RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Opals opponents 'risk being killed'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballequalslife

PostPosted: 08/09/08 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I suppose the 'war of words' was Lisa Leslie saying "Okay. Whatever!", mikey. Rolling Eyes Laughing

mikey87

PostPosted: 08/09/08 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballequalslife wrote:
I suppose the 'war of words' was Lisa Leslie saying "Okay. Whatever!", mikey. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Laughing

norwester

PostPosted: 08/09/08 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So are we saying LJ actually ended the war of words with her own media? It fits.

PostPosted: 08/09/08 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
stever wrote:
...more from yahoo sports:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080807/sp_nm/olympics_basketball_us_dc_2

I'm amazed at how focused we are as a team. I think Russia beating us in the Worlds was the worst thing that could've happened for everyone else. This team isn't going home without the gold.

Well, it just got a little easier. I thought there was going to be the big 3(USA, Aus, Rus) but it looks more like the big 2 and 1/2. Russia looks very shaky.

I hope to god that the Opals and Team Usa both stay healthy and are playing in the gold medal game Laughing . It will be a game for the ages.

PostPosted: 08/09/08 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It sure will.
Cappie Pondexter vs Jenni Screen
Sylvia Fowles vs Hollie Grima
Candace Parker vs Laura Summerton
... and many other blockbuster matchups Razz

PostPosted: 08/09/08 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
It sure will.

There 10 players on the court at all times. And the Opals have the best 2 all around players in the world Cool

PostPosted: 08/09/08 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone's words were taken out of context with this dispute. But a few things are clear. First, these Aussie players have played international basketball for ages. And it is obvious that the games are physical, with more contact being permitted in these games than in say, the WNBA. All the commentators say so as well...and my eyes definitely tell me it is true. Given that, why the complaints at all? The USA had several players put on their asses in the second half of the game against the Czech Republic, and they dealt with it. This is basketball at its highest level. It is going to be extremely physical, and the players all know that very well. Whether their words were taken out of context, again, I don't know. But I quite frankly don't understand the rationale behind complaining at all. They should already know what to expect.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/09/08 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It certainly can get physical. On the other hand they seem very strict on incidental contact at times - especially reaching over someone else in a rebounding situation.
They've been pretty strict on travelling as well from what I've seen so far (which is a good thing IMO)

As long as the games are called the same way for both teams, and the same way all tournament, then I can't complain.

PostPosted: 08/10/08 12:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think it's more physical in the post, but perhaps my perceptions are colored by how strictly they call the rebounds, as you say. The perimeter is definitely more physical, though. We'll see who can stand up.

PostPosted: 08/10/08 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JACKOWACKO wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
It sure will.

There 10 players on the court at all times. And the Opals have the best 2 all around players in the world Cool

LJ is definitely the best in the world, Penny is close. I agree with AD in that Sylvia, if she avoids anymore injuries in the near future, will be as good as LJ, someday. I can imagine what Candace Parker would be like without shoulder injuries Shocked she would be closer in skills to LJ then she is now. Very Happy

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: