RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Got Stepanova?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bullsky

PostPosted: 06/24/05 12:45 am    ::: Got Stepanova? Reply Reply with quote

Any news on whether shes here. Didn't they say she could suit up as soon as Saturday?

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/24/05 1:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good question (although I'm caring less and less by the day).
I was expecting her on June 15, since that's when the ever-reliable Scoopmaster O said she would be joining the team.

PostPosted: 06/24/05 6:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
I was expecting her on June 15, since that's when the ever-reliable Scoopmaster O said she would be joining the team.

Sport news articles have been saying *IF* - today it said *WHEN* (but I can't find it). Anyway, I'll believe it when I see her in Home Whites running the court Confused I'm also having mixed emotions as to whether I even want her here or not. Other than needing the wins, her coming late & leaving early will only mess with the team chemistry, which seems in short supply ATM. As a person who hasn't missed a game since 1997 inception, I will never give up on my team. We have the talent. Coach just needs to get it going in the right direction. SOON

caune

PostPosted: 06/24/05 8:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1carol wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Sport news articles have been saying *IF* - today it said *WHEN* (but I can't find it). Anyway, I'll believe it when I see her in Home Whites running the court Confused I'm also having mixed emotions as to whether I even want her here or not. Other than needing the wins, her coming late & leaving early will only mess with the team chemistry, which seems in short supply ATM. As a person who hasn't missed a game since 1997 inception, I will never give up on my team. We have the talent. Coach just needs to get it going in the right direction. SOON

I will confirm later today IF she got on the plane, the ticket was there for her last night, I just don't know yet if she used it.
I will be organizing the "Meet the Great Pumkin" airport get together as soon as I know for sure she boarded the plane!

PostPosted: 06/24/05 2:37 pm    ::: Got Steponona? YEP!!!! Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
1carol wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

I will confirm later today IF she got on the plane, the ticket was there for her last night, I just don't know yet if she used it.
I will be organizing the "Meet the Great Pumkin" airport get together as soon as I know for sure she boarded the plane!

OK Kids, if you need to see it to believe it, be at the airport at 8:10 tonight
I'm waiting on the terminal and airline info but I'll post it soon Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: 06/24/05 2:41 pm    ::: Re: Got Steponona? YEP!!!! Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
OK Kids, if you need to see it to believe it, be at the airport at 8:10 tonight I'm waiting on the terminal and airline info but I'll post it soon Very Happy Very Happy

The end is nigh - Maria is returning to the WNBA!
bullsky

PostPosted: 06/24/05 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm guessing the Mercury will throw a 'yes thank god you're here we need your post presence' party for her Wink

liveitup!

PostPosted: 06/24/05 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any good excuse for a party, eh Brigade? Glad she's back for your sake, but I'd rather she arrived AFTER the Sun game! Go Sun!

caune

PostPosted: 06/24/05 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

liveitup! wrote:
Any good excuse for a party, eh Brigade? Glad she's back for your sake, but I'd rather she arrived AFTER the Sun game! Go Sun!

My source on this one...an FAA employee Cool has confirmed the entire family boarded the plane...I'll keep you posted!

PostPosted: 06/25/05 12:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Phoenix the temporary home for Mrs. Stepanova yet? Razz

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/25/05 3:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, I believe it is.

PostPosted: 06/25/05 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw it with my own eyes - she's here!! Sans baby, because, well you know... Phoenix too hot for bebe, as she reiterated to us...

Now if she passes her physical, then it's all good. Here's to hoping she didn't bring a different baby with her, one not visible to the naked eye....

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 06/25/05 11:25 am    ::: Stepanova has yet to book a flight to Phoenix Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
liveitup! wrote:

My source on this one...an FAA employee Cool has confirmed the entire family boarded the plane...I'll keep you posted!

Really...... Confused Arrow

Quote:
STEPANOVA WATCH
The highly anticipated return of 6-foot-8 Russian center Maria Stepanova, who hasn’t played for Phoenix since 2001, has been delayed once again.

Last week, Mercury general manager Seth Sulka said, "There’s a really good chance she’ll be here next week," and added she could be in uniform for today’s game against Connecticut. But as of Friday, Stepanova had yet to book a flight to Phoenix.

Everything else is in place for her return, it’s just a matter of when she decides she wants to come, Sulka said.

Sulka speculated Stepanova could still be making arrangements for her 2-year-old son to stay in Russia and come to the United States after she gets settled or that she is waiting to join the team after today’s game because of Phoenix’s week-long break — which would allow her more time to get integrated with the team — before its next game.

Whatever the reason, Sulka said he remains optimistic Stepanova will rejoin the team before the All-Star break.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=43648

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/25/05 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes Admiral, REALLY.

PostPosted: 06/25/05 11:29 am    ::: Stepanova has yet to book a flight to Phoenix Reply Reply with quote

Guess it was a long wait at the airport...

bullsky

PostPosted: 06/25/05 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if Mercury fans met her there...

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/25/05 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll leave that for certain others to answer Wink

PostPosted: 06/25/05 11:34 am    ::: Re: Stepanova has yet to book a flight to Phoenix Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Guess it was a long wait at the airport...

Can you read????

I stay out of your rantings, despite how I may feel towards them, especially those geared toward the Mercury and especially the Brigade, of which I am a member.... But do you really have your head lodged so far up someone's ass that you can no longer read the screen???

I SAW her with my own eyes last night. There's pictures to prove it. Now as I said, as long as she's not pregnant again, there should be no problem....

Thank you, and I shall butt out again Very Happy

pilight

PostPosted: 06/25/05 11:44 am    ::: Re: Stepanova has yet to book a flight to Phoenix Reply Reply with quote

blzntr33s wrote:
There's pictures to prove it.

I want to see pictures!

PostPosted: 06/25/05 11:47 am    ::: Re: Stepanova has yet to book a flight to Phoenix Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
blzntr33s wrote:

I want to see pictures!

Yeah, me too!

blzntr33s

PostPosted: 06/25/05 11:50 am    ::: Re: Stepanova has yet to book a flight to Phoenix Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
blzntr33s wrote:

I want to see pictures!

Sorry, pilight, I didn't take any myself. I believe Cam has a picture, or caune, one of the two. Hopefully, they'll share them with you when they come on.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 06/25/05 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, they're on the tube tonight, surely we'll catch sight of her, she should be easy enough to spot.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/25/05 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope Cam posts his photo - it's truly fabulous! Smile

PostPosted: 06/25/05 12:37 pm    ::: Re: Stepanova has yet to book a flight to Phoenix Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
caune wrote:
liveitup! wrote:

Really...... Confused Arrow

Quote:
STEPANOVA WATCH
The highly anticipated return of 6-foot-8 Russian center Maria Stepanova, who hasn’t played for Phoenix since 2001, has been delayed once again.

Last week, Mercury general manager Seth Sulka said, "There’s a really good chance she’ll be here next week," and added she could be in uniform for today’s game against Connecticut. But as of Friday, Stepanova had yet to book a flight to Phoenix.

Everything else is in place for her return, it’s just a matter of when she decides she wants to come, Sulka said.

Sulka speculated Stepanova could still be making arrangements for her 2-year-old son to stay in Russia and come to the United States after she gets settled or that she is waiting to join the team after today’s game because of Phoenix’s week-long break — which would allow her more time to get integrated with the team — before its next game.

Whatever the reason, Sulka said he remains optimistic Stepanova will rejoin the team before the All-Star break.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=43648

yeah really...but the source was slightly off as bebe stayed in Russia with the grandmama...and the pictures will be shared later, I've got too much to do atm

and that newspaper article, well Seth knows enough not to tell reporters everything;)

Site Admin

PostPosted: 06/25/05 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do you expect we will see her on the bench tonight, not necessarily dressed out, but at least in attendance?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: