RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Jayda Blogs from Olympic Training Camp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRASH

PostPosted: 07/30/08 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
CRASH wrote:
caune wrote:
yo, if you are going to complain about the wine tasting at least spell properly...
It's boozing, not boosing Wink

hahaha

Calm down everyone. geezzzz Rolling Eyes
The players that went to this "wine tasteing", aren't exactly known for being the partiers of the league. Not to mention it was a WINE tasting.

Now if it were;
DT, LJ, Spoon, A-Rob and (insert favorite booze hound here) at a TASTEING in Lynchburg of Jack Daniels or a TASTEING in Milwaukie ... I could see your point. Wink

LOL, ah man memories!
A-Rob loves her bourbon..neat and lots of it Laughing

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
the reason I like her, well other than the fact she's hot!!!! hehehe

Location: Bus Town/ The Hall/Cap City...Whatever they call it these days

PostPosted: 07/31/08 6:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
I just got one question, does anyone in this league take the league serious? You're blowing off practice and being with your team to be in NY so you can sit in a studio? That shows dedication to your team mhm! No matter if she can't practice, sometimes just being there matters.

I'm starting to see why some people don't take this league serious, this past week has almost made me not take the league serious anymore.

Do you know how many players have said they are going back home for the break?

DTP

PostPosted: 07/31/08 6:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MH122 wrote:
DTP wrote:
I just got one question, does anyone in this league take the league serious? You're blowing off practice and being with your team to be in NY so you can sit in a studio? That shows dedication to your team mhm! No matter if she can't practice, sometimes just being there matters.

I'm starting to see why some people don't take this league serious, this past week has almost made me not take the league serious anymore.

Yeah, so what. I have no problem with that, most teams....in fact I believe all teams are giving their players like at least a week off and that's fine, that's the time for everyone to go home or go on vacation and all of that good stuff. But after that little break everyone comes back for practices, Swin isn't, she'll be away the entire break because she'll be in NY. That's where I have the problem, no matter if she can practice or not she should be there with her team.

MH122

Location: Bus Town/ The Hall/Cap City...Whatever they call it these days

PostPosted: 07/31/08 6:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
MH122 wrote:
DTP wrote:

Yeah, so what. I have no problem with that, most teams....in fact I believe all teams are giving their players like at least a week off and that's fine, that's the time for everyone to go home or go on vacation and all of that good stuff. But after that little break everyone comes back for practices, Swin isn't, she'll be away the entire break because she'll be in NY. That's where I have the problem, no matter if she can practice or not she should be there with her team.

NBC gave her an opportunity to be a commentator for the Olympics, i wouldnt expect her to turn it down and it's not like the Storm are begging her to stay, it would be selfish of them to do so

DTP

PostPosted: 07/31/08 7:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MH122 wrote:
DTP wrote:
MH122 wrote:
DTP wrote:

NBC gave her an opportunity to be a commentator for the Olympics, i wouldnt expect her to turn it down and it's not like the Storm are begging her to stay, it would be selfish of them to do so

Because no one takes the league seriously which is my point...

LakotaStorm

PostPosted: 07/31/08 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:

Get over it! She has been having to deal with some bad back pain, so this is a way she can work and rest her back. She is dedicated as any other athlete; unlike someone else who shall remain nameless that pushed herselves after getting injured, risking further damage and a chance to make it permanent. Oh wait, she did end up doing that, and look how her team ended this part of the season. Now that is is the ultimate show of dedication to your team and their chance in playoffs; all because of a rivalry and one game they desperately wanted to win, and they still lost.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
CRASH

PostPosted: 07/31/08 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
Update from Jayda

I think Jayda missed somebody...

Quote:
The lineups are a little different going into the second hour of practice with PG Sue Bird playing the point with Seimone Augustus, Tamika Catchings, Sylvia Fowles, and Lisa Leslie on her "white" squad. The "red" team is Kara Lawson up top with Kara Lawson, DeLisha Milton-Jones, Tina Thompson, and Diana Taurasi.

I mean I like K-Law and all, but I know she can't play two positions at the same time! Shocked Laughing

PostPosted: 07/31/08 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I noticed the Kara double-up too. I had to laugh. Laughing

Jayda's written a more in-depth article about Sue in today's Seattle Times:
Storm point guard Sue Bird ready to lead Team USA

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: