RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Poor Jackie Stiles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
norwester

PostPosted: 08/07/08 9:05 pm    ::: Poor Jackie Stiles Reply Reply with quote

Profiles of local athletes competing in Beijing

In this article in the Seattle P-I it lists a brief bio of all the athletes who are connected to Seattle in some way. I browsed through it because I saw that Sue was in it. But I was pleasantly surprised that LJ was as well. But upon reading LJ's CV I had to laugh:
Quote:
First overall pick by the Storm in the 2001 WNBA draft. ... Six-time WNBA All-Star. ... Two-time (2003, 2007) WNBA Most Valuable Player. ... 2001 WNBA Rookie of the Year. ... Storm's all-time leader in points, rebounds and blocked shots. ... Won a gold medal with Australia at the 2006 FIBA World Championships. ... Won silver medals with Australia team at the 2004 Olympics, 2002 FIBA World Championships and 2000 Olympics.

If this were a presidential race, by now everyone would accept as fact that LJ won rookie of the year in 2001. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 08/07/08 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dry those sympathy tears, n'wester! Everybody thinks Lisa Leslie won the MVP in 2003 and 2007.

PostPosted: 08/07/08 11:01 pm    ::: Re: Poor Jackie Stiles Reply Reply with quote

norwester wrote:
Profiles of local athletes competing in Beijing

In this article in the Seattle P-I it lists a brief bio of all the athletes who are connected to Seattle in some way. I browsed through it because I saw that Sue was in it. But I was pleasantly surprised that LJ was as well. But upon reading LJ's CV I had to laugh:
Quote:
First overall pick by the Storm in the 2001 WNBA draft. ... Six-time WNBA All-Star. ... Two-time (2003, 2007) WNBA Most Valuable Player. ... 2001 WNBA Rookie of the Year. ... Storm's all-time leader in points, rebounds and blocked shots. ... Won a gold medal with Australia at the 2006 FIBA World Championships. ... Won silver medals with Australia team at the 2004 Olympics, 2002 FIBA World Championships and 2000 Olympics.

If this were a presidential race, by now everyone would accept as fact that LJ won rookie of the year in 2001. Rolling Eyes

"Jumper by Stiles, off the mark...offensive rebound Kristin Fokl, she kicks out, Stiles again...yes!"

PostPosted: 08/08/08 12:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's a really good point, eclair.

PostPosted: 08/08/08 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I miss Jackie and the Fire. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: 08/08/08 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eclair wrote:
Dry those sympathy tears, n'wester! Everybody thinks Lisa Leslie won the MVP in 2003 and 2007.

Jackie who? Lauren who? Sheryl who?

To me, Lisa Leslie is, and always will be, the reigning MVP! Very Happy

Signed,
ANN MEYERS

Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: