RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

FIBA Diamond Ball Tournament for Women
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 08/02/08 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
Mali's lost their momentum. Maiga was on the bench for a long time.

Yes, China put the game out of reach during her absence. Nearly flawless execution for the hosts in a 56-point second half, looking much more like the team that beat the U.S. in April. The youthful Mali squad has little in the way of guard play, and their disorganization on defense proved fatal once China started hitting the same open shots that were misfiring in the first half...

BirdTheWord

PostPosted: 08/02/08 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

will there be any archived games for these kind of tournament...i cant get any of the channel to work....

paigeme

PostPosted: 08/02/08 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
Even factoring in their normal sandbagging at this stage, not an encouraging sign for the Russians. Arteshina's absence is significant, and Vodopyanova seems to have fallen completely off Grudin's radar in favor of Osipova, who doesn't have nearly the bulk to trade effectively in the paint. Jekabsone was able to get a shot whenever and wherever she needed to, keeping Latvia in control for most of the final 30 minutes. Very curious to see how the U.S. chooses to attack either of these teams; there are a multitude of options...

I really like Osipova's play with Spartak, but I would agree she doesn't have the bulk to run around with the likes of Leslie or LJ. Also, she tends to get frustrated with physicality.

PostPosted: 08/02/08 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They're reshowing Latvia/Russia on the British Eurosport.

PostPosted: 08/02/08 10:47 am    ::: ! Reply Reply with quote

For anyone that has been watching the British broadcasts, what do you think of the commentary? Laughing

PostPosted: 08/02/08 10:49 am    ::: Re: ! Reply Reply with quote

Rebels wrote:
For anyone that has been watching the British broadcasts, what do you think of the commentary? Laughing

This guy sounds bitter that he's doing the games, but he isn't horrible. Still, it'd be nice if he didn't say "I feel lost, like I don't know where I am" Confused Laughing

PostPosted: 08/02/08 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
Even factoring in their normal sandbagging at this stage, not an encouraging sign for the Russians. Arteshina's absence is significant, and Vodopyanova seems to have fallen completely off Grudin's radar in favor of Osipova, who doesn't have nearly the bulk to trade effectively in the paint. Jekabsone was able to get a shot whenever and wherever she needed to, keeping Latvia in control for most of the final 30 minutes. Very curious to see how the U.S. chooses to attack either of these teams; there are a multitude of options...

If Russia keeps playing like this the US may never have to play them in the Olympics (or they might get them as early as the quarter-finals, which will scare the crap out of Donovan). I know I've given Donovan a lot of stick in recent times and I don't want to turn this into another thread debating her, but I don't really expect the US to attack either of these teams in a specific manner. They'll just go out and play, and hope that's enough, if history is anything to go by.

I wasn't really surprised by Russia losing. They've had some dreadful results in the warm-ups even considering their usual slow play building into tournaments. Australia-USA is looking a more and more probable Olympic final, barring almighty screw-ups.

And to answer The Artist Formerly Known as O][K's question, any stream I tried was crappy, at best. The couple of different CCTV-5 streams I tried were constantly buffering and basically unwatchable. I'll give the Eurosport stream Roofpage posted a shot for the next games and see what happens. Or I could even go to the pub for the second game and try to get them to put it on for me. I tend to get funny looks when I ask to watch women's basketball in the local though...

bullsky

PostPosted: 08/02/08 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The other eurosport link buffers a lot too. Right now they're showing the Latvia/Russia game, just like the British Eurosport, and it's buffering and stopping. I never had any issues watching the volleyball a couple weeks ago. Shocked

PostPosted: 08/02/08 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone know if any channel will be showing USA vs Latvia? it doesn't seem to be on the schedule

bullsky

PostPosted: 08/02/08 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ulynxfan wrote:
Anyone know if any channel will be showing USA vs Latvia? it doesn't seem to be on the schedule

CCTV5 in China and Eurosport2 should carry our game tomorrow morning.

PostPosted: 08/02/08 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:

Thanks, I looked at channelsurfing schedule for tomorrow, and they didn't have it (although they had USA vs Russia for monday). but it might just be that they haven't updated the site.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 08/02/08 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

If Russia keeps playing like this the US may never have to play them in the Olympics (or they might get them as early as the quarter-finals, which will scare the crap out of Donovan). I know I've given Donovan a lot of stick in recent times and I don't want to turn this into another thread debating her, but I don't really expect the US to attack either of these teams in a specific manner. They'll just go out and play, and hope that's enough, if history is anything to go by.

So Russia is "playing opossum" again...

bullsky

PostPosted: 08/02/08 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ulynxfan wrote:
bullsky wrote:

Thanks, I looked at channelsurfing schedule for tomorrow, and they didn't have it (although they had USA vs Russia for monday). but it might just be that they haven't updated the site.

Channelsurfing has been slow lately in updating. You might not have noticed, but when you click next, it gives you todays schedule again. As we get closer to midnight ET, it updates.

PostPosted: 08/02/08 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:

Channelsurfing has been slow lately in updating. You might not have noticed, but when you click next, it gives you todays schedule again. As we get closer to midnight ET, it updates.

Thanks again!

UTexRulz23

PostPosted: 08/02/08 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did Jekabsone go to college in the states? Her name sounds so familiar.

PostPosted: 08/02/08 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UTexRulz23 wrote:

There's another Jekabsone that played at Florida International, IIRC.

PostPosted: 08/02/08 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so do we know exactly what time the usab will be playing?
thanks!

bullsky

PostPosted: 08/02/08 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dukegirl125 wrote:
so do we know exactly what time the usab will be playing?
thanks!

7:30 am EST

PostPosted: 08/02/08 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
UTexRulz23 wrote:

There's another Jekabsone that played at Florida International, IIRC.

Thanks!

PostPosted: 08/02/08 9:40 pm    ::: Jekabsone Reply Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure Jekabsone's sister played in Florida at F.I.U. I don't think the star of the family ever played in the U.S. college game. I hear that she might be good enough to contribute to a WNBA team. I guess that will go double if she does well against the USA in the next game. Moscow Spartek has signed her for this fall so I suspect some quality here.

As to the Russians, they have some issues. One of their better players up front got pregnant. Becky's integration may be more resented than the public is led to believe plus it is a huge mental burden on her to succeed. Unlike the USA with new blood (Parker, Fowles, Pondexter) since 2006, the core of the Russian team is all in their latter 20's with most of their talent up front.

Tank to Latvia, formerly part of the Soviet Union? No way!! Remember if it was the 1980's, Jekabsone would be part of the Big Red Machine.

bullsky

PostPosted: 08/02/08 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For what it's worth, Anne Donovan said Jekabsone-Zogota could be an All-Star in the WNBA.

PostPosted: 08/02/08 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
For what it's worth, Anne Donovan said Jekabsone-Zogota could be an All-Star in the WNBA.

Thanks for all the updates! I'm going to try the Euro link I guess. I'll check back here before the game starts to see what every1 else is using.
p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 08/02/08 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BobScoutingReport wrote:
I'm pretty sure Jekabsone's sister played in Florida at F.I.U. I don't think the star of the family ever played in the U.S. college game. I hear that she might be good enough to contribute to a WNBA team. I guess that will go double if she does well against the USA in the next game. Moscow Spartek has signed her for this fall so I suspect some quality here.

Lasma Jekabsone starred at FIU and her sister Liene is entering her sophomore season there, but I'll leave it to Roofpage as to whether either of them are related to Anete, who has played professionally since her teens...

JACKOWACKO

PostPosted: 08/02/08 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

China vs Australia can be seen here...
http://www2.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=15903&part=sports

...if you have the correct software installed. Tvants, Sopcast and TVU players are all free to download.

Ive tried the HD links in the past and the picture freaking awesome for an online stream, but it definitely freezes up sometimes.

PostPosted: 08/03/08 2:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JACKOWACKO wrote:
China vs Australia can be seen here...
http://www2.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=15903&part=sports

...if you have the correct software installed. Tvants, Sopcast and TVU players are all free to download.

Ive tried the HD links in the past and the picture freaking awesome for an online stream, but it definitely freezes up sometimes.

Man I'm watching CCTV5 through this site using TVAnts and it's working great! I hope it continues for the games. Thanks Jackowacko.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17

Jump to: