RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Jayda Blogs from Olympic Training Camp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shed

PostPosted: 07/29/08 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

paigeme wrote:
All by-gones? Was there conflict between the two?

Last year Jayda did a story on some conflict that was or wasn't occurring behind the scenes with the Storm and AD. Let's just say AD did not appreciate the story whether it turned out to be right or wrong and froze Jayda out...or was a petulant kid, whichever you prefer.

Edit: How the heck did this topic get taken over with a Powell debate? Be off with you! Twisted Evil

"If Seattle decides to sit Wright, Little and Stricklen for the majority of the season for stuffy noses, ingrown toenails and acid reflux you can start talking about shams." psheehy
kage

PostPosted: 07/29/08 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I want to hear Bird rap... Laughing Someone should make her rap on video and put it on youtube.
norwester

PostPosted: 07/29/08 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Succinct explanation, Shed.

And yeah, the Sue Bird rap would be hilarious. She could dance, too. Wink Or at least the thing right now is a little post-game victory dance that the team makes her do in the huddle if we win. You can catch some of it at the end of the Sacramento game. It cracks the team up every time, and in fact they're all waiting around for Sue to do it while FSN interviews her at the end of the Monarchs game, and finally Sheryl leaves the huddle to drag her out of the interview in order to complete their post-game ritual. Laughing

PostPosted: 07/30/08 1:02 am    ::: about Powell Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Powell's only ever shot over 38% from the field for a season once in her 5-year WNBA career (and that was her rookie year at only 41%, when she only shot 4 times per game). Shooting under 40% is pretty much her standard level and has been for quite some time, and the Monarchs knew that when they signed her.

Well not to belabor the Powell issue... But since I brought it up...

My issue was there is a large contingency of San Francisco Based fans (Me being one of them) that rarely get the chance to participate in things like a camp, or a read to achieve thing with WNBA players. Well take my kids to it anyway.

I get a call every other week from sales reps trying to get me to renew my STH AND trying to get my friends/neighbors to come to games. And yet here Powell and other WNBA players right here. I am not sure what the league/team policy is but I would think they would want to to let their Bay Area fans know.
Why all the secrecy. To me it is just very D-List. But that is JMO.

As for Nicole...My issue with her is that we are payin this girl max salary. And while I agree with you that we knew what we were getting when we signed her, the least we can get from her is consistency. We can't even get that from her.

She has elite potential yet that hasn't materialized and it doesn't even come in spots anymore.

This is someone that out of 27 games has scored 20+ points 3 times. Only scored more than 15 point 9 times. Grabbed more than 5 rebounds 5 times. And dished out more than 2 assist 4 times.
This is your max salary long term scoring option.

The excuse was that she hadn't adjust when she returned from Russia, and that transition took a long time. Reality is, up to this point, she has underachieved, and we probably overpaid for her. But considering the fact that she did get a big pay raise, I would think she would spend some of this time tightening her game. Then again she has a month, I guess I can't begrudge her a evening a boozing and snobbery.

I do believe is Nicole's potential, but I would pack her shit and put her on the first thing smokin for Alana

I'd rather be trapped in someone else's dutch oven than deal with the "breath of fresh air" Gavin Newsom would bring to Sacramento.
That's change NO-ONE can believe in.
DTP

PostPosted: 07/30/08 1:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe the events are private and not open to the public....

amaha05

PostPosted: 07/30/08 1:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:

The Boosing or the Camps?

Cause I don't really care about the Boosing part. to each their own.

But the read to achieve and the Camps, well like I said Lost opportunity. It shows that somebody doesn't know its fan base. The league needs a Bay Area team, but again it couldn't have hurt the Monarchs to send an e-mail to its bay area fans, or bothered to include them for that matter. It just shows that the league really needs to think somethings out.

I will support the League, but no way do I renew STH for next year.

D-List Bullshit...

I'd rather be trapped in someone else's dutch oven than deal with the "breath of fresh air" Gavin Newsom would bring to Sacramento.
That's change NO-ONE can believe in.
icey23

PostPosted: 07/30/08 1:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
BLOCK THAT: That portion of practice is over with the "white" team running for scoring the least points. But the scrimmage ended with a bang as Fowles blocked Leslie's shot attempt at the top of the key. Team USA will definitely need that in China.

Poor Lisa Fowles owns her.

PostPosted: 07/30/08 1:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

amaha05 wrote:
DTP wrote:

The Boosing or the Camps?

Cause I don't really care about the Boosing part. to each their own.

But the read to achieve and the Camps, well like I said Lost opportunity. It shows that somebody doesn't know its fan base. The league needs a Bay Area team, but again it couldn't have hurt the Monarchs to send an e-mail to its bay area fans, or bothered to include them for that matter. It just shows that the league really needs to think somethings out.

I will support the League, but no way do I renew STH for next year.

D-List Bullshit...

I'm talking about the Camp and Read to Achieve thing, maybe they were private events. Like the Read to Achieve thing was probably just to members of the Boys & Girls club and maybe the Camp was to specific group of kids or something. Not everyone can participate in everything, if it was meant to be open for the public I'm sure the league/team would have promoted it a little bit.

The Shock have done numerous things around here with Boys & Girls clubs and things and not all of them have been promoted all that much I don't think. I never remembered hearing about a few of them before they happened, didn't take it personal or anything like that.

I'll just stay out of this though, has nothing to do with me. Smile

dukegirl125

PostPosted: 07/30/08 10:53 am    ::: interesting comments from katie... Reply Reply with quote

thought these were interesting comments from katie smith:

Quote:
Smith, the only representative from her team, took it all in stride.

"L.A. was telling their side of the story and I tried to keep shut," Smith said. "I've got my opinions about it, but I'll keep those to myself. I was proud of my teammates, though, because we didn't come in swinging. We came in taking our people away. I was proud of our group for making sure nothing else happened and no one else got involved.

"No one wants to lose their money and no one wants to get suspended, so there was no need for me to go in there and start doing anything. I was just trying to keep people back for the most part."

norwester

PostPosted: 07/30/08 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jayda has now posted some details of the "controversial" wine-tasting. Apparently Ashley Battle is the one with hidden wine talents, though she also gave Nicole Powell praise for her technique.

Also, Swin Cash will be joining Theresa Edwards on the commentary team, though this may be covered elsewhere.

PostPosted: 07/30/08 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

T Storm get until the 9th off, they did so well they earned the extra long break, Not to mention Yo and Sheryl need a little more healing time.

Swin won't be practicing at all this break, this will help with her lower back pain, but not sure how her performance will be when she plays the first game back.

Quote:
Storm forward Swin Cash will be part of the Olympics, although not as a player as she had hoped. She'll join five-time Olympian Teresa Edwards in the NBC studios in New York to broadcast the non-Team USA basketball games

Also, gee Tina, the Gold or any medal is not USA's rightful place unless they EARN it. Rolling Eyes Boy, no wonder people hate the USA more and more, we think we have the right to almost everything all over the world, the right to go to war, the right to say who should or should not have nuclear weapons, the right to say who leads which countries (although that one only applies to oil countries)........and the list goes on and on.

Quote:
Now we're a whole group… it's 12 of us together for the first time. Now it's time to bring it all together and put the USA back in its rightful place."

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
kage

PostPosted: 07/30/08 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes No different than any "strong" team in any sport that aims to win the gold. If you don't believe you belong on that podium, what are you doing playing for it?
caune

PostPosted: 07/30/08 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yo, if you are going to complain about the wine tasting at least spell properly...
It's boozing, not boosing Wink

PostPosted: 07/30/08 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
yo, if you are going to complain about the wine tasting at least spell properly...

hahaha

Calm down everyone. geezzzz Rolling Eyes
The players that went to this "wine tasteing", aren't exactly known for being the partiers of the league. Not to mention it was a WINE tasting.

Now if it were;
DT, LJ, Spoon, A-Rob and (insert favorite booze hound here) at a TASTEING in Lynchburg of Jack Daniels or a TASTEING in Milwaukie ... I could see your point. Wink

PostPosted: 07/30/08 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just got one question, does anyone in this league take the league serious? You're blowing off practice and being with your team to be in NY so you can sit in a studio? That shows dedication to your team mhm! No matter if she can't practice, sometimes just being there matters.

I'm starting to see why some people don't take this league serious, this past week has almost made me not take the league serious anymore.

R U DUN

PostPosted: 07/30/08 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Resting a sore back and gaining experience commentating might be of more long term value for Swin than just "being there" with the Storm. I don't see it as abandoning her team and if Agler did then I imagine he would have expressed that.

I think we are clear that you dislike her, that's your choice, but maybe this is a bit of a stretch for criticism.

caune

PostPosted: 07/30/08 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CRASH wrote:
caune wrote:

hahaha

Calm down everyone. geezzzz Rolling Eyes
The players that went to this "wine tasteing", aren't exactly known for being the partiers of the league. Not to mention it was a WINE tasting.

Now if it were;
DT, LJ, Spoon, A-Rob and (insert favorite booze hound here) at a TASTEING in Lynchburg of Jack Daniels or a TASTEING in Milwaukie ... I could see your point. Wink

LOL, ah man memories!
A-Rob loves her bourbon..neat and lots of it Laughing

PostPosted: 07/30/08 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

R U DUN wrote:
Resting a sore back and gaining experience commentating might be of more long term value for Swin than just "being there" with the Storm. I don't see it as abandoning her team and if Agler did then I imagine he would have expressed that.

I think we are clear that you dislike her, that's your choice, but maybe this is a bit of a stretch for criticism.

This has nothing to do with how I dislike her personally, if it was anyone else I'd feel the same way. Her back isn't that bad she can't shoot around at practice, participate in walk throughs, and just be there for your team.

In my opinion, that's like Cheryl Ford going home to be with her family or doing whatever instead of sticking around and being here for her team. Yeah she can't play for a year but she's still there. Yeah Swin can't practice for a month but should still be there. But whatever, I guess if Seattle fans are okay with it then its fine.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 07/30/08 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
R U DUN wrote:

This has nothing to do with how I dislike her personally, if it was anyone else I'd feel the same way. Her back isn't that bad she can't shoot around at practice, participate in walk throughs, and just be there for your team.

In my opinion, that's like Cheryl Ford going home to be with her family or doing whatever instead of sticking around and being here for her team. Yeah she can't play for a year but she's still there. Yeah Swin can't practice for a month but should still be there. But whatever, I guess if Seattle fans are okay with it then its fine.

And you know this how?

As for Ford, players with ACL injuries usually can't travel for awhile anyway.

DTP

PostPosted: 07/30/08 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
DTP wrote:
R U DUN wrote:

And you know this how?

As for Ford, players with ACL injuries usually can't travel for awhile anyway.

Because I've seen her play. If her back is that bad though she shouldn't be flying to NY, should be in Seattle resting. Smile

And psh, Ford is probably somewhere in the Bahamas on the beach in a bikini and a huge knee brace sippin'....umm....Gatorade. Laughing

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 07/30/08 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
I just got one question, does anyone in this league take the league serious? You're blowing off practice and being with your team to be in NY so you can sit in a studio? That shows dedication to your team mhm! No matter if she can't practice, sometimes just being there matters.

I'm starting to see why some people don't take this league serious, this past week has almost made me not take the league serious anymore.

No.

When players come back from their overseas stints out of shape and/or overweight and can tell you more about Prada heels than a full-court press...

When GMs pick players based on personal friendships with former colleagues or based on how "blonde" said players are...

When coaches can't even remember the names of star players for opposing teams...

That's enough for me to believe the WNBA is a complete joke in the eyes of the employees. If these women (and men) working for the league don't take it seriously, how can they expect fans and observers to hold the league in high regard?

Mathies to LA 2013
Queenie

PostPosted: 07/30/08 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Regarding Cash: in the last Storm game I saw, the commentators actually said that her back was bad enough that she couldn't participate in every practice. So, yes, I think the month off will do more good than running through practice without the two key components of her team would.

Regarding Powell: last I checked, San Francisco wasn't that far away from Sacramento, and I'm fairly certain there are gyms there. It's not like she's going to the Bahamas or something.

PostPosted: 07/30/08 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Regarding Cash: in the last Storm game I saw, the commentators actually said that her back was bad enough that she couldn't participate in every practice. So, yes, I think the month off will do more good than running through practice without the two key components of her team would.

They also said she was having regular Cortisone shots.

"If Seattle decides to sit Wright, Little and Stricklen for the majority of the season for stuffy noses, ingrown toenails and acid reflux you can start talking about shams." psheehy
caune

PostPosted: 07/30/08 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shed wrote:
Queenie wrote:

They also said she was having regular Cortisone shots.

but but but... she can only get those is Seattle, right Wink

PostPosted: 07/30/08 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Update from Jayda

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: