RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Change of Tone by Trudi Lacey...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 06/24/05 11:35 am    ::: Change of Tone by Trudi Lacey... Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Sting coach Trudi Lacey said her team put forth a good effort.

"They're not getting the results that they want," said Lacey, whose team has lost six straight. "They're working so hard."

Shooting continued to be a problem for Charlotte, which shot 37.9 percent from the field to San Antonio's 50 percent.

The Stars took the lead 30 seconds into the game with a three-pointer by forward Wendy Palmer-Daniel and the Sting never recovered.

Allison Feaster's jump shot closed San Antonio's lead to three points. A nine-point run gave the Stars a 12-point lead with 12 minutes, 47 seconds left, and the Sting got no closer than eight for the rest of the game.

Feaster led the Sting with 11 points and five assists, and reached the 2,000-point plateau.

Lacey said it has been tough to transition to the influx of new players.

"The players that we have are good players," she said. "It's just taking some time for them to really work together, to get a feel for each other."

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/basketball/wnba/charlotte_sting/11972441.htm

Maybe Trudi's been reading the boards... Shocked

dukemayo

PostPosted: 06/24/05 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hope she was as level-headed in practice the past week.

I don't think the 7-day gap since the last game helped them--too much time. The losses at home last week were at least respectable--60-62 to Seattle (though Birdless) and then 57-60 to Indiana. But this loss at home to a mediocre team....

Stray thought: Wonder if there were a bunch of Falwellistas down from Lynchburg, VA to see Feenstra?

bullsky

PostPosted: 06/24/05 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did she expect all of these new players to come together quickly? Cause I didn't. Since the WNBA season is so short, you can dig yourself a hole quickly. Re-doing a roster and expecting the chemistry to be great was kind of stupid of her.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 06/24/05 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A source has told me that the Charlotte players are throwing games to get Trudi fired.... Laughing

Last edited by dtsnms on 06/24/05 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 06/24/05 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
Did she expect all of these new players to come together quickly? Cause I didn't. Since the WNBA season is so short, you can dig yourself a hole quickly. Re-doing a roster and expecting the chemistry to be great was kind of stupid of her.

Yeah, but they aren't even coming close... I expected a narrow victory or loss against the SASS, but they got run out at home Shocked Washington has had their roster re-done too... maybe luck is involved Confused

dtsnms

PostPosted: 06/24/05 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Streaks wrote:

Yeah, but they aren't even coming close... I expected a narrow victory or loss against the SASS, but they got run out at home Shocked Washington has had their roster re-done too... maybe luck is involved Confused

SEE! Further evidence Dawn, Tangela and Sheri are throwing the games! Shocked Laughing

Last edited by dtsnms on 06/24/05 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
bullsky

PostPosted: 06/24/05 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Streaks wrote:

Yeah, I think the reason Washington's rebuilding has worked out because they kept some veterans on their team with leadership. Melvin, Page, Beard. Charlottes only veteran leader is Staley, she cant do it all for them. Sutton-Brown, Feaster are probably the other two oldest vets but they have never showed "leadership" to me. Thats why I think Washington has done so well. Oh, and they have the best rookie in the WNBA, not too shabby Cool

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 06/24/05 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
Streaks wrote:

Yeah, I think the reason Washington's rebuilding has worked out because they kept some veterans on their team with leadership. Melvin, Page, Beard. Charlottes only veteran leader is Staley, she cant do it all for them. Sutton-Brown, Feaster are probably the other two oldest vets but they have never showed "leadership" to me. Thats why I think Washington has done so well. Oh, and they have the best rookie in the WNBA, not too shabby Cool

Even more impressive is how Beard was injured for the beginning of the season Shocked But yeah, not too shabby Razz

Now even San Antonio is talking...
Arrow

Quote:
Living up to their billing as the worst offensive team in the WNBA— Charlotte came into the game averaging 60.3 points per game — the Sting made just 10 of 33 shots in the second half against the league's worst defensive team.

The Silver Stars had been surrendering 74.4 points per game.

For just the second time this season, the Sting were kept under 50 points. Charlotte scored 42 in its season-opening loss to the Washington Mystics.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/wnba/silverstars/stories/MYSA062405.4C.BKLstars.gamer.731485.html

sambista

PostPosted: 06/24/05 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
A source has told me that the Charlotte players are throwing games to get Trudi fired....

i personally would like to echo what bsb said the other day (i think it was her), about suggesting something like this. just my opinion, but this should not be taken lightly. i would exercise extreme prejudice re the source before dropping something like that on a public forum.

is this my bias? of course, it is. i want nothing but the best for this league. i'd rather err on the side of naiviete than be a party to a rumor that may not be true. i'm not saying it's not true, and i'm not saying your source isn't reliable. and there's no need to defend your source - i really don't care, because it has already been put out there. i'm just saying i'd think twice, thrice, many, many times before saying something like that. (in the future, obviously)

so sue me.

PostPosted: 06/24/05 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
A source has told me that the Charlotte players are throwing games to get Trudi fired....

i personally would like to echo what bsb said the other day (i think it was her), about suggesting something like this. just my opinion, but this should not be taken lightly. i would exercise extreme prejudice re the source before dropping something like that on a public forum.

is this my bias? of course, it is. i want nothing but the best for this league. i'd rather err on the side of naiviete than be a party to a rumor that may not be true. i'm not saying it's not true, and i'm not saying your source isn't reliable. and there's no need to defend your source - i really don't care, because it has already been put out there. i'm just saying i'd think twice, thrice, many, many times before saying something like that. (in the future, obviously)

so sue me.

i was going to ask "what source?" - which i think is a legitimate question given the nature of the accusation. and which players? dawn staley throwing a game? allison feaster? i find it hard to believe.

sambista

PostPosted: 06/24/05 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

well, that's the other thing - it's such a broad stroke. everyone get's tainted by it.

PostPosted: 06/24/05 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
was going to ask "what source?" - which i think is a legitimate question given the nature of the accusation. and which players? dawn staley throwing a game? allison feaster? i find it hard to believe.

I'm guessing this is just a take-off of the long discussion yesterday on the ESPN board that started with someone saying that an unspecified source had told them that Teasley and Leslie were throwing games to get Bibby fired.

thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 06/24/05 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

VandyWhit wrote:
Quote:
was going to ask "what source?" - which i think is a legitimate question given the nature of the accusation. and which players? dawn staley throwing a game? allison feaster? i find it hard to believe.

I'm guessing this is just a take-off of the long discussion yesterday on the ESPN board that started with someone saying that an unspecified source had told them that Teasley and Leslie were throwing games to get Bibby fired.

i wouldn't believe that either. i think Leslie's not recovering very quickly from that groin injury AND they haven't gelled with the new coach but i can't see them throwing games. no way.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 06/24/05 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

VandyWhit wrote:
Quote:

And let's not forget that Admiral chimed in that HE BELIEVED THAT LISA LESLIE was throwing games to get Bibby fired. But it would stop when Mabika came back, because with Mabika they can coach themselves!

thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 06/24/05 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

And let's not forget that Admiral chimed in that HE BELIEVED THAT LISA LESLIE was throwing games to get Bibby fired. But it would stop when Mabika came back, because with Mabika they can coach themselves!

um, Admiral's "beliefs" do not count as a source. frankly, i don't care. (no offense, Admiral) so, what kind of 'source' told you that the Sting are throwing games??

dtsnms

PostPosted: 06/24/05 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I will add that there is no way I would accuse any of these ladies of throwing games. The mere idea defies logic, especially a superstar like Lisa, Dawn, etc.

They have proven to be the ultimate in competitors and it's an absolute disgrace that someone like Lisa Leslie should have speculation that people claim is legitimate about them throwing games.

But Admiral will stop at nothing if he thinks it will get some people irritated. Even blow his own reputation as a good fan of the league by agreeing with iinane claims from board strangers about superstars throwing games.

VandyWhit

PostPosted: 06/24/05 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
I will add that there is no way I would accuse any of these ladies of throwing games. The mere idea defies logic, especially a superstar like Lisa, Dawn, etc.

They have proven to be the ultimate in competitors and it's an absolute disgrace that someone like Lisa Leslie should have speculation that people claim is legitimate about them throwing games.

But Admiral will stop at nothing if he thinks it will get some people irritated. Even blow his own reputation as a good fan of the league by agreeing with iinane claims from board strangers about superstars throwing games.

Why jump on Admiral? You're the one who just posted the rumor that the Charlotte players are throwing games and then followed-up on it.

Of course, MY theory is that what you typed was a just a send-up of the discussion on the ESPN board yesterday, but there's nothing in your post that indicates that. Just a hunch on my part -- although I must admit I'm reading between the lines again!

Wink

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 06/24/05 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

VandyWhit wrote:
Quote:

VandyWhit wrote:
Why jump on Admiral? You're the one who just posted the rumor that the Charlotte players are throwing games and then followed-up on it.

Exactly Vandy... This thread is supposed to be about the Sting, not about someone collecting on his grudge Idea

dtsnms

PostPosted: 06/24/05 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
VandyWhit wrote:
Quote:

VandyWhit wrote:

Exactly Vandy... This thread is supposed to be about the Sting, not about someone collecting on his grudge Idea

No actually Admiral, it's me responding to a troll that posted on this board. You've put yourself in the same league as Birdy/LennoxLTech.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 06/24/05 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Right...

Thanks again for speaking up about it VandyIdea

dtsnms

PostPosted: 06/24/05 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

VandyWhit wrote:
Quote:

Of course, MY theory is that what you typed was a just a send-up of the discussion on the ESPN board yesterday, but there's nothing in your post that indicates that. Just a hunch on my part -- although I must admit I'm reading between the lines again!

Wink

Asked and answered. Admiral out right claimed that Lisa Leslie is throwing games. I tongue in cheek, which you correctly got, responded in kind.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 06/24/05 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK Vandy, here's why:

Re: Throwing Games
Admiral_Needa Posted: Jun 23, 2005 01:34 PM Quote
in the last 60 days

Well do you go to the games if you did you might be wondering why Nikki T. is just throwing passes out of bounds and why Lisa is playing for the foul and missing easy shots.<br><br>You know when they said Holdsclaw was coming I was think maybe there will be problems with 2 stars like Kobe and Shaq but I went were you did I know Lisa wants to win but now I know that she wants Cooper back more then anything in the world.<br><br>So I know how you feel but this is real talk. I'm not just throwing something out there its real.

I believe you... LA shouldn't be playing this bad... I mean, geez, that loss to Phoenix should have raised some alarm bells

Lisa's been burning me in Virtual GM points too

Re: Throwing Games
Admiral_Needa Posted: Jun 23, 2005 02:33 PM Quote
in the last 60 days

Indeed ST21... But I think sooner or later Lisa's going to realize that throwing games is a futile effort as Bibby will likely stay on. That time will likely come when Mabika comes back and they start winning regardless of the coaching...

OUTRIGHT STATEMENT BY ADMIRAL_NEEDA THAT LISA LESLIE IS THROWING GAMES. RIDICULOUS, AND I WILL CALL HIM ON IT.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 06/24/05 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You called it Vandy... Razz Arrow

dtsnms

PostPosted: 06/24/05 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral at least this time you didn't go change your thread to delete your more ridiculous statements...

sambista

PostPosted: 06/24/05 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dts, i did not read that as any kind of tongue-in-cheek anything. i read it as you saying someone of some validity telling you games were being thrown in charlotte.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: