RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

VJ Would Love to come back to Israel!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 06/24/05 3:53 pm    ::: VJ Would Love to come back to Israel! Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
“I’d love to come back to Israel”, said Johnson to ‘Safsal’ and added a stare towards her agent. But so far there hasn’t been a serious offer from an Israeli team for who’s arguably the greatest player to pass through our league.

Johnson is considered a big star in Israel, but in the WNBA, not really. She has missed just six games in nine seasons and is NY’s leading scorer of all time, she’s ranked in the top 10 of every category in the Liberty’s record book, but a quick glance around MSG shows there aren’t too many people wearing #55 jerseys. But with 1:49 to go in the Phoenix game, as Johnson drove the lane for a typical lefty layup, 12,428 people got up and cheered as the announcer informed them of the milestone. “It felt great – it brought a tear to my eye”, VJ said. “I truly appreciate it. I love playing here, and I hope I finish my career here”.

http://www.safsal.co.il/earticle.aspx?id=3063

Idea

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 06/24/05 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

of COURSE she does! while the 4 months off to rehab did wonders for her body (and her game this season, i think) it was no help to her bank account. She gets good $$ in israel.

PostPosted: 06/24/05 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RedEqualsLuck wrote:
of COURSE she does! while the 4 months off to rehab did wonders for her body (and her game this season, i think) it was no help to her bank account. She gets good $$ in israel.

just curious - anyone know what kind of $$ the players make in israel? italy? russia? i know it's more than the W, but are their salaries public info?

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 06/24/05 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:
RedEqualsLuck wrote:

just curious - anyone know what kind of $$ the players make in israel? italy? russia? i know it's more than the W, but are their salaries public info?

No, they aren't Neutral

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: