RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Opals opponents 'risk being killed'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AAEmotion

PostPosted: 08/06/08 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
For someone who supposedly wants to avoid confrontation, you sure do go out of your way to be a jerk to me. Interesting.

Luuuc is being the jerk? Laughing That's gold. He was stating facts, you're simply hanging shit on someone who's won a world championship as the starting floor general, and did very well doing so.

You say she's a wimp and can't handle international play, but all the evidence points to otherwise.

PostPosted: 08/06/08 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AAEmotion wrote:
Luuuc is being the jerk? Laughing That's gold.

Yes, he's being a jerk. I'm not appreciative of his snippy tone, and I have the right to express that sentiment. What's he going to do about it? I'm not being disrespectful--just speaking my mind without sugarcoating.

AAEmotion wrote:
He was stating facts, you're simply hanging shit on someone who's won a world championship as the starting floor general, and did very well doing so.

What facts? The 2006 World Championship? Is that all? What about proof that she can hang against athletic players like the ones that play in the WNBA today?

AAEmotion wrote:
You say she's a wimp and can't handle international play, but all the evidence points to otherwise.

Refresh my memory, please. Where has she played professionally since 2005?

Once again, I say WIMP. She should save the crocodile tears and bellyaching for someone who cares. If the shrimp could survive physical play, she'd be on a WNBA roster seeing as how she's considered by the "experts" to be one of her country's top players.

Mathies to LA 2013
eclair

PostPosted: 08/06/08 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I mean really! Do you actually think Batgirl said "peeved"? I'm certain that the Aussie-sympathtic press whitewashed that notorious urine-verb to Beijing and back in order to make Suzie seem more Creamcheese.

When you consider the fact that such rat bastards as Shed and Luuuuuuc are Australian, it only makes sense. Aussies=Wimps. Angry Wimps. Angry press-manipulating wimps. Screw em. Very Happy

edit to add: I forgot all about aaemotion. See the above paragraph and cube it!!! Laughing

PostPosted: 08/06/08 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Refresh my memory, please. Where has she played professionally since 2005?

Dude ... I said INTERNATIONALLY not WNBA. Internationally meaning international competitions.

And really ... if you can't handle a "snippy" tone, then maybe you need to stop giving out so much shit. You know the old saying - you give it, you take it.

But seriously, call her a wimp. Every one else knows she's not, so enjoy yourself Laughing

PostPosted: 08/06/08 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AAEmotion wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
For someone who supposedly wants to avoid confrontation, you sure do go out of your way to be a jerk to me. Interesting.

Luuuc is being the jerk? Laughing That's gold. He was stating facts, you're simply hanging shit on someone who's won a world championship as the starting floor general, and did very well doing so.

Facts? Where the fuck are the facts in the post? The terms 'magnificently', and 'useful' are nothing but opinions. The only way Luuuc would be stating facts would be if he/she were to post her stats. All the rest is nothing but opinions.

Appears as if we can't distinguish facts from opinions, now can we? Laughing

Suzy Q should let the leaders of the team, like Lauren Jackson and Penny Taylor, do the shit talking. She's a scrub compared to most of the players on her own team, not to mention the players on the team whom she's trying to insult.

AAEmotion

PostPosted: 08/06/08 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballequalslife wrote:
Facts? Where the fuck are the facts in the post?

*sigh* so I have to explain the same thing a 2nd time? Yay for lack of comprehension and selective reading! Laughing

Old mate up there said Kristi was a WIMP who couldn't hack it in INTERNATIONAL competition.

Luuuc simply stated the FACT that Kristi was indeed, our starting point guard for the World Championship winning Opals.

Therein lies the fact!

It really seems that I'm not the one here, who's having trouble distinguishing between fact and opinion Laughing

PostPosted: 08/06/08 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Be Scared, Very Scared

Quote:

"In terms of physicality we're used to playing against teams that are going to beat the crap out of us, because we're so good,'' Jackson said.

"People have to stop us somehow, and that's the way they're going to stop us especially people like us; Penny and myself and Belinda Snell who you just can't let go to the basket because we'll kill people.

"So they're going to really stop us anyway that they can and generally that's when black eyes and broken bones occur."

I am loving this version of the Opals! We've not only got the camaraderie, but we've got the swag. I truly believe these girls think the gold is theirs and that's the sort of mentality they must maintain.

PostPosted: 08/06/08 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AAEmotion wrote:
bballequalslife wrote:
Facts? Where the fuck are the facts in the post?

*sigh* so I have to explain the same thing a 2nd time? Yay for lack of comprehension and selective reading! Laughing

Old mate up there said Kristi was a WIMP who couldn't hack it in INTERNATIONAL competition.

Luuuc simply stated the FACT that Kristi was indeed, our starting point guard for the World Championship winning Opals.

Therein lies the fact!

It really seems that I'm not the one here, who's having trouble distinguishing between fact and opinion Laughing

Laughing Speaking of selective reading, the 'old mate' who called her a wimp, said she couldn't cut it in the WNBA while stating that the WNBA and international competition are different.

Get it? Rolling Eyes

Last edited by bballequalslife on 08/06/08 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
AAEmotion

PostPosted: 08/06/08 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballequalslife wrote:
'old mate'

Aw. How did I know you were going to say something about that? It's cute, really, that people take the Aussie use of the term 'mate' so literally. 'Old Mate' is a figure of speech, not a statement saying that they're an elderly man Laughing

And actually, initially, they said 'Are you kidding me? This is basketball at its highest level' - in reference to the International competition know as the Olympics. Which insinuates that international basketball is indeed, the highest level of competition ... actually, its not an insinuation, it was a direct quotation.

PostPosted: 08/06/08 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AAEmotion wrote:
bballequalslife wrote:
'old mate'

Aw. How did I know you were going to say something about that? It's cute, really, that people take the Aussie use of the term 'mate' so literally. 'Old Mate' is a figure of speech, not a statement saying that they're an elderly man Laughing

And actually, initially, they said 'Are you kidding me? This is basketball at its highest level' - in reference to the International competition know as the Olympics. Which insinuates that international basketball is indeed, the highest level of competition ... actually, its not an insinuation, it was a direct quotation.

Okay. Um...I don't know exactly what you're talking about with the 'old mate' comment. I just used the term (in quotations) because it was something you typed, hence the quotations.

And as for your last comment: um...so? Neutral That comment came from justification that there will be physical play and the Aussies should expect it. It had nothing to do with the suckiness Batkovic or the other gal. Laughing

Ottie

PostPosted: 08/06/08 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

paigeme wrote:
Be Scared, Very Scared

Quote:

"In terms of physicality we're used to playing against teams that are going to beat the crap out of us, because we're so good,'' Jackson said.

"People have to stop us somehow, and that's the way they're going to stop us especially people like us; Penny and myself and Belinda Snell who you just can't let go to the basket because we'll kill people.

"So they're going to really stop us anyway that they can and generally that's when black eyes and broken bones occur."

I am loving this version of the Opals! We've not only got the camaraderie, but we've got the swag. I truly believe these girls think the gold is theirs and that's the sort of mentality they must maintain.

OMG I laughed out loud when I saw this headline! At least this might mean they won't inturrupt the Opals games with endless swimming heats if people are expecting carnage on the court Laughing

TDAO

PostPosted: 08/06/08 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kristi Harrower played 2,905 career WNBA minutes. We're to believe that not a single one of those was justified?

As for Batkovic, she posted an 18.6 PER (league average: 15.0) as a rookie without the benefit of a training camp. I would be curious what argument besides her being a "wimp," whatever that means, there is to suggest she was undeserving of playing time.

p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 08/06/08 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Yeah, Kristi sucks just enough to lead us to a world championship, in which she played magnificently.

...and gutted out the Gold Medal match -- 15 points, five assists -- on a badly sprained ankle picked up two nights earlier against Brazil.

Luuuc wrote:
I recall Kristi being a more than useful player for the Mercury.

She's also one of the rarest breeds in all sport: Key contributor to a Lynx playoff team, joining Katie Smith and Teresa Edwards in 2003's three-guard rotation...

'Shrimp' key to Opals' hopes
Quote:
Harrower hasn't decided yet when she will hang up the high-tops.

"My husband reckons I can go another Olympics," she said.

"But I'll be 37. I look at it and probably say it's my last Olympics, but I might have another world championships in me.

"Especially if the same group's still together. I'd like to try to win back-to-back world championships."

paigeme

PostPosted: 08/06/08 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ottie wrote:
paigeme wrote:
Be Scared, Very Scared

Quote:

OMG I laughed out loud when I saw this headline! At least this might mean they won't inturrupt the Opals games with endless swimming heats if people are expecting carnage on the court Laughing

God love the Aussie media, right? Seriously mates, you shouldn't get riled up with these quotes as it is very likely they are all taken out of context, and aren't nearly as inflammatory as it would seem. That's just our reporters for you. Take the Harrower quotes, for example. Yes, at first she used the word "dirty" but quickly amended it to "most physical international match", but, of course, the newspapers ran with the first quote. And Loz and Co. have been very careful to not get into the trash-talking games with Team USA. Like I've said, I'm sure America doesn't give a fig as they're probably worried about even getting to the Gold medal match first.

Is anyone else entertaining the prospects of Loz being the flag-bearer? That would be tremendous, so huge for her and the Opals.

Last edited by paigeme on 08/06/08 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
AAEmotion

PostPosted: 08/06/08 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TDAO wrote:
Kristi Harrower played 2,905 career WNBA minutes. We're to believe that not a single one of those was justified?

As for Batkovic, she posted an 18.6 PER (league average: 15.0) as a rookie without the benefit of a training camp. I would be curious what argument besides her being a "wimp," whatever that means, there is to suggest she was undeserving of playing time.

Shocked How DARE you use logic?! Laughing

And Ottie, we can only hope! haha. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm going to watch probably every minute of the swimming (2 kids from my town on the squad), but still ... a little uninterrupted basketball would be nice!

PostPosted: 08/06/08 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's funny 2 me lol, I hope she keeps on running her mouth... Very Happy . thanks a lot whoever you are lol...

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/06/08 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was just about to respond with some "facts" (i.e. stats) for BBF2005, but I see TDAO has pretty much already addressed the point I was going to make.

Kristi played 20mpg for Phoenix and up to 24mpg for Minnesota. She played 158 games in the WNBA, and that would have been considerably more if it weren't for her self-enforced "no start, no play" policy towards Minnesota.
And as for being a wimp, my recollection is the exact opposite. She was always undersized, but always feisty, and was never afraid so set a screen against an opposition center to get Gillom an open look.

bballfan2005 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
I recall Kristi being a more than useful player for the Mercury.

Which is why the held onto her, right? Oh wait...

That is an incredibly weak counterpoint. (Oh, in my opinion)

P.S. Sorry for the snippy tone. Ill-informed claims do that to me sometimes, but I should have expressed myself better I agree.

Last edited by Luuuc on 08/06/08 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
eclair

PostPosted: 08/06/08 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I bet you say "pissed", too. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: 08/06/08 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

paigeme wrote:
Is anyone else entertaining the prospects of Loz being the flag-bearer? That would be tremendous, so huge for her and the Opals.

I'd like to see it, but I'd also like to see James Tomkins with it. He's as deserving as any one!

PostPosted: 08/06/08 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd be surprised if they let another basketballer do it so soon (in olympic terms) after Gaze, but Loz would certainly have to be in the running.

PostPosted: 08/06/08 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aussies just need to understand one thing. Something on the order of 98% of Americans believe might ALWAYS makes right. That's why, for instance, George Bush and Dick Cheney were not only elected, but reelected by a bigger margin after they started the Iraq War.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/06/08 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And Americans also just need to understand one thing.
Mess with Loz and you will die! Laughing

PostPosted: 08/06/08 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

As long as we end up in heaven/nirvana/enlightenment/cool place of your choice afterward...
norwester

PostPosted: 08/06/08 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

Or at least lose big hunks of hair (no...it will never die). Wink

I love the new title of this thread! Killed?! Laughing Not that death is intrinsically funny. I wish I could think of some inflammatory things to say. Maybe later. I clearly can't keep up with the Aussie media. Perhaps you should leave some things up to the professionals.

PostPosted: 08/06/08 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

norwester wrote:
I wish I could think of some inflammatory things to say. Maybe later. I clearly can't keep up with the Aussie media. Perhaps you should leave some things up to the professionals.

I would suggest just saying Hammon is a traitor and calling it good.

(Please note that I am only joking, Hammonites. Please don't invade the good-natured Aussie-U.S. back-and-forth.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: