were said in the same press conference less than a minute apart.

But there is a way that people confidently continue to push the #FinePeopleHoax despite Trump specifically excluding the neo-Nazis and white nationalists. They look to another statement as giving them license to disregard his specific exclusion: "No, no. There were people in that rally, and I looked the night before. If you look, they were people protesting very quietly the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. "

I don't know if there were any photos of people peacefully protesting the night before, as it looked like an event out of a movie with a large number of 20 something college educated males holding torches (and in video, chanting). But besides appearing to have the wrong picture of the previous night (peacefully protesting), Trump then talks about the daytime protest having both types (very fine people and not very fine people): "The following day, it looked like they had some rough, bad people -- neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them. But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest and very legally protest, because you know -- I don't know if you know, they had a permit. The other group didn't have a permit."


Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 9912



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/19/19 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Biden not apologizing for remarks on segregationist senators

Quote:
Joe Biden refused calls to apologize Wednesday for saying that the Senate "got things done" with "civility" even when the body included segregationists with whom he disagreed.

His rivals for the Democratic presidential nomination, including the two major black candidates in the contest, roundly criticized Biden's comments. But Biden didn't back down and was particularly defiant in the face of criticism from New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker, who said the former vice president should apologize for his remarks.

Biden countered that it was Booker who should apologize because the senator "should know better" than to question his commitment to civil rights.

"There's not a racist bone in my body," Biden said. "I've been involved in civil rights my whole career."

Speaking on CNN, Booker responded: "I was raised to speak truth to power and that I shall never apologize for doing that. And Vice President Biden shouldn't need this lesson."


Quote:
"I have to tell Vice President Biden, as someone I respect, that he is wrong for using his relationships with Eastland and Talmadge as examples of how to bring our country together," said Booker, who is African American.

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, a fellow Democratic presidential candidate and a white man who is married to a black woman, tweeted: "It's 2019 & @JoeBiden is longing for the good old days of 'civility' typified by James Eastland. Eastland thought my multiracial family should be illegal."

California Sen. Kamala Harris, a black presidential candidate, said Biden was "coddling" segregationists in a way that "suggests to me that he doesn't understand ... the dark history of our country" — a characterization Biden's campaign rejects.

Former Texas Rep. Beto O'Rourke, another 2020 candidate, said, "For the vice president to somehow say that what we're seeing in this country today is a function of partisanship or a lack of bipartisanship completely ignores the legacy of slavery and the active suppression of African Americans and communities of color right now."


https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-not-apologizing-for-remarks-on-segregationist-senators/ar-AAD7ROv?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 9912



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/20/19 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Joe Biden to rich donors: "Nothing would fundamentally change" if he's elected

Quote:
No one’s standard of living will change, nothing would fundamentally change.”

Biden went on to say that the rich should not be blamed for income inequality, pleading to the donors, “I need you very badly.”

“I hope if I win this nomination, I won’t let you down. I promise you,” he added.


https://www.salon.com/2019/06/19/joe-biden-to-rich-donors-nothing-would-fundamentally-change-if-hes-elected/



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 11893
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/20/19 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Biden the right choice, at the right time?

I see him dropping significantly in the national polls after each debate.

Personally, I wish he'd stayed out of the race.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 9912



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/20/19 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Is Biden the right choice, at the right time?

I see him dropping significantly in the national polls after each debate.

Personally, I wish he'd stayed out of the race.


He's really a moderate Republican.



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 18566



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/20/19 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

His argument with Booker is ridiculous.

Joe: I can work with segregationist..they’ve never called me “boy”
Cory:...um..dude....
Joe: you owe me an apology Cory.

And I thought Bernie wasn’t great with race issues..Christ...



_________________
“Anyone point out that a Donald Trump anagram is ‘Lord Dampnut’”- Colin Mochrie
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 9912



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/21/19 7:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Biden called Booker to quell tensions. Things just got worse

Quote:
“I find it remarkable that the surrogate talking points they were sending around, as they were trying to contain this, include no mention of the language the vice president used and instead tried to spin that the vice president is being criticized for working with people he disagreed with,” a Booker aide said. “That’s nonsense and speaks volumes to what they know is true, which is, he should be apologizing for what he said.”


Quote:
“Cory shared directly what he said publicly — including helping Vice President Biden understand why the word ‘boy’ is painful to so many,” said Sabrina Singh, Booker’s campaign spokeswoman. “Cory believes that Vice President Biden understands why the word ‘boy’ is painful to so many. Cory believes that Vice President Biden should take responsibility for what he said and apologize to those who were hurt.”


https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-called-booker-to-quell-tensions-things-just-got-worse/ar-AADcwMd?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=mailsignout



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59819
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/09/19 8:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Last night in Iowa:

"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/biden-says-poor-kids-are-just-bright-just-talented-white-n1040686



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16663
Location: way station of life


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/09/19 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Last night in Iowa:

"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/biden-says-poor-kids-are-just-bright-just-talented-white-n1040686


oh, gawd.

i'm so afraid the dem leadership will get it wrong for 2020. they first need to recognize and acknowledge that biden won't work. get over it and move on.



_________________
no justice, no peace.
mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 18566



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/09/19 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
pilight wrote:
Last night in Iowa:

"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/biden-says-poor-kids-are-just-bright-just-talented-white-n1040686


oh, gawd.

i'm so afraid the dem leadership will get it wrong for 2020. they first need to recognize and acknowledge that biden won't work. get over it and move on.


If the man would just shut up, he’d get the nomination.

Black voters pick the Dem nominee. Of course him being Obama’s VP gives him a leg up..but he just keeps talking..at some point they’ll leave him.

Literally all he had to do was talk about how wonderful Obama was and how he wants to continue on with the path that Obama started. That’s it. Joe's about seventh on my choice for Dem nominee, but seeing him on TV during that first debate. The nostalgia was real. I'm sure a lot of people felt that way.

But he keeps saying racist shit. Bernie doesn’t even say shit this stupid.

When Tulsi is no longer around to make up shit about Harris, IMO, she’ll start winning over Biden’s voters who tend to favor her as a second choice anyway.



_________________
“Anyone point out that a Donald Trump anagram is ‘Lord Dampnut’”- Colin Mochrie
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52620



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/12/19 6:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fyMh8KptqFI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59819
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/25/19 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-joe-biden-vermont-new-hampshire-20190825-opjbc3scsnfavgkocxpyjh6wda-story.html

Quote:
“What’s not to love about Vermont in terms of the beauty of it? I mean this is sort of a scenic, beautiful town,” Biden told reporters.


He was in New Hampshire at the time



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16663
Location: way station of life


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/25/19 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-joe-biden-vermont-new-hampshire-20190825-opjbc3scsnfavgkocxpyjh6wda-story.html

Quote:
“What’s not to love about Vermont in terms of the beauty of it? I mean this is sort of a scenic, beautiful town,” Biden told reporters.


He was in New Hampshire at the time


that is just sad.



_________________
no justice, no peace.
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 5734
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/25/19 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
pilight wrote:
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-joe-biden-vermont-new-hampshire-20190825-opjbc3scsnfavgkocxpyjh6wda-story.html

Quote:
“What’s not to love about Vermont in terms of the beauty of it? I mean this is sort of a scenic, beautiful town,” Biden told reporters.


He was in New Hampshire at the time


that is just sad.


This thread is about 50 gaffes behind, but it seems Biden has Vermont on his mind. He said he gave a speech in Burlington, Vermont, when it was in Burlington, Iowa.

This reminds me of the movie that had the mystery about "Charles, Vermont", the name of which escapes me.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin