RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jersey_stupka

Location: Outer loop of the Capital Beltway heading towards the new National Zoo

PostPosted: 09/12/08 4:44 pm    ::: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

It's time now to start this thread.

1. Biden joked that Palin was a better looking candidate than he is.

2. Biden agreed that Hillary would have made a good VP choice.

And this isn't a gaffe, but it sure looks like Biden has had an eye lift. Anyone else notice?

PostPosted: 09/12/08 4:52 pm    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

jersey_stupka wrote:

Oh no, he didn't just say that. That's what he said first. He went on to say...

"...and frankly, she would have probably been a BETTER choice than me."

Can you IMAGINE being Barack or Michelle sitting there watching THAT. Shocked

Now wait a minute, stupka. About this thread. Before we get going... we better check with Reb to see if we have the bandwidth to handle something like this. Very Happy

PostPosted: 09/12/08 4:55 pm    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

jersey_stupka wrote:

How is that a gaffe??? That seems incredibly harmless (and possibly smart self-deprecation). ?

There's better stuff than this ... I read something particularly unpleasant in the Times today, but I'm not going to do your work for you.

Lurker_12

PostPosted: 09/12/08 4:58 pm    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

jersey_stupka wrote:

And this isn't a gaffe, but it sure looks like Biden has had an eye lift. Anyone else notice?

Prolly got the surgeons name fron Nancy Pelosi...

Can't remember which news outlet it was ...but they were asking what exactly he was doing to help this ticket??? I really like Joe Biden, and I sort of felt bad for him when I heard that....his was after his comments about Hillary being a better choice than he for VP.

With his history of gaffes...this could turn into a long thread... Wink

Well behaved women seldom make history...

Eer's & Hoo's & Huskies & me Libbie's !
jersey_stupka

Location: Outer loop of the Capital Beltway heading towards the new National Zoo

PostPosted: 09/12/08 5:09 pm    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:
jersey_stupka wrote:

How is that a gaffe??? That seems incredibly harmless (and possibly smart self-deprecation). ?

There's better stuff than this ... I read something particularly unpleasant in the Times today, but I'm not going to do your work for you.

It's a sexist remark. when was the last time the candidates discussed looks?
Thanks for the tip. Will check it out and report back. Wink

PostPosted: 09/12/08 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bush raised the bar when it comes to speaking gaffes - but it looks like Biden is off to a good start.

thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 09/12/08 5:42 pm    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

jersey_stupka wrote:

Probably during the Democratic primary. Or when Biden said his wife was "drop dead gorgeous." So now it's sexist to say someone is more attractive than you? The word "attractive?" He didn't say she was "sexier," or "had a better body..." I can't deal with this "everything is sexist" crap.

All these gaffes do is show people that Biden is not that different from them. He says things that seem less than ideal sometimes because he's actually speaking without a script -- like a real person. His constituents in Delaware seem to have been fine with it for dozens of years. And unlike Bush, he doesn't come off like a freakin' idiot (because he's not).

Barrister15

PostPosted: 09/12/08 6:12 pm    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:
Or when Biden said his wife was "drop dead gorgeous."

Actually, Biden didn't just say his wife was "drop dead gorgeous" -- which is a wonderfully sweet thing to say about one's wife . But oh no, Biden had to insert his foot in his mouth by what followed after that... "My wife Jill, who youll meet soon, she also has her doctorate degree, which is a problem.

So tell me Joe, why is that a problem? Confused

Barrister15

PostPosted: 09/12/08 6:15 pm    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:

Was it this?

Quote:
Senator Joseph R. Biden Jr.s son, Hunter, who had been a Washington lobbyist, has quit the industry in an apparent effort to insulate his father and his presidential running mate, Senator Barack Obama, from the political fallout of his lobbying connections.

Or this

Quote:
Democrat vice presidential nominee Joe Biden gives significantly less money to charity as a percentage of his household income than the average American

Or his gaffe from earlier this week

Quote:
In Columbia, Mo., this week, Mr. Biden urged a paraplegic state official to stand up to be recognized. Chuck, stand up, let the people see you, Mr. Biden shouted to State Senator Chuck Graham, before realizing, to his horror, that Mr. Graham uses a wheelchair.

Oh, God love ya, Mr. Biden said. What am I talking about?

thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 09/12/08 7:09 pm    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

Barrister15 wrote:

Or his gaffe from earlier this week

Quote:
In Columbia, Mo., this week, Mr. Biden urged a paraplegic state official to stand up to be recognized. Chuck, stand up, let the people see you, Mr. Biden shouted to State Senator Chuck Graham, before realizing, to his horror, that Mr. Graham uses a wheelchair.

Oh, God love ya, Mr. Biden said. What am I talking about?

that one. Rolling Eyes

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 09/12/08 7:10 pm    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

Pay no attention. Just because Repugs say "nucular" doesn't mean we have to fall in line! Laughing

thesixthwoman wrote:

Location: Bus Town/ The Hall/Cap City...Whatever they call it these days

PostPosted: 09/12/08 7:15 pm    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

jersey_stupka wrote:
thesixthwoman wrote:
jersey_stupka wrote:

It's a sexist remark.

Someone needs to trademark those four words quick cuz if they do, they are gonna get paid in a hurry

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 09/12/08 7:20 pm    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

Oh wait, let's make a sexist remark!!! Sarah Palin is prettier than Joe Biden. There? Is that sexist enough for you people?? No? Well, Sarah Palin is fulfilling a bunch of 'naughty librarian' fantasies for tons of people. Hope that's sexist enough? Cause God knows, this is what's important.

I'm glad to know this is your "issue" Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 09/12/08 7:25 pm    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

Here's another sexist comment....she's got EXCELLENT taste in shoes. And that ain't no lie...i'd love to raid her shoe closet!!

PostPosted: 09/12/08 7:29 pm    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:
jersey_stupka wrote:

Probably during the Democratic primary. Or when Biden said his wife was "drop dead gorgeous." So now it's sexist to say someone is more attractive than you? The word "attractive?" He didn't say she was "sexier," or "had a better body..." I can't deal with this "everything is sexist" crap.

All these gaffes do is show people that Biden is not that different from them. He says things that seem less than ideal sometimes because he's actually speaking without a script -- like a real person. His constituents in Delaware seem to have been fine with it for dozens of years. And unlike Bush, he doesn't come off like a freakin' idiot (because he's not).

Now, now, this is a Joe Biden gaffe thread. Start your own GWB gaffe thread.

PostPosted: 09/12/08 7:31 pm    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:
Pay no attention. Just because Repugs say "nucular" doesn't mean we have to fall in line! Laughing

thesixthwoman wrote:

Are you one of those Dims? Say it ain't so, Joe, er Keira.

PostPosted: 09/12/08 7:33 pm    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:
Here's another sexist comment....she's got EXCELLENT taste in shoes. And that ain't no lie...i'd love to raid her shoe closet!!

wow, LOL that Joe Biden sure knows how to put his foot in his mouth, don't he? Too funny.

PostPosted: 09/12/08 7:48 pm    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

I can pronounce "nuclear" the way it's supposed to be pronounced.

jersey_stupka wrote:

Are you one of those Dims? Say it ain't so, Joe, er Keira.

PostPosted: 09/12/08 7:51 pm    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:
Oh wait, let's make a sexist remark!!! Sarah Palin is prettier than Joe Biden. There? Is that sexist enough for you people?? No? Well, Sarah Palin is fulfilling a bunch of 'naughty librarian' fantasies for tons of people. Hope that's sexist enough?

She's working against type pretty well. But she could drip a little of that warm the Alaskan night sexiness and I bet McCain would get a rise in the latest poll.

Razz

PostPosted: 09/12/08 8:01 pm    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:
Oh wait, let's make a sexist remark!!! Sarah Palin is prettier than Joe Biden. There? Is that sexist enough for you people?? No? Well, Sarah Palin is fulfilling a bunch of 'naughty librarian' fantasies for tons of people. Hope that's sexist enough? Cause God knows, this is what's important.

I'm glad to know this is your "issue" Rolling Eyes

Joe Biden said she was a naughty librarian? What's next, he wants to check her out?

PostPosted: 09/12/08 8:14 pm    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

No, he didn't say that! *I* did -- and I offer no apologies for it either

jersey_stupka wrote:

Joe Biden said she was a naughty librarian? What's next, he wants to check her out?

PostPosted: 09/12/08 8:17 pm    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

jersey_stupka wrote:

:

what's with all the republican she's so hot talk..not sexist if it comes from your own party???

PostPosted: 09/12/08 8:18 pm    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
jersey_stupka wrote:

:

what's with all the republican she's so hot talk..not sexist if it comes from your own party???

who are you referring to?

PostPosted: 09/12/08 8:18 pm    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

Those really don't seem like gaffes too me...

PostPosted: 09/12/08 8:21 pm    ::: Re: Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread Reply Reply with quote

jersey_stupka wrote:
caune wrote:
jersey_stupka wrote:

:

who are you referring to?

Rush has been calling her a "babe" for months..oh and this pin that was all over the repub convention Shocked

Double standard much Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: