RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

FIBA Diamond Ball Tournament for Women
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bullsky

PostPosted: 08/01/08 11:37 am    ::: FIBA Diamond Ball Tournament for Women Reply Reply with quote

...Starts tomorrow in Haining.

http://www.haining2008.fiba.com/

Group A: Australia, China, Mali.
Group B: Latvia, Russia, USA.

PostPosted: 08/01/08 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

televised??

dukegirl125

PostPosted: 08/01/08 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

it would be awesome if it was that's for sure! Smile

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/01/08 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's supposedly being televised on one of our channels over here (although not one I get, unfortunately). That may mean that there will be some dubiously legal methods of viewing the games online. I'll let people know here if I find any.

bullsky

PostPosted: 08/01/08 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

newkid wrote:
televised??

I'm looking into it. It'll probably be on CCTV (China's main Television Network). I'll keep you updated.

PostPosted: 08/01/08 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It looks like they will be online. The link is below. What you do is click, 'WATCH TV' then you select CCTV-5. The broadcasting will most likely be in chinese, since it's a major network there.

http://pages.tvunetworks.com/

PostPosted: 08/01/08 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, if anyone can find a stream for British Eurosport 2, they're showing pretty much every game and the commentary will actually be in English (personally I find it practically unbearable watching complete games with commentary in an unintelligible language, and mute is nearly as bad).

overandback

PostPosted: 08/01/08 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
It looks like they will be online. The link is below. What you do is click, 'WATCH TV' then you select CCTV-5. The broadcasting will most likely be in chinese, since it's a major network there.

http://pages.tvunetworks.com/

Note, I had to download the TVUPlayer to see anything - but it works like a charm and does not seem to come with any adware or other nasties. The stream quality is impressive.

In case y'all don't already know this, it's a P2P program and they apparently picked up a ton of US users during the 2006 FIFA World Cup. It is not necessarily compliant with copyright law but there don't seem to be any major legal actions against it ... yet.

I couldn't find CCTV-5, but I did find CCTV-6 (showing what looked like a low-budget 80s movie) and now I'm watching the "chinese moral education story" channel. Smile I hope CCTV5 will appear when we need it.

bullsky

PostPosted: 08/01/08 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CCTV5 should show up at some point. Thats where they broadcasted the FIVB Grand Prix and I watched those matches on it.

PostPosted: 08/01/08 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I went to the tab that says TV GUIDE and in the drop down box it has the CCSTV-5 and it will allow you to put in your time zone to figure out what time you should tune in to catch the games. They are there for sure!
Cool

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 08/01/08 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was wondering if they were going to show at least the US games on TV here, they have been showing the Men's teams Pre Olympic games on ESPN 2 (there are 2 games left)..

Being able to watch it online is better than not seeing it at all..

PostPosted: 08/01/08 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Yeah, if anyone can find a stream for British Eurosport 2, they're showing pretty much every game and the commentary will actually be in English (personally I find it practically unbearable watching complete games with commentary in an unintelligible language, and mute is nearly as bad).

They have a stream on their website, but it's limited geographically and I got "sorry not available" here in the US. I tried a British proxy, but they want 5 Euros for a month subscription and I don't even know if I could get a watchable stream from it. Thinking it over...

Isn't this the sort of thing you're supposed to use Slingbox for these days...?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/01/08 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

overandback wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

They have a stream on their website, but it's limited geographically and I got "sorry not available" here in the US. I tried a British proxy, but they want 5 Euros for a month subscription and I don't even know if I could get a watchable stream from it. Thinking it over...

Isn't this the sort of thing you're supposed to use Slingbox for these days...?

Yeah, websites have gotten much better at blocking viewers by territory/geography. Although I admit I haven't tried all that hard to circumnavigate, because most of the stuff I'd watch on sites blocked in the UK is either available via other channels or wouldn't be available anyway without paying.

No idea whether Slingbox would work over here (never seen it advertised on these shores), but even if it did you'd need it connected to a British TV with cable/sattelite that had British Eurosport 2 in its package. Unless you're a big fan of tennis, surfing, rallying or other thoroughly niche sports, I wouldn't suggest bothering. The basketball coverage is an aberration amongst their usual fare, believe me.

bullsky

PostPosted: 08/01/08 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's more links for the broadcasts:

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

All you do is click 'NEXT', but make sure you click the one at the top of the list. Then you'll see the games listed.

PostPosted: 08/01/08 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay, so correct me if I'm wrong...the first USA game will be sunday at 9:35 (AM)

PostPosted: 08/01/08 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Okay, so correct me if I'm wrong...the first USA game will be sunday at 9:35 (AM)

My maths says either 3.30am or 7.30am Eastern US time, Sunday morning, for the first US game. The confusion between those two comes because the USA Basketball site has the US playing in the early game on Sunday - click here and scroll down - whereas the official site has them playing in the later game - click here. I'm more inclined to believe the official site, which would make tip-off 7.30am Eastern (I believe).

There's a 12-hour difference between Eastern US time and Beijing, so any listed time is exactly the same, just in the morning instead of the evening or vice-versa.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/01/08 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

My maths says either 3.30am or 7.30am Eastern US time, Sunday morning, for the first US game. The confusion between those two comes because the USA Basketball site has the US playing in the early game on Sunday - click here and scroll down - whereas the official site has them playing in the later game - click here. I'm more inclined to believe the official site, which would make tip-off 7.30am Eastern (I believe).

There's a 12-hour difference between Eastern US time and Beijing, so any listed time is exactly the same, just in the morning instead of the evening or vice-versa.

Okay then...never mind watching that.. Wink I'll wake up early enough for the actual olympics..

PostPosted: 08/01/08 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:

All you do is click 'NEXT', but make sure you click the one at the top of the list. Then you'll see the games listed.

So of the two u provided, which link would you recommend? Thanks btw..."Bullsky" Laughing
p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 08/01/08 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Eurosport 2 shows up here, although the video quality is dodgy compared with CCTV-5...

bullsky

PostPosted: 08/01/08 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

flojojr2007 wrote:
bullsky wrote:

So of the two u provided, which link would you recommend? Thanks btw..."Bullsky" Laughing

Using channelsurfing's link is probably easier. So I'd use that.

PostPosted: 08/01/08 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Russian game that is supposed to be played Today, what time does it come on? I don't want to miss Becky and her team..

PostPosted: 08/01/08 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Str8_Butta wrote:
The Russian game that is supposed to be played Today, what time does it come on? I don't want to miss Becky and her team..

I think 2 am CT but I'm a bit confused. On the official site, they have the countdown ending at midnight (CT). One would think that would mean the start to the first game, but I don't know.

PostPosted: 08/01/08 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Str8_Butta wrote:
The Russian game that is supposed to be played Today, what time does it come on?

Russia vs. Latvia -- 3:30 a.m. EDT
Mali vs. China -- 7:30 a.m. EDT

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 08/01/08 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
Str8_Butta wrote:
The Russian game that is supposed to be played Today, what time does it come on?

Russia vs. Latvia -- 3:30 a.m. EDT
Mali vs. China -- 7:30 a.m. EDT

Thank you!

I wonder if I can stay up that long... I at least want to see if it the video works OK, so I can be ready for the US game.

PostPosted: 08/02/08 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was skimming thru and saw that nbatv is broadcasting some USA mens games from macao china its a shame they can't do same for women and their pre Olympic tournament Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: