RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Lib fans/FBC members
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
el_barrio_96_125

PostPosted: 06/24/05 8:46 pm    ::: Lib fans/FBC members Reply Reply with quote

I'm going out tonight. Is there anything on your minds that you want answered, causing me to buy drinks for a bunch of women who have no interest in me?
jersey_stupka

Location: Outer loop of the Capital Beltway heading towards the new National Zoo

PostPosted: 06/24/05 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

several questions:
what do the players think about the lower attendance at msg?

what do they think about patty and her substitution patterns? are they happy with her?

what is the thinking about nova and ann? do they want a real banger and if so who?

is there a blaze firing pool going among the insiders?

what do the girls think about donaphin and does anyone want her back?

curious minds want to know...

PostPosted: 06/24/05 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the current Libs are all in NC by now, but their people and former players will be in attendance, so I'll see how many questions pertaining to Libs '05 I can get answered.
thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 06/24/05 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

f_blaze_coalition wrote:
I think the current Libs are all in NC by now, but their people will be in attendance, so I'll see how many questions pertaining to Libs '05 I can get answered.

1. is Loree Moore really ready to go? will Becky be moving back to the 2?
2. WHERE in the world is Spoon, exactly?

thanks. one of these days i'd like to buy YOU a drink as a thank you for all this cool inside info Smile

el_barrio_96_125

PostPosted: 06/24/05 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:

thanks. one of these days i'd like to buy YOU a drink as a thank you for all this cool inside info Smile

1. Not the way she's playing.
2. Spoon is somewhere growing her hair. Unfortunately, she's probably still in Jersey, which looking at the time, she shouldn't be.

I'd love that drink one day.
thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 06/24/05 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

f_blaze_coalition wrote:

2. Spoon is somewhere growing her hair. Unfortunately, she's probably still in Jersey, which looking at the time, she shouldn't be.

So, we're left to wonder why Loree was activated and Amisha was IR'd. And I feel bad for Spoon. Any hope in hell that she'd come to a game-- a la Kym and Sue? I miss seeing her; she always makes me smile (well, almost always...)

THANKS! That drink is yours anytime....

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 06/24/05 9:17 pm    ::: Re: Lib fans/FBC members Reply Reply with quote

f_blaze_coalition wrote:
I'm going out tonight. Is there anything on your minds that you want answered, causing me to buy drinks for a bunch of women who have no interest in me?

Yes, who do they feel is going to be left off the protected list Shocked

el_barrio_96_125

PostPosted: 06/24/05 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:
f_blaze_coalition wrote:

So, we're left to wonder why Loree was activated and Amisha was IR'd. And I feel bad for Spoon. Any hope in hell that she'd come to a game-- a la Kym and Sue? I miss seeing her; she always makes me smile (well, almost always...)

THANKS! That drink is yours anytime....

I'll try to find out about the L-Mo situation. As for Spoon, I meant looking at the time on my watch. She's the type to watch the game, find some traffic and end up fashionably late a la Tari. As for whether or not she makes it to a game at MSG; I think she'll show up to one eventually, but that's my opinion. It's not as if Blaze or the league is keeping her away (at least I don't think) because there was no beef at the ASG last year. We (especially Blaze) need to worry about the other 6,000 that have left and actually paid for their seats.
rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 06/24/05 9:33 pm    ::: Loree had a letter today also Reply Reply with quote

It was dated 6/24, of course I have no idea when it was written.

http://aol.wnba.com/liberty/news/LettersFromLoree3.html

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 06/24/05 10:24 pm    ::: Re: Loree had a letter today also Reply Reply with quote

Now there was a revealing letter!!! LOL!!! Do they give her 5 minutes to type her 3 sentences and then she gets kicked out??? C'mon Loree...there's gotta be more to write!!!! Smile

rebkell wrote:
It was dated 6/24, of course I have no idea when it was written.

http://aol.wnba.com/liberty/news/LettersFromLoree3.html

thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 06/24/05 10:31 pm    ::: Re: Loree had a letter today also Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:
Now there was a revealing letter!!! LOL!!! Do they give her 5 minutes to type her 3 sentences and then she gets kicked out??? C'mon Loree...there's gotta be more to write!!!! Smile

it's a pretty lame letter, full of silly cliches, like 'time to buckle down,' 'keep your fingers crossed for me,' and, oh yeah, the sure-to-incite-fan-anger 'god bless.' Wink

*snore*

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 06/24/05 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm still taking it day by day but rehab is going very well I must say.

That was the sentence that caught my eye, seems strange they took her off of IL, just didn't sound like she's ready to go, not to the point of dropping somebody from the active roster. Is there a time frame you have to activate a player for them to be eligible, I would think they could do it right up to gametime, if they wanted to wait and see.

VandyWhit

PostPosted: 06/24/05 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Now there was a revealing letter!!! LOL!!! Do they give her 5 minutes to type her 3 sentences and then she gets kicked out??? C'mon Loree...there's gotta be more to write!!!!

I think that players generally don't realize that fans are often interested in aspects of their lives that they just take for granted -- things like how often do they practice, how long are the practices, how often do they lift, if they're on IR how do they keep fit, what are their living arrangements like, how much free time do they have, what are some of the things they do in their free time, etc., etc. A lot of that isn't interesting to them because it's their every day life, but from a fan's perspective, a glimpse into the every day life of a WNBA player is interesting.

thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 06/24/05 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
Quote:

That was the sentence that caught my eye, seems strange they took her off of IL, just didn't sound like she's ready to go, not to the point of dropping somebody from the active roster. Is there a time frame you have to activate a player for them to be eligible, I would think they could do it right up to gametime, if they wanted to wait and see.

i agree. curiouser and curiouser.

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 06/24/05 10:44 pm    ::: Re: Loree had a letter today also Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:

LOL, the other 2 that she wrote were longer.

PostPosted: 06/25/05 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jersey_stupka wrote:
several questions:
what do the players think about the lower attendance at msg?

what do they think about patty and her substitution patterns? are they happy with her?

what is the thinking about nova and ann? do they want a real banger and if so who?

is there a blaze firing pool going among the insiders?

what do the girls think about donaphin and does anyone want her back?

curious minds want to know...

I'm awake and I'm sober, so I'm going to do these one at a time and then add on:

The attendance is surprising. However it was noted that the media coverage also seems to be less and maybe the team is not doing enough to drum up interest for those people who don't come anymore because the novelty has worn off. Marketing Becky is good to an extent but there has to be some balance. The Libs are no longer in the 'hood and the FFO is underestimating the importance of that market. They don't have that attitude, relatability or swagger that the girls who play ball at 141st once identified with.

They still like Patty. They like that the team is running more and the defensive intensity seems to be picking up recently. Patty can't mess up having the ball in Becky's hands when she's got a 6'4 moving target. If all stays the same and they can't get anyone else, the team should be built around those 2 and Shameka. However, Patty sometimes looks lost and may not be the coach that gets them across the finish line. Her substitution patterns are as one said, weird and confused on her part as if she is trying to find the perfect combination, which should be done in practice. Patty is a great assistant who may be better served in that position but everyone agreed that it's not like other head coaches currently employed are that much better than Patty, if at all unless you're talking about Mike, SFO, Richie, Anne or Suzy. "5 or 6 coaches in this league are simply assistants in head coaching positions, it's all relative." Her wardrobe got a thumbs down.

Nova and Ann should not play together. Nova is feeling the effects of year round ball at her age and is missing a banger like Tari. They feel the Yo deal would have helped her greatly if she wasn't to be included in it. If Ann and Nova learn to play together and either one decides to become the aggressive one, the Libs would be unstoppable. Nova struggles with her shot because she's thinking too much and too unselfish. As for what other banger to get, there's noone available right now.

The Blaze firing pool begins if the Libs don't make the playoffs because supposedly the weekday attendance is showing no signs of future improvement and weekends are falling between 9 and 12,000. Not making the playoffs or getting blasted in the first round and having bad attendance (by Lib standards) is a double no-no. So let the Libs wallow between 3 and 5 and watch Blaze fall victim to the new contract jinx at MSG.

However, she has more pull than a tractor trailor, so it's going to take fan anger and red ink to get Dolan to act. One possibility was bringing in someone else to make player personnel decisions since the Libs always did well as far as coverage, attendance and merchandise when they were winning. However, Val gave Blaze Spoon and Becky, Hargrove gave her Tari and everyone else from those high attendance teams other than VJ fell into her lap. SO if you give her a good team with personality that appeals to more than Long Island and Connecticut AAU girls and a competent coach, she should be ok. It's not like she got here for nothing. She does do something well, just not decision making as it pertains to on the court.

Donaphin's a nice girl with a bright future, just not in basketball.
el_barrio_96_125

PostPosted: 06/25/05 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:
1. is Loree Moore really ready to go? will Becky be moving back to the 2?

1. It's going to take some time for her to get into the flow of what they're doing, but she's been paying attention and learning from the bench and in practice. It's not as if she's learning Richie's plays.

Becky will move to the 2 when L-Mo proves competent. Having her should allow more rest for VJ and the abolition of the horrible decision to play Crystal at the 2. However, the chances of Becky starting at the 2 and playing more than 5-10 minutes a game there this season are unlikely.

2. New Jersey
el_barrio_96_125

PostPosted: 06/25/05 11:31 am    ::: Re: Lib fans/FBC members Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Yes, who do they feel is going to be left off the protected list Shocked

Protected:

Becky
VJ
Ann
Shameka
Loree
Elena

Retired:

Crystal

Unprotected:

The dead weight on the bench and the undersized but full of heart D-Train, unless Moore turns out to be a complete bust.
el_barrio_96_125

PostPosted: 06/25/05 11:32 am    ::: Re: Loree had a letter today also Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:

It's edited and not indicative of how cool L-Mo really is.
el_barrio_96_125

PostPosted: 06/25/05 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
Quote:

Apparently, they felt like Carter wasn't doing much of anything anyway, so why not?
el_barrio_96_125

PostPosted: 06/25/05 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

VandyWhit wrote:
I think that players generally don't realize that fans are often interested in aspects of their lives that they just take for granted -- things like how often do they practice, how long are the practices, how often do they lift, if they're on IR how do they keep fit, what are their living arrangements like, how much free time do they have, what are some of the things they do in their free time, etc., etc. A lot of that isn't interesting to them because it's their every day life, but from a fan's perspective, a glimpse into the every day life of a WNBA player is interesting.

They'd love to tell you all of those things, but TPTB tell them it's not important and you don't care.
bigsportzbabe

PostPosted: 06/25/05 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So...FBC...

Who all was out last night?

Who did you get to grill..er...speak with?

Location: Outer loop of the Capital Beltway heading towards the new National Zoo

PostPosted: 06/25/05 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Hargrove gave her Tari and everyone else from those high attendance teams other than VJ fell into her lap.

i knew i liked hargrove for some reason.

wow FBC...you got some memory while drinking the santo domingos...
and i was wondering when you'd get out of bed...lol

guess now i'm wondering what the libs think about their chances this year...sounds like they have more confidence playing for patty. pieces are starting to come together for them. if i had to guess, ann will become the more "aggressive" of the twin towers combo...but aggressive will be relative. with all the beotching about the Di-Nasty/De-Nasty incident, you'd think Ann's play would be more appreciated.

what are the members thinking really about Ann??

do they think a superstar such as coleslaw would have turned attendance around in NYC?

certainly winning will but barring the Baby having a breakout season and getting a marquis playa, don't see this happenning. i'll admit to being envious at uconn's success which seems due in a large part to Mike T. cuz i sure don't see any supastars on uconn...(don't shoot me uconn fans)...
lindsay=becky
sales=vj, baby
taj formerly= tari
douglas=crob
dydek=ann

PostPosted: 06/25/05 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tamara moore doesn't appear in any of those equations? has it already been decided that she is not gonna be the liberty's point guard? that she'll simply step in to give becky a rest until l-mo can do the job?

PostPosted: 06/25/05 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
wow FBC...you got some memory while drinking the santo domingos...
and i was wondering when you'd get out of bed...lol

I have worked very hard over the years to acquire pissy drunk yet coherent capabilities.

Quote:
guess now i'm wondering what the libs think about their chances this year...sounds like they have more confidence playing for patty. pieces are starting to come together for them. if i had to guess, ann will become the more "aggressive" of the twin towers combo...but aggressive will be relative. with all the beotching about the Di-Nasty/De-Nasty incident, you'd think Ann's play would be more appreciated.

what are the members thinking really about Ann??

do they think a superstar such as coleslaw would have turned attendance around in NYC?

certainly winning will but barring the Baby having a breakout season and getting a marquis playa, don't see this happenning. i'll admit to being envious at uconn's success which seems due in a large part to Mike T. cuz i sure don't see any supastars on uconn...(don't shoot me uconn fans)...
lindsay=becky
sales=vj, baby
taj formerly= tari
douglas=crob
dydek=ann

It's hard to peg how they feel about Wauters. They like her play on the court, but I'm not sure we'll see her at any FBC parties. Her teamates seem to like her though.

Holdsclaw would have made a sure difference as far as attendance.

BSB, as long as I buy, they talk. Since I know the promoter and the owner of the club, my drinks are free anyway, so there was a lot of talking going on. Member #11 was in the building, but very uh, busy I'll say, and when we did talk it wasn't about the Libs except for how great Becky's been lately. Other FBC members were mostly Blaze's former minions, Knicks employees, league employees, Lib girlfriends and buddies and a media member who covers the team from time to time. Mc Lyte was there (it was her party), Pam from "Martin", Spoon's girl, the Queen, and that whole NY, DC, Hollywood crew. I think I saw the body beautiful Oohzee hanging with them, but by that time I was wasted.

Bibb, T. Moore's future is suspect. I don't know why since she's been doing good, but maybe her and L. Moore will battle it out.[/i]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: