RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Favorite Olympic Moments..whats is yours?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suemar

PostPosted: 08/01/08 8:26 am    ::: Favorite Olympic Moments..whats is yours? Reply Reply with quote

I have a couple. Dawn carrying the USA flag really got to me. The picture of Tina with the tears and head wreath. Best all time picture. Spaini opening with archer lighthing the tourch with a flipping arrow!!!

PostPosted: 08/01/08 8:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=40270

PostPosted: 08/01/08 8:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mine is a winter olympic moment, but it was the 1980 USA hockey gold medal performance and victory over the USSR. I was 11 years old. It is arguably the most unexpected performance in the history of sports, and it came at a time when America was at a low point in terms of the Iran hostage crisis and in relations with the Soviet Union. I know some people here are too young to remember that...but for me there is no second place in terms of Olympic history.

STLnTDOT

PostPosted: 08/01/08 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In 2006 seeing the USA womens Hockey team lose to Sweden in a shootout.... I know some of you are probably thinking I am just anti-american at this point.

But being involved with womens hockey at a high level that was the healthies thing for womens hockey on a global scale... (would have been better for Canada's women to lose, but still very big for the US women to lose)

Womens Ice Hockey was going through a stage where the Olympics were considering dropiing it for a few years until teams around the world come compete with the USA & Canada, and then along came Sweden.

So for me that was a defining moment.

mikey87

PostPosted: 08/01/08 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well you stole mine lol, it had to be the pic of Tina and Lisa hugging after we won the gold medal.

Another one was when forgive me I dont' remember the young ladies name from the gymnastics team she hurt her ankle I think and still manged to finish it, That was really awesome 2 me..

There are so many, I just can't remember much right now lol..

bludev03

PostPosted: 08/01/08 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When Lisa got her ponytail weave pulled out by LJ in the gold medal game!!!!! omg. i was sooooo weak, it's not even funny!! Lisa had this loooong, cascading ponytail going down her back. Then after LJ pulled it out, she had this short little stub on top of her head!

During the interviews on TV after the game, Lisa said: "I have one thing to say: they can have the hair......BUT WE GOT THE GOLD!!!!" roflmao

Sass

PostPosted: 08/01/08 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since there's already a nice long thread on this topic in Area 51, can we not start another thread? Having two threads on the same thing is too confusing.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
fanof33

PostPosted: 08/01/08 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mIne is the 2004 oly. seeing marion jones win...and then feeling bad for the american (women's) 4x1 team when they dropped the stick...laryn willams was either about get the stick or take but it happened.

"Legends have the privilege of being ageless"- Sia (movie)
bludev03

PostPosted: 08/01/08 12:31 pm    ::: Re: Favorite Olympic Moments..whats is yours? Reply Reply with quote

suemar wrote:
The picture of Tina with the tears and head wreath. Best all time picture.

"I'm so happy! I'm so happy! I'm so happy! I'm so happy! I'm so happy! I'm so happy! I'm so happy! I'm sooooo happy!! I'm so happy! I'm so happy! I'm so happy! I don't know what to say! I'm so happy! I'm so happy! I'm so happy! I'm so happy! I'm so happy! I'm so happy! I'm so happy! I'm so happy! I'm so happy! I'm so happy! I'm so happy! I'm so happy!!!!"

wnbashockballa

PostPosted: 08/02/08 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

when lisa had her pony tail pulled out by lj...lol... sorry i had to say Very Happy

PostPosted: 08/02/08 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sass wrote:
Since there's already a nice long thread on this topic in Area 51, can we not start another thread? Having two threads on the same thing is too confusing.

I agree. I even posted a link.

PostPosted: 08/02/08 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
Sass wrote:

Why don't you lock it, then, bullskyKrush. You've got the authori-tay, and you can save us all from being annoyed.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
bullsky

PostPosted: 08/02/08 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sass wrote:
bullsky wrote:
Sass wrote:

Why don't you lock it, then, bullskyKrush. You've got the authori-tay, and you can save us all from being annoyed.

bullskykrush. It has a ring to it. Wink

PostPosted: 08/02/08 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, the difference would be in the Area51 thread, it would be tailored more towards Olympics in general - whatever sport you were thinking of.

Here, it would likely be related to women's basketball.

I don't get where the confusion comes from. It's not like it's hurting anyone. I mean really, what is there to be confused about? Either respond or don't.

PostPosted: 08/02/08 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:
Well, the difference would be in the Area51 thread, it would be tailored more towards Olympics in general - whatever sport you were thinking of.

Here, it would likely be related to women's basketball.

I don't get where the confusion comes from. It's not like it's hurting anyone. I mean really, what is there to be confused about? Either respond or don't.

Most of the posts have nothing to do with basketball.

PostPosted: 08/02/08 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You're right, most of them are people complaining that the thread exists because apparently they don't get the hint.

Just so everyone is aware, a lot of people don't spend much time in Area51. That means, if there is no thread here, they don't know about it. And this is not a situation as clear cut as WCBB vs. WNBA.

PostPosted: 08/02/08 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There are over twenty topics related to the Olympics on the first page of the WNBA forum*.

One of my favorite moments was in 1996 watching women's basketball when the announcers mentioned a WNBA starting the following summer.

I thought, "I'll have to check that out."

Very Happy

*Well, there were anyway Wink

Last edited by Slovydal on 08/03/08 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/02/08 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When I first read this topic, I did not know there was an Area 51 posting either. I seldom go there, and had not even read Krush's post about the Area 51 thread until after I had posted mine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: