RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Brazil @ Opals warm-up matches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/28/08 6:51 am    ::: Brazil @ Opals warm-up matches Reply Reply with quote

Game 1 was a comfortable win (99-62) to the Aussies ...

Match Stats

PostPosted: 07/28/08 7:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ouch. That's to be expected without Érika and Izi, but I don't see how Brazil will make the medal rounds with that team...

PostPosted: 07/28/08 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Brazil managed to keep it close until the 4th quarter. Opals were without Harrower. I don't know why.

PostPosted: 07/28/08 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Ouch. That's to be expected without Érika and Izi, but I don't see how Brazil will make the medal rounds with that team...

Yeah, sadly I don't see them making it either. If anything, they might make it to the quarterfinals but they'll probably have to play the US.

PostPosted: 07/28/08 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Opals need to make their free throws.

PostPosted: 07/28/08 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:

I thought Izi wasn't on the Olympic team...

PostPosted: 07/28/08 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow! If the Aussies play like this throughout the Olympics! Shocked

It's so hard not to root for the Aussies to win it all. With players like Tully, LJ, and PT - I like them a lot.

WE ARE CHAMPIONS!!!!!

http://twitter.com/TravisInIndy
Swoopes_O'grady

PostPosted: 07/28/08 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thrillrider08 wrote:
Wow! If the Aussies play like this throughout the Olympics! Shocked

It's so hard not to root for the Aussies to win it all. With players like Tully, LJ, and PT - I like them a lot.

Won't be hard for me... Wink

I do like LJ but that's until she plays the Comets or Team USA.

PostPosted: 07/28/08 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

17 points 7 rebounds 6 assists 2 blocks and a steal for Penny Taylor! WOO HOO Very Happy

PostPosted: 07/30/08 8:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Game 2 was televised here and it was pretty ugly stuff from both teams.
Opals won it 85-62 thanks to a strong second half.
Boxscore

With LJ sitting this one out as a precaution, Brazil had a nice advantage in the paint, but instead of exploiting it they just kept launching from the perimeter and missing on just about every occasion. Their physical defence really threw the aussies out in the first half, but we came out equally aggressive after the break and eventually put a bit of distance between the scores.

Was kinda poor standard though, so the highlight didn't happen on the floor. LJ sat down for a talk with the commentators, and they basically just had a big chat for the entire third quarter as the game footage was shown in the screen. Was nice to hear from her again.

The other highlight was a little somethin' somethin' that I thought caune might have been missing lately Wink

PostPosted: 07/30/08 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

The other highlight was a little somethin' somethin' that I thought caune might have been missing lately Wink

before clicking that link I was thinkin' it was maybe a picture of you...or hellcat..or ever keegan...but DAMN..that made my morning Wink
Thanks buddy, you are as always the best!

PostPosted: 07/30/08 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
LJ sat down for a talk with the commentators, and they basically just had a big chat for the entire third quarter as the game footage was shown in the screen. Was nice to hear from her again.

Which was really odd for the people in the stands - I was sitting opposite the commentary team and it was blatantly obvious that they weren't watching the game much less commenting on it, which is too bad because the Aussies played better in the third quarter (especially Snelly).

When the on-floor commentator asked Lauren "who's cuter, Australian or American men" I thought the entire audience was ready to storm the floor and throttle him. I assume they didn't show that lame-o moment on the Foxtel coverage?

~N

CRASH

PostPosted: 07/30/08 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

before clicking that link I was thinkin' it was maybe a picture of you...or hellcat..or ever keegan...but DAMN..that made my morning Wink
Thanks buddy, you are as always the best!

caune;
Hey that reminds me, where are they???
I haven't seen them since I've been back. Crying or Very sad

thanks Luuuc;
Mr Penny is adorable!!!!
and the Aussi Uni is always a must see... Razz

#NATC

PostPosted: 07/31/08 2:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NancyAmazon wrote:
When the on-floor commentator asked Lauren "who's cuter, Australian or American men" I thought the entire audience was ready to storm the floor and throttle him. I assume they didn't show that lame-o moment on the Foxtel coverage?

~N

WTF?
No, thankfully us TV viewers were spared that piece of extreme lameness.

She pretty much spent the entire 3rd q. behind the mic saying how awesome it was to play for her country, and especially so in the olympics.
You could hear the joy in her voice. Oh, and she was also talking up all of her teammates of course.
Her enthusiasm is just infectious. I was actually thinking of turning the whole thing into an MP3.

PostPosted: 07/31/08 2:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If not all of it, at least the part where she comments on Grandma Lieberman's stint with Detroit Laughing

PostPosted: 07/31/08 3:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't know if this was posted:

Jackson out as Opals down Brazil
http://au.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/4838532/jackson-opals-brazil

sportsfanswhine

Location: Charles Ct, across the street from Monty's Motor Speedway and just off Taurasi Turnpike.

PostPosted: 07/31/08 4:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
NancyAmazon wrote:

~N

WTF?
No, thankfully us TV viewers were spared that piece of extreme lameness.

She pretty much spent the entire 3rd q. behind the mic saying how awesome it was to play for her country, and especially so in the olympics.
You could hear the joy in her voice. Oh, and she was also talking up all of her teammates of course.
Her enthusiasm is just infectious. I was actually thinking of turning the whole thing into an MP3.

Hey, if you'd be up for sharing, that would actually be pretty cool. At least as interesting as a lot of the podcasts I listen to, if not potentially more so.

PostPosted: 08/01/08 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh yeah, what did she have to say about Grandma Nancy? I've noticed not a lot of player commented on the special occasion. The league has sort of pretended the embarrassment never occurred.

PostPosted: 08/01/08 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

paigeme wrote:
Oh yeah, what did she have to say about Grandma Nancy? I've noticed not a lot of player commented on the special occasion. The league has sort of pretended the embarrassment never occurred.

She basically said 'no offense Nancy, but that was just embarrassing'. And proceeded to laugh about the prospect of her ever embarrassing herself like that at 50.

PostPosted: 08/02/08 12:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sportsfanswhine wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Hey, if you'd be up for sharing, that would actually be pretty cool. At least as interesting as a lot of the podcasts I listen to, if not potentially more so.

Sorry sfw - somehow I missed this response.

HERE is just a portion of the interview (same portion I posted in the Becky thread), where LJ talks about her love of playing for the Opals and throws in the "embarrassing" remark about Nancy. Laughing

I'll post a longer edit once I have recorded it.

PostPosted: 08/02/08 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You're awesome mate! Loz sounded a bit angry about the Nancy Lieberman part actually. She was very emphatic about what an embarrassment the whole thing was, so it's a good thing Laimbeer didn't suit her up against Seattle because I think Lauren would have taken her head off.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: