RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

USA Women's Gameday: 8/11 vs. China
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/11/08 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coz China asked them very politely
oh yeah, and also coz they're money-hungry traitors like Hammonova

PostPosted: 08/11/08 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Coz China asked them very politely
oh yeah, and also coz they're money-hungry traitors like Hammonova

Because 'China asked those traitors??'

OK, but what's the story behind that, smarty pants? Why would China ask them and say, not, Brazil?

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/11/08 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why would Brazil ask for Tom Maher when they've already got Ben Stiller coaching them?

PostPosted: 08/11/08 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Forget it.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/11/08 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

(Translation: I don't know the actual answer)

PostPosted: 08/11/08 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From ESPN.com
Quote:
"I don't feel the defeat today brings too much pressure," said Chen Nan, who added 14 points for China. "The score is not that important."

Shocked really?! If that's what you need to tell yourself...

mikey87

PostPosted: 08/11/08 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Scarab wrote:
From ESPN.com
Quote:
"I don't feel the defeat today brings too much pressure," said Chen Nan, who added 14 points for China. "The score is not that important."

Shocked really?! If that's what you need to tell yourself...

It wasn't lol, we only won by 45 points.... Very Happy

Scarab

PostPosted: 08/11/08 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

bballequalslife

PostPosted: 08/11/08 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, in other words, it doesn't matter how much they lost by? If they lost by 4 points, 5 points, or 45 points, it doesn't matter? Surprised

M'kay. Rolling Eyes

BCBG25

PostPosted: 08/11/08 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Why would Brazil ask for Tom Maher when they've already got Ben Stiller coaching them?

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Now it's never gonna be the same again...

PostPosted: 08/11/08 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, the US really rampaged all over China today. Nice to see.

I was looking at the rest of the pool play schedule, and I have to wonder if any of the teams are going to be a challenge for the US women.

I mean you've got Mali up next and they lost by 35 points today to a team the US beat by 40.
KeiraNY

PostPosted: 08/11/08 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was a pretty darn good game -- if you were a US fan!!! China played better in the 2nd half, but they need to up the aggressiveness.

Tina Thompson was on FIRE!!!

PostPosted: 08/11/08 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wow......i don't really care that much for donavan.....but i've got to admit....she's got our women playing with a purpose.....

PostPosted: 08/11/08 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Big Syl for the dollar bill.

I've been taking naps in between some games, so I've not been on the board until mid-morning but I wanted to say that Tina and big Syl are the MVP's for this game! I love having basketball without all the commercials and stories that go with having to watch the regular NBC channel.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
LakotaStorm

PostPosted: 08/11/08 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jaye wrote:
wow......i don't really care that much for donavan.....but i've got to admit....she's got our women playing with a purpose.....

I had planned on some of the haters blaming her if thy lose and if they lost saying she had nothing to do with their winning. Either way I figured she wouldn't get props for anything, so thanks for admitting that.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
KeiraNY

PostPosted: 08/11/08 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey, when credit is due, she'll get hers. When she's to blame, she'll get the blame. I'm not a "hater" but I still say she was mainly to blame for the huge loss in Brazil. She threw that game away.

But to each their due -- whichever way the wind blows...

LakotaStorm wrote:

I had planned on some of the haters blaming her if thy lose and if they lost saying she had nothing to do with their winning. Either way I figured she wouldn't get props for anything, so thanks for admitting that.

PostPosted: 08/11/08 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:
Hey, when credit is due, she'll get hers. When she's to blame, she'll get the blame. I'm not a "hater" but I still say she was mainly to blame for the huge loss in Brazil. She threw that game away.

X__________________________

She's got the team playing well, I still don't think she's a good coach though, and she's also getting lots of help.

PostPosted: 08/11/08 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I watched the first half of this game this morning then went back to bed, LOL. Anyway I must say that Tina Thompson and Kara Lawson truly impressed me from what I saw this morning. Both made spectacular plays.

"Memories are just where you leave them"

"Jimmy Choo, Bitches"
jaye

PostPosted: 08/11/08 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
KeiraNY wrote:

She's got the team playing well, I still don't think she's a good coach though, and she's also getting lots of help.

those are pretty much my feelings.....but the offense seemed to bog down in the second half.....i'm still a little worried......

PostPosted: 08/11/08 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jaye wrote:
[but the offense seemed to bog down in the second half.....

It sure did.
Only scored 47 points in the second half Wink

PostPosted: 08/11/08 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jaye wrote:
those are pretty much my feelings.....but the offense seemed to bog down in the second half.....i'm still a little worried......

They said the team tried not to show too much of it's sets because there were several teams scouting.

PostPosted: 08/11/08 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
jaye wrote:

They said the team tried not to show too much of it's sets because there were several teams scouting.

yeah.....i heard that.....not sure i believe it.....they showed plenty in the first half......and the sets we did run....didn't look fluid....

but luuuc.....that 47 had more to do with china than it did with us.... Laughing the offense didn't look very smooth.....we were scoring anyway..... but....

PostPosted: 08/11/08 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
KeiraNY wrote:

Keira, that isn't hating, so you were never in the groups I call her haters, but they know who they are. That is the whole point of basketball, you don't give credit where it's not due. I'm not a homer when it comes to AD at all, I think she is a great coach, but for the Storm it was obviously time to move on, same ole stops working after awhile. Agler and the new team mates proved that.

The fact is some talked about the team not winning at all, already acting like we lost the gold already, those are the ones I am talking about.

Mercfan, yes she is getting help, but she is still the head coach but us not being there we can't possible know just how much of their input and advice she takes, it's group effort, they will all win together or fail together. In one sentence you say she has got the team playing well, in the next you say she is not a good coach; which is it?

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 08/11/08 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't worry -- I wasn't taking it personally!! I'm not a fan of AD at all, but hey, so far, so good. Let's hope the trend keeps going all the way to the gold!!!

[quote="LakotaStorm"]

Keira, that isn't hating, so you were never in the groups I call her haters, but they know who they are. That is the whole point of basketball, you don't give credit where it's not due. I'm not a homer when it comes to AD at all, I think she is a great coach, but for the Storm it was obviously time to move on, same ole stops working after awhile. Agler and the new team mates proved that.

PostPosted: 08/11/08 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LakotaStorm wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
KeiraNY wrote:

The fact is some talked about the team not winning at all, already acting like we lost the gold already, those are the ones I am talking about.

Mercfan, yes she is getting help, but she is still the head coach but us not being there we can't possible know just how much of their input and advice she takes, it's group effort, they will all win together or fail together. In one sentence you say she has got the team playing well, in the next you say she is not a good coach; which is it?

She's not a good coach, but as of right now the team looks well coached. (IMO)

Although, I think there is a few concerns...biggest one being a halfcourt offense. (Which isn't one of AD's better traits) but the defense looks good enough that the US won't need it..haha..

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: