RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NBC's Olympic Basketball Channel
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jersey_stupka

Location: Outer loop of the Capital Beltway heading towards the new National Zoo

PostPosted: 08/09/08 6:37 am    ::: NBC's Olympic Basketball Channel Reply Reply with quote

omg...i hope this keeps up...i'm watching the tape delay of the Aussie and Belarus game...in HD...and its awesome...(sorry to say for those who can't get it...). this is fantastic!!! Dang I love the Aussies...first time seeing PFT in quite a while.... Laughing

Location: Outer loop of the Capital Beltway heading towards the new National Zoo

PostPosted: 08/09/08 6:39 am    ::: Re: NBC's Olympic Basketball Channel Reply Reply with quote

jersey_stupka wrote:
omg...i hope this keeps up...i'm watching the tape delay of the Aussie and Belarus game...in HD...and its awesome...(sorry to say for those who can't get it...). this is fantastic!!! Dang I love the Aussies...first time seeing PFT in quite a while.... Laughing

Dang and someone gave PFT a black eye??? oh man.....there goes the glamour girl photo ops.

PostPosted: 08/09/08 8:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey Jersey, who is your cable provider?

scullyfu

PostPosted: 08/09/08 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

its not comcast. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 08/09/08 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

like someone said in another thread, you can fake out the online stream by entering a zip code where it's available.

here's one i managed to get: 02142
that's cambridge, mass. can't remember which cable system i picked, but there are only a handful. try the basic cable system.

PostPosted: 08/09/08 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JayhawkNYC wrote:
Hey Jersey, who is your cable provider?

Time Warner cable in Northern NJ. Check the online listings for your cable provider. you prolly have it, too, Jayhawk..just have to find it...

this channel is HEAVEN!!!

PostPosted: 08/09/08 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

for DirecTV users, I guess you need HD channel. I have the basic 750-753, but no 754-756 Crying or Very sad No HD Tv. Oh well, the online stream is ok.

PostPosted: 08/09/08 9:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is heaven! I discovered I had this channel last night. I'm watching the Latvia-Russia game now.

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 08/09/08 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: 08/09/08 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very tempted to wait in line at Time Warner and exchange my box -- got my HD TV months ago, but have dreaded waiting in the ridiculously long line at the mall to get the box. This just might be the incentive I needed.

jersey_stupka

PostPosted: 08/09/08 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Barrister15 wrote:
Very tempted to wait in line at Time Warner and exchange my box -- got my HD TV months ago, but have dreaded waiting in the ridiculously long line at the mall to get the box. This just might be the incentive I needed.

please go get it...

i've had HD TV and cable for ages...maybe 7 years or so...and this is the first really big payoff for having it....i was wondering if i can exchange my cable box for one with more inputs/outputs as i just got a dvd r and with all the contraptions connected here and dere...i just plumb run outta ports...dang...gonna have to make some hard choices on what to connect... Wink

PostPosted: 08/09/08 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
like someone said in another thread, you can fake out the online stream by entering a zip code where it's available.

that's cambridge, mass. can't remember which cable system i picked, but there are only a handful. try the basic cable system.

Thank you. You are my hero.

RIP DEEETROIT BAASKETBALL
Sass

PostPosted: 08/09/08 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:

I just logged in using that zip code. Thank you, sambista.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
sambista

PostPosted: 08/09/08 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sass wrote:
sambista wrote:

I just logged in using that zip code. Thank you, sambista.

no prob, rebbies. i think others should list some other zip codes and systems that have worked, so we can suggest to whomever tracks this that there are women's basketball fans all over the country. (and because cambridge isn't that big a town!)

PostPosted: 08/09/08 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What is the channel, people? Dang. Shocked I'm on Direct TV.

PostPosted: 08/09/08 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've got WBB in HD on 754.

PostPosted: 08/09/08 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
What is the channel, people? Dang. Shocked I'm on Direct TV.

On Direct TV the Olympic Basketball Channel is 754

LakotaStorm

PostPosted: 08/09/08 12:51 pm    ::: Re: NBC's Olympic Basketball Channel Reply Reply with quote

jersey_stupka wrote:

No commercials, great channel to have!

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
Dtfan

PostPosted: 08/09/08 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The basketball channel is awesome!! COX in CT has it in HD.......Iam sooo happy! They even replayed the second half of the USA game!!
For once Iam happy with my cable provider!!!

PostPosted: 08/09/08 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey! What channels is BBall on in NYC? -- I have Time Warner.
Thanks!
vickster

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 08/10/08 1:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vickster wrote:
Thanks!
vickster

You need to have HDTV in order to get the Olympic Basketball Channel, if you have it then the channel is 179 (I believe). If not, you can catch games on the USA Network. The next US Women's game is Monday morning at 8am on USA Network, which for Brooklyn and Queensns is Ch 16..

PostPosted: 08/10/08 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vickster wrote:
Thanks!
vickster

For those in NYC with Time Warner, the NBC Basketball channel is 197, but like Str8 said, you need HD... which I have. Jersey, you're right. This channel is awesome.

Barrister15

PostPosted: 08/10/08 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So jealous. Can't trade in my box until we watch all the stuff we have saved in the DVR's memory. Ugh! By the time we get through all that, the Olympics will be over!

ulynxfan

PostPosted: 08/10/08 1:37 pm    ::: Re: NBC's Olympic Basketball Channel Reply Reply with quote

jersey_stupka wrote:

semi-technicall overview of how the site was "built"

mms://mschnlnine.wmod.llnwd.net/a1809/d1/ch9/9/2/9/9/1/4/TCS2NBCOlympics_s_ch9.wmv

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 08/10/08 3:24 pm    ::: Re: NBC's Olympic Basketball Channel Reply Reply with quote

Does ANYONE have Verizon Fios??? My damn cable went out about an hour ago. I have a giant black screen saying "currently unavailable" on every fucking channel!!!

It doesn't help that tonight at midnight Verizon workers go on strike AND there's NO ONE in their customer service dept....AHHHHH!!!!!

I wish I could "share" any Olympic stories...AHHHH!!!!

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: