RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Six Feet Under?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 06/27/05 6:55 pm    ::: Six Feet Under? Reply Reply with quote

Has a new season started? I saw some ads for it tonight, and the previews didn't look familiar. Has a new season started, I usually always just keep an eye on the Sunday lineup and that usually covers the main series and when they start.

Have I been asleep at the wheel?

thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 06/27/05 7:05 pm    ::: Re: Six Feet Under? Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
Has a new season started? I saw some ads for it tonight, and the previews didn't look familiar. Has a new season started, I usually always just keep an eye on the Sunday lineup and that usually covers the main series and when they start.

Yes. New season started a few weeks ago - they moved it to Monday nights. Try HBO on Demand to see missed episodes. I think we're at #4 for the season tonight....

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 06/27/05 7:10 pm    ::: Re: Six Feet Under? Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:
rebkell wrote:

Yes. New season started a few weeks ago - they moved it to Monday nights. Try HBO on Demand to see missed episodes. I think we're at #4 for the season tonight....

Well, shit! OK, I'll dig around, I can probably catch them on the other HBO's, why did they move it to Monday? The stuff they have on now, sure isn't better than Six Feet under, what was it that just finished up a few weeks ago, Deadwood? I was just expecting the new stuff to follow suit.

thanx for the info.

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 06/27/05 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HBO moved SFU to Monday nights beginning the 1st week in June. With the move they lost 40% of the audience. But don't set up your TIVO for Mondays. After tonight's episode, SFU is moving back to Sundays.
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/newswire.cgi?id=6931

Confused? Not as confused as the Fishers. Laughing

thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 06/27/05 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluewolfvii wrote:
HBO moved SFU to Monday nights beginning the 1st week in June. With the move they lost 40% of the audience. But don't set up your TIVO for Mondays. After tonight's episode, SFU is moving back to Sundays.

thanks, blue - i didn't know about the planned move BACK to sundays, although i suppose i would have caught it if i watched tonight's episode in time - they must be advertising that. so it seems they moved SFU to Mondays to die, and it was going too quickly, so they inserted the sunday night feeding tube to keep it around until it's over.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 06/27/05 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluewolfvii wrote:

I can definitely believe losing 40% of their audience, they lost me with the switch to Monday, because I didn't even know it was on, where are the catch up nights, they almost always have a catch up night after the first three or 4 episodes, they'll usually pick a Friday or Saturday night, and run the first 3 or 4 eps back to back to back, they really are trying to kill SFU aren't they. Sad

thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 06/27/05 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
bluewolfvii wrote:

I can definitely believe losing 40% of their audience, they lost me with the switch to Monday, because I didn't even know it was on, where are the catch up nights, they almost always have a catch up night after the first three or 4 episodes, they'll usually pick a Friday or Saturday night, and run the first 3 or 4 eps back to back to back, they really are trying to kill SFU aren't they. Sad

i wasn't going to tell you, but they had a catch-up night this past friday, i think. do you get HBO on demand? cause they're all there.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 06/27/05 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Figures, that was WNBA catch up night too ... Smile Well, it's on now, might as well get into best I can. It's not my all time favorite show, but it's not bad.

Don't you guys let me miss 'Dead Like Me' , that is one of my favorites.

cometswin5

PostPosted: 06/27/05 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

Wasn't that show cancelled? It was one of my favorites too.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 06/27/05 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cometswin5 wrote:
Quote:

Wasn't that show cancelled? It was one of my favorites too.

I think, think mind you, there will be new eps in July.

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 06/27/05 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

I hope, Reb, you are correct because Dead Like Me rocked. The best thing about Dead, besides the insanely clever writing and wickedly good acting, was how good one felt about being alive.

But alas, unless there has been some new development my fear is that Show has been promoting reruns. Sad

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 06/28/05 12:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluewolfvii wrote:
Quote:

I hope, Reb, you are correct because Dead Like Me rocked. The best thing about Dead, besides the insanely clever writing and wickedly good acting, was how good one felt about being alive.

But alas, unless there has been some new development my fear is that Show has been promoting reruns. Sad

Damn, damn, damn it all, from everything I'm seeing, now that I'm looking, it's been cancelled. What the hell, running the hell out of it this summer, reruns as you said Blue and they've already cancelled it.

Well, that just sux, another good show gone. I never even thought about it being cancelled, I figured it had another 2 or 3 years easy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: