RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Boxing Scoring? What's up with that?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smenko

PostPosted: 08/13/08 8:08 am    ::: Boxing Scoring? What's up with that? Reply Reply with quote

I've been watching the some of the boxing matches and I have to wonder what the judges are determining what constitutes a hit? I realize that there are many different styles of boxing but the Chinese appear to box with a combination of boxing and wrestling. Is it just me? It's baffling how the scores are falling.

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 08/13/08 9:30 am    ::: Re: Boxing Scoring? What's up with that? Reply Reply with quote

smenko wrote:
I've been watching the some of the boxing matches and I have to wonder what the judges are determining what constitutes a hit? I realize that there are many different styles of boxing but the Chinese appear to box with a combination of boxing and wrestling. Is it just me? It's baffling how the scores are falling.

Boxing is more rigged than the WWE...its a shame...but this scoring system doesnt work either...and oh, the grabbing, its because you GAIN points if your opponent gets called for a foul...instead of the guilty party losing points...need I say more on how FD up Olympic Boxing is...i never thought i'd say this but it's worse than the pros...I'll say it...wanna drop a dirty game IOC...DROP BOXING!!!!

PostPosted: 08/13/08 12:44 pm    ::: Or clean it up Reply Reply with quote

Really, in this age of technology, why is amateur boxing scored by subjective and stupid human judges? It is not a sport like gymnastics or skating where style counts; it is all about effective hitting of a specific target.

Sensors in the equipment (augmented by video and human judges in case something goes wrong) could make boxing fun to watch again. At least it would be legitimate.

PostPosted: 08/13/08 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree...then again I just say take the helmets off and make it like the old days, just stand there until someone falls Razz Razz

PostPosted: 08/13/08 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, was it wrong of me to want any boxer fighting against the Chinese boxers wrestling their opponents down to the mat to get knocked out? They were so annoying. Box already!

CRASH

PostPosted: 08/13/08 3:26 pm    ::: Re: Boxing Scoring? What's up with that? Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
smenko wrote:

Boxing is more rigged than the WWE...its a shame...but this scoring system doesnt work either...and oh, the grabbing, its because you GAIN points if your opponent gets called for a foul...instead of the guilty party losing points...need I say more on how FD up Olympic Boxing is...i never thought i'd say this but it's worse than the pros...I'll say it...wanna drop a dirty game IOC...DROP BOXING!!!!

X__________________________

PostPosted: 08/15/08 1:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, the Chinese are into the second round and they are still dancing around like they're the three stooges. Why fight? You're ahead. Just dance all over the stupid place. This is the world's best athletes? Hurumph!

jaye

PostPosted: 08/15/08 5:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the system bites..... there are five judges positioned with two buttons in front of them....one for each fighter.....when the judges see a legal punch connect (punch landed with the white part of the gloves) they are supposed to press the button that corresponds to the fighter landing it.....

three out of the five judges have to press the button within a second of each other for the point to count.....that said.....the system blows chunks.....it just doesn't work.....and it' makes the fights all but unwatchable....

but as for going back to the old days.....this system was implemented because the old days system was rife with corruption....judges were blatently scoring for the homers.....you have but to watch roy jones olympic robbery to understand....

i don't know what am boxing is going to do to correct this....but if they don't do something they won't even have the families of the fighters watching.....cause like i said.....this crap is unwatchable.....even by me....and i'm a hardcore boxing fan that watches every fight ....

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: