RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 08/25/19 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/i/status/1160648971037155329
Howee

PostPosted: 08/25/19 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
pilight wrote:
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-joe-biden-vermont-new-hampshire-20190825-opjbc3scsnfavgkocxpyjh6wda-story.html

Quote:
“What’s not to love about Vermont in terms of the beauty of it? I mean this is sort of a scenic, beautiful town,” Biden told reporters.

He was in New Hampshire at the time

that is just sad.

It IS a bit sad....I for the life of me cannot fathom how he's still leading in polls, but I keep hoping it's all from a numbness borne of people who just long for "The Good Old Days" of Obama.

PostPosted: 08/26/19 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
I for the life of me cannot fathom how he's still leading in polls, but I keep hoping it's all from a numbness borne of people who just long for "The Good Old Days" of Obama.

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/monmouthpoll_US_082619/

Quote:
The poll finds a virtual three-way tie among Sanders (20%), Warren (20%), and Biden (19%) in the presidential nomination preferences of registered Democrats and Democratic-leaning voters across the country. Compared to Monmouth’s June poll, these results represent an increase in support for both Sanders (up from 14%) and Warren (up from 15%), and a significant drop for Biden (down from 32%).

PostPosted: 08/26/19 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Sanders/Warren or Warren/Sanders might be the ticket to top Biden/Whoever.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
tfan

PostPosted: 08/27/19 12:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't see Sanders and Warren appealing to the rich of the Democrat party. I don't know if that will translate to campaign war chests as there are limitations of $5,xxx. But they have those $50,000 a head fundraisers. I guess that money goes to the DNC.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 08/27/19 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
I don't see Sanders and Warren appealing to the rich of the Democrat party. I don't know if that will translate to campaign war chests as there are limitations of $5,xxx. But they have those $50,000 a head fundraisers. I guess that money goes to the DNC.

And dark money super PACs working for them.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/27/19 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

That’s not the demo those two struggle with the most, and it’s not the Demo that will keep them from winning.

This election is Biden’s until black voters decide otherwise. Why anyone pretends otherwise is beyond me.

PostPosted: 08/29/19 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As he campaigns for president, Joe Biden tells a moving but false war story

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/as-he-campaigns-for-president-joe-biden-tells-a-moving-but-false-war-story/2019/08/29/b5159676-c9aa-11e9-a1fe-ca46e8d573c0_story.html?noredirect=on

Quote:
In the space of three minutes, Biden got the time period, the location, the heroic act, the type of medal, the military branch and the rank of the recipient wrong, as well as his own role in the ceremony.

PostPosted: 08/29/19 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/as-he-campaigns-for-president-joe-biden-tells-a-moving-but-false-war-story/2019/08/29/b5159676-c9aa-11e9-a1fe-ca46e8d573c0_story.html?noredirect=on

Quote:
In the space of three minutes, Biden got the time period, the location, the heroic act, the type of medal, the military branch and the rank of the recipient wrong, as well as his own role in the ceremony.

Hmmm. Maybe he's just doing it on purpose: clearly, Lies, Lies and MORE Lies has helped Don The Con, so Biden is trying it out.

PostPosted: 08/31/19 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Hmmm. Maybe he's just doing it on purpose: clearly, Lies, Lies and MORE Lies has helped Don The Con, so Biden is trying it out.

You joke, but it actually points to what will be a very real problem for whoever is nominated. Whoever the Dem nominee is, she or he will be held to a VERY different standard than the GOP nominee. Especially by the so-called "liberal media" desperate to appear impartial.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 08/31/19 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

You joke, but it actually points to what will be a very real problem for whoever is nominated. Whoever the Dem nominee is, she or he will be held to a VERY different standard than the GOP nominee. Especially by the so-called "liberal media" desperate to appear impartial.

And worse if she's a woman.

PostPosted: 08/31/19 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Administration officials admitted that Trump lied about trade-focused calls with Chinese officials just so that the market would go up. He intentionally lied to effect the markets. And that isn't a fucking blip in the news.

sambista

PostPosted: 09/01/19 2:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Administration officials admitted that Trump lied about trade-focused calls with Chinese officials just so that the market would go up. He intentionally lied to effect the markets. And that isn't a fucking blip in the news.

i think tripe rather enjoys playing puppet master with the market. and other world events. emphasis on "playing." like it's a fucking game.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/k8bVG8XC-4I" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PostPosted: 09/05/19 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Former Vice President Joe Biden's left eye filled with blood while he was onstage Wednesday during a CNN town hall on climate change

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7429607/Biden-jokes-gaffes-Colbert-gets-climate-CNN.html

PostPosted: 09/07/19 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-biden-donald-hump-freudian-slip-trump_n_5d73e9fee4b06451356efaf0

Quote:
Biden called the president “Donald Hump,”

PostPosted: 12/02/19 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What is Biden talking about in this clip?

https://twitter.com/TimMurtaugh/status/1201124132869607424

PostPosted: 12/02/19 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Joe Biden nibbled on his wife's finger in a bizarre campaign stop moment

https://www.businessinsider.com/biden-bites-wifes-finger-in-bizarre-campaign-stop-moment-2019-11/

Quote:
Biden leaned forward and bit down on the tip of his wife's index finger

PostPosted: 12/02/19 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
What is Biden talking about in this clip?

https://twitter.com/TimMurtaugh/status/1201124132869607424

Hey. He's a native Pennysltuckian. That's how they ALL talk around here. Razz

But really....incoherent as he may be, I be listenin' to him ALLL day long over Rabid Don. Cool

PostPosted: 12/07/19 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/05/joe-biden-calls-man-damn-liar-076438

Quote:
Biden has largely avoided talking about his son Hunter Biden’s work for the Ukrainian gas company Burisma — which dovetailed with the vice president’s portfolio in the country — after Trump repeatedly tried to pressure Ukraine into investigating the arrangement. Democrats are moving toward impeaching Trump for what they call an abuse of his power.

But on Thursday in this small rural Iowa town, Biden couldn’t avoid the topic when the 83-year-old man said he had two problems with the 77-year-old Biden: that he's "too old" and the Ukrainian issue.

“We all know Trump has been messing around in Ukraine,” the man said before pivoting to Biden.

“You on the other hand sent your son over there to get a job and work for a gas company and [who] had no experience in natural gas,” he said. “You’re selling access to the president just like he is.”

“You’re a damn liar, man. That’s not true. And no one has ever said that,” Biden interjected, walking up to him menacingly.

As the two talked over each other, a staffer tried to take the man’s microphone. But Biden waved him away and let the man keep the mic.

“Let him go. Let him go,” Biden said. He said that “the reason I’m running is because I’ve been around a long time and I know more than most people know and I can get things done. And that’s why I’m running.”

Returning to the issue of his age and fitness, Biden then laid down the challenge: “Let’s do push-ups together here, man. Let’s run. Let’s do whatever you want to do. Let’s take an IQ test.”

The man was speechless.

“No one has said my son has done anything wrong,” Biden said, adding that he “did not on any occasion” do anything wrong and that “no one has ever said it.”

“I didn’t say you were doing anything wrong,” the man replied.

“You said I set up my son to work on an oil company,” Biden shot back. “Isn’t that what you said? Get your words straight, Jack!

The man said he heard it on MSNBC, at which point Biden yelled again.

“You don’t hear that on MSNBC! You did not hear that at all,” Biden said. “Look, I’m not going to get into an argument with you, man.”

At one point, Biden appeared to call the man “fat” by mistake. (After numerous media outlets reported the remark, Biden's campaign claimed he said “fact.”) That’s when the man got in a dig.

“You don’t have any more backbone than Trump does,” he said.

The crowd booed him.

“Any other questions?” Biden said, looking to others.

“Well, I’m not voting for you,” the man said.

“Well, I knew you weren’t,” Biden said. “You’re too old to vote for me.”

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 12/08/19 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stacking spaghetti sauce?

https://twitter.com/johncardillo/status/1203456016341450752
pilight

PostPosted: 02/10/20 9:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"You're a lying dog-faced pony soldier"

PostPosted: 03/10/20 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1237403481314598918?s=21

Biden said:

- “You are full of shit”
- “Don’t be a horses ass”
- “An AR is a machine gun!”
- "I'm not working for you"

Way to persuade those voters, Joe

PostPosted: 03/10/20 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1237403481314598918?s=21

Biden said:

- “You are full of shit”
- “Don’t be a horses ass”
- “An AR is a machine gun!”
- "I'm not working for you"

Way to persuade those voters, Joe

That wasn't a gaffe. Biden's own team has been sharing the link to that video.

The guy he was getting into it with was obviously never going to vote for him (or for any Democrat), and as a white male he can say things like that without stereotypes being used against him. Now there's a viral video plus tons of media coverage of him forcefully answering one of the GOPs major talking points to appeal to potential swing voters, while him answering a Trump voter's BS forcefully will appeal to the left and those who might be questioning whether he will let Trump walk all over him.

My guess is this response was not unplanned. Not that it would necessarily be this specific guy, or at this specific event, or about this specific question, but rather just a general plan on how to respond and with what tone to frame it when someone inevitably approached him like this.

PostPosted: 03/10/20 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
tfan wrote:

That’s not the demo those two struggle with the most, and it’s not the Demo that will keep them from winning.

This election is Biden’s until black voters decide otherwise. Why anyone pretends otherwise is beyond me.

Way to call it mercfan3.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/10/20 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Talking about an "AR-14" (a thing that does not exist) then flatly lying about saying he would put Beto O'Rourke in charge of gun policy is most definitely a gaffe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: