RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

sun at sunny phoenix
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/25/05 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"That said, I still think CON needs a scoring SG... They can't/shouldn't depend on Whalen scoring 20 every time...Who knows, maybe they'll pick up Anna in the off-season "

CT's starting shooting guard averages more than 11 a game, third-highest on the team. She has led the team in scoring in three of the eight wins she has played in.

And far from "depending on Whalen scoring 20 points every night," she has done that exactly once this season.

It is a shame to let accuracy get in the way of talking shit, I suppose.

Before her performance tonight, Deforge was averaging 14 points a game, less than three more than Douglas.

dukemayo

PostPosted: 06/25/05 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From the schedule so far you'd think Conn was in the West. Out of a 10-2 record, they're now 8-1 vs. Western teams. And their next two are vs. Minn and Sacto. But after that, the schedule turns heavily Eastern. Does it get easier or harder?

I say easier (for one thing, they still have all four games vs. Charlotte), but despite that they don't go 20-2 or anything like that the rest of the way. They unconsciously gear down a bit to save something for the playoffs. That's my wee-hours theory today anyway. Big Idea !

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 06/26/05 12:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dukemayo wrote:
From the schedule so far you'd think Conn was in the West. Out of a 10-2 record, they're now 8-1 vs. Western teams. And their next two are vs. Minn and Sacto. But after that, the schedule turns heavily Eastern. Does it get easier or harder?

I say easier (for one thing, they still have all four games vs. Charlotte), but despite that they don't go 20-2 or anything like that the rest of the way. They unconsciously gear down a bit to save something for the playoffs. That's my wee-hours theory today anyway. Big Idea !

Well it's a bit early to start pacing themselves for the playoffs, but maybe you're right... They could get some more playing time for their backups...

No doubt Exclamation Anna's FG% is 33.8% compared to Katie Douglas' 42% (Shocked). Accuracy definitely is an issue for Anna... Idea

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 06/26/05 12:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
but despite that they don't go 20-2 or anything like that the rest of the way

I don't know, I can see them having a record like Detroit did a couple of years ago, their championship year. I can easily see them in single digit losses for the year. I know that's not 20-2, but I can seem them doing pretty well. They look solid and smart and they play an upbeat tempo, run at any opportunity, I like their chances. Whalen is damn good in traffic, she splits the middle with the ball as well as anyone, she can turn some of those outlet passes into foot races, she can dribble with the ball practically on the dead run and she's fluid as hell.

caune

PostPosted: 06/26/05 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
Forget the Free Throws.... Let's talk about rebounding Exclamation
    40-27

Indeed, or as I mentioned in the other thread, look at the total rebounds for each team (i.e. including team rebounds). It's even uglier: 55 - 31

I'm sorry guys but rebound had NOTHING to do with the Mercury loosing...It was Kamillas Ass, yes Kamillas ass.
The refs called a foul on her anytime her ass touched anyone. Hell Margo ran behind her, running into Kamilla considerable assets, knocked Kamilla sideways and it was a foul on Kamilla Twisted Evil

Sheesh both teams played hard but the officials should have shut the f up and let them play. 40 freethrow attempts is insane, it interupts the flow and makes for a very unentertaining product!

PostPosted: 06/26/05 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
I'm sorry guys but rebound had NOTHING to do with the Mercury loosing...It was Kamillas Ass, yes Kamillas ass.
The refs called a foul on her anytime her ass touched anyone. Hell Margo ran behind her, running into Kamilla considerable assets, knocked Kamilla sideways and it was a foul on Kamilla Twisted Evil

She's still got that thing going? I think we should call it the Bobo Effect.
caune

PostPosted: 06/26/05 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
caune wrote:

She's still got that thing going? I think we should call it the Bobo Effect.

It's so frustrating right now what with Kamillas foul prone rear, Annas frustration, Penny playing ghost girl and Plenette being Plenette, it's just hard to describe.
We have the team on paper, but because we are bottom of the ladder we get no respect from refs and Carries substitutions are baffleing at best.

Bright spots are Shereka who is developing nicely and just did everything well last night, Ash too has her moments, Angelina is so athletic, and Sandora comes off the IR for the LA game so we'll see how she does. We could actually develop a bench if we don't watch out Rolling Eyes

Bad news, Gwen has a knee injury, could be ACL;(

did anyone TIVO or tape this game and care to share a copy, the bloody thing was blacked out in Phoenix again, why have they started to do that I don't know, it's damned annoying!

PostPosted: 06/26/05 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Was anyone at the game last night sometimes u cant tell everything from TV thanks.

caune

PostPosted: 06/26/05 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bigbri131014 wrote:
Was anyone at the game last night sometimes u cant tell everything from TV thanks.

I was there, very close to the court, watching Kamillas arse commit fouls Embarassed
I'd like a copy of the tape to validate a few thoughts....and to send to Oz

PostPosted: 06/26/05 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There were plenty of phantom fouls called both ways. I remember Sales' 5th coming on a breakout play that she'd given up on and didn't even run out all the way.

PostPosted: 06/26/05 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
There were plenty of phantom fouls called both ways. I remember Sales' 5th coming on a breakout play that she'd given up on and didn't even run out all the way.

Well I wouldn't say plenty what with a foul count of 21 to 34, but there are always bad calls, the issue in this case was the disparity in number.

PostPosted: 06/26/05 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The disparity in number came from one team actually getting the ball into the paint and attacking the basket while the other took 20+ three pointers.

PostPosted: 06/26/05 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The disparity in number came from one team actually getting the ball into the paint and attacking the basket while the other took 20+ three pointers.

Most definitely... It seems after every loss people blame the refs... Idea

caune

PostPosted: 06/26/05 6:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Points in the paint were 24 for the merc to 26 for the Sun, so we were in the paint attacking the basket quite a bit.
And we took 81 shots and got 21 fouls, they took 62 shots and got 34 fouls, still quite a disparity, no?

BTW, you DID watch this on NBATV right?

PostPosted: 06/26/05 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I did watch it. The Sun didn't get many points in the paint because the Merc fouled them all the time, keeping the shots from going in.

BTW, the foul difference was only 31-24, and two of those were intentionals in the last minute of play.

PostPosted: 06/26/05 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I did watch it. The Sun didn't get many points in the paint because the Merc fouled them all the time, keeping the shots from going in.

BTW, the foul difference was only 31-24, and two of those were intentionals in the last minute of play.

ah dyslexia strikes again..but you can understand our frustration if you watched that game, no?

PostPosted: 06/26/05 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I understand your frustration. Your team isn't very good. No amount of abusing refs will change that.

PostPosted: 06/26/05 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I understand your frustration. Your team isn't very good. No amount of abusing refs will change that.

No my team isn't playing well, I wouldn't say they aren't very good, but then they are my team, and I know enough to know that Anna and Penny are playing way below their abilities.

And those refs last night deserved all the abuse heaped on them from both teams, they were cluelss at best.
Not a one of them could count to three, they made calls out of position, and they anticipated contact all night, big no nos in basketball

PostPosted: 06/26/05 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe Maria is the thing that will push this team to be better. I mean, their two weaknesses are rebounding and post scoring. She'll help in those aspects. But has Phoenix dug themselves too deep of a hole? Im not sure but they would like to see Maria do a lot of this...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: