RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Q&A with Anne Donovan
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STLnTDOT

PostPosted: 07/21/08 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LakotaStorm wrote:

Exactly, the whole team from the coach to the bench, no one will be more responsible for winning or losing, but Coach D will be damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

Hammon is a great player but she isn't the best, if she had that kind of power then SASS would have won the championship last year.

Never said she was the best I just said Team USA chose to not pick the best players available to them... if that was the case Lawson wouldnt be on that team.

In my own personal opinion I do feel like Hammon is in that elite class, but whats done is done and now we just have to wait and see what happens at the Olympics. Im anxious!

I still hope the players of Team USA have great games and great experiences while they are, but I refuse to Support Team USA's women's bball team during these olympics. Just a preference.

HotForHammon

PostPosted: 07/21/08 6:06 pm    ::: Re: Childlike Behavior! Reply Reply with quote

Shoots&Scores wrote:
HotForHammon wrote:
Hey Coach Donavan

GO RUSSIA!!! With Love from the Hammonites Laughing

CB=Childlike Behavior! How old are you? 6 years old!

(Don't look for a response back..it's NOT going to happen!)

It's HotForHammon or HFH or just H....Not CB...thanks for not responding Wink

Oh...I agree...if the USA doesn't win Gold it won't be because Becky wasn't on team USA or she played for Russia.
It will be because the Australians are the better team Laughing

Believe it or not we don't expect the Russians to win Gold...we would love it but we just want Becky to have the experience and a great time.
As for her having to enter the witness protection program...most realize it's just a game. (btw ap01...I'm up body guard duty Wink )
San Antonio is a military town and last week two of our local news anchors live on the air declared themselves Hammonites and told the entire veiwing public there were rooting for Becky to win gold...that seems to be the growing attitude around here...even from some military that have come on the various radio programs. Even those not rooting against Team USA have said they want her to do well and come home with a silver medal.
It's just no longer a big deal anymore.

GO TEAM RUSSIA AND BECKY Very Happy

CB

PostPosted: 07/21/08 6:10 pm    ::: Re: Childlike Behavior! Reply Reply with quote

Shoots&Scores wrote:
HotForHammon wrote:
Hey Coach Donavan

Laughing so you want to reply snarky but don't want to be replied too. that is childish.

reb's is famous for smartass people by the way. Laughing

PostPosted: 07/21/08 6:12 pm    ::: Re: Childlike Behavior! Reply Reply with quote

HotForHammon wrote:

Oh...I agree...if the USA doesn't win Gold it won't be because Becky wasn't on team USA or she played for Russia.
It will be because the Australians are the better team Laughing

GO TEAM RUSSIA AND BECKY Very Happy

Laughing

CB

PostPosted: 07/21/08 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LakotaStorm wrote:
Exactly, the whole team from the coach to the bench, no one will be more responsible for winning or losing, but Coach D will be damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

Hammon is a great player but she isn't the best, if she had that kind of power then SASS would have won the championship last year.

If LJ had that kind of power she would have won the championship last year as well.

SASS happened to lose Buescher last year or I think they would have gotten past Phoenix and the refs and had already beaten Detroit without Becky before Buescher blew out her knee.

One thing is for sure, SASS gave their all in the playoffs, not so sure about LJ and the Storm when playing Phoenix. LJ wanted Donovan gone IMO.

PostPosted: 07/21/08 6:30 pm    ::: Re: Childlike Behavior! Reply Reply with quote

Shoots&Scores wrote:
HotForHammon wrote:
Hey Coach Donavan

No, she's 12, dammit!! (And so am I!) Wink Very Happy

CB

PostPosted: 07/21/08 6:39 pm    ::: Re: Childlike Behavior! Reply Reply with quote

rooky wrote:
Shoots&Scores wrote:
HotForHammon wrote:
Hey Coach Donavan

Laughing

I'm 112 in some circles. Very Happy

And Cappie looks 12 in her wedding gown in your avatar. Laughing

Location: Bus Town/ The Hall/Cap City...Whatever they call it these days

PostPosted: 07/21/08 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

well the way i see is you dont put the 12 best players on the olympic team, if that was the case then chemistry would be scarce and you would have too many ppl playing the same position, you pick the 12 who can play the best as a team and at multiple positions

and as much support hammon is getting still she is an american and she lives in a country where we all know the minute you do something that seems like you are slamming america ppl go off the edge. hockey fans still remember the al micahels call, basketball fans still remember the clock malfunction. im telling you if she's standing with the up there with the gold singing the russian national anthem, americans are going to have fits and the media is going to eat this up. for goodness sakes rich rodriguez's fanily got death threats for leaving west virginia to go to michigan(good choice), imagine what hammon may go through

STLnTDOT

PostPosted: 07/21/08 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MH122 wrote:
well the way i see is you dont put the 12 best players on the olympic team, if that was the case then chemistry would be scarce and you would have too many ppl playing the same position, you pick the 12 who can play the best as a team and at multiple positions

and as much support hammon is getting still she is an american and she lives in a country where we all know the minute you do something that seems like you are slamming america ppl go off the edge. hockey fans still remember the al micahels call, basketball fans still remember the clock malfunction. im telling you if she's standing with the up there with the gold singing the russian national anthem, americans are going to have fits and the media is going to eat this up. for goodness sakes rich rodriguez's fanily got death threats for leaving west virginia to go to michigan(good choice), imagine what hammon may go through

Americans still remember Hakeem becoming a naturalized citizen and winning gold with the Dream Team.

Like it or not its still womens basketball and the majority of Americans dont give a damn. Hammon is getting lots of support and fingers are already being pointed at the Team USA committee. Hammon will not be the reason USA doesnt win gold. And if Russia wins gold and even if they dont, Hammon is going to have a ton of supporters just like she does now.

Is anyone in America complaining about Bernard Lagat running for the USA?? Of course not because he has a legit shot at winning.

How come nobody is bitchin about Chris Kaman? Seriously? Go ahead and argue about his family has German in it... ridiculous argument! At least Becky lives and works in Russia for several months out of the year.

I think the haters want Becky to have some backlash but its even better that the haters and now seeing her as a legit threat.

And you just let me know how Lawsons skills put her on the team ahead o Whalen and Douglas.

LakotaStorm

PostPosted: 07/21/08 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CB wrote:

If LJ had that kind of power she would have won the championship last year as well.

SASS happened to lose Buescher last year or I think they would have gotten past Phoenix and the refs and had already beaten Detroit without Becky before Buescher blew out her knee.

One thing is for sure, SASS gave their all in the playoffs, not so sure about LJ and the Storm when playing Phoenix. LJ wanted Donovan gone IMO.

Finally she drops the emoticon masks! No kidding, that same goes for any team; if all it took is one player everyone would have a championship by now, and don't think because the Stars made it one more round that the Storm didn't try any harder. The only thing that matters in the end is who won the championship, and that was the Mercury. Obviously there were chemistry problems on the team, and look how far they have come in jut a half a season.

Stop blaming the Stars loss on the refs Mercury was the better team last year, and it belittles their accomplishments. Stars lost, Storm lost, every team but the Mercury lost and it wasn't for any other reason other then Mercury was the best team last year, and Detroit was the year before, the Monarchs before that, and the Storm before that.....and so on, and so on. As for the Stars beating the Shock without Becky, so what, every team gets beaten by another team, that doesn't mean the championship would have been the stars; we beat Mercury 2 times last year in the regular season, so obviously that doesn't mean squat. Being in the top spot doesn't mean you will win the championship the Storm won it and we were the second seed. The playoffs are a whole different set of games.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
MH122

Location: Bus Town/ The Hall/Cap City...Whatever they call it these days

PostPosted: 07/21/08 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

STLnTDOT wrote:

And you just let me know how Lawsons skills put her on the team ahead o Whalen and Douglas.

lawson's intensity and leadership puts her over whalen/douglas...well at least i think so

CB

PostPosted: 07/22/08 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LakotaStorm wrote:
CB wrote:

Finally she drops the emoticon masks! No kidding, that same goes for any team; if all it took is one player everyone would have a championship by now, quote]

Laughing Laughing Laughing

That is in contradiction to your first comment that I was replying to.

LakotaStorm wrote:

PostPosted: 07/22/08 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MH122 wrote:
STLnTDOT wrote:

lawson's intensity and leadership puts her over whalen/douglas...well at least i think so

Shocked ummmmmm ok.... if you say so

shrrew

PostPosted: 07/22/08 12:07 pm    ::: Re: Childlike Behavior! Reply Reply with quote

rooky wrote:

omg rooky, you look like a mini-cp23! With all the fab fashionable clothing in Cappies wardrobe, you picked THAT? You need stay the hell outta that wenchs closet! Laughing

*locks up the liquor *

PostPosted: 07/22/08 12:11 pm    ::: Re: Childlike Behavior! Reply Reply with quote

shrrew wrote:
rooky wrote:

omg rooky, you look like a mini-cp23! With all the fab fashionable clothing in Cappies wardrobe, you picked THAT? You need stay the hell outta that wenchs closet! Laughing

*locks up the liquor *

Dang. Mom's locked up the liquor. What do we do now?

**runs to see what's in Diana Darko's closet**

CRASH

PostPosted: 07/22/08 12:14 pm    ::: Re: Childlike Behavior! Reply Reply with quote

rooky wrote:
shrrew wrote:
rooky wrote:

*locks up the liquor *

OMG rookie get out of there!!!! Shocked
for all you know extra spit could be in those bottles!

*whispers* go find caune, I'm sure she has a stash of something... Twisted Evil

rooky

PostPosted: 07/22/08 12:43 pm    ::: Re: Childlike Behavior! Reply Reply with quote

CRASH wrote:
rooky wrote:
shrrew wrote:
rooky wrote:

*locks up the liquor *

Thanks, Crash! Good point! Who knows what's in that backwash!! Shocked Very Happy

CRASH

PostPosted: 07/22/08 1:14 pm    ::: Re: Childlike Behavior! Reply Reply with quote

rooky wrote:
CRASH wrote:
rooky wrote:
shrrew wrote:
rooky wrote:

*locks up the liquor *

Thanks, Crash! Good point! Who knows what's in that backwash!! Shocked Very Happy

I hear it's the cure for "Hammonitis". Laughing Wink

rooky

PostPosted: 07/22/08 1:18 pm    ::: Re: Childlike Behavior! Reply Reply with quote

CRASH wrote:
rooky wrote:
CRASH wrote:
rooky wrote:
shrrew wrote:
rooky wrote:

*locks up the liquor *

That's just a rumor started by the DDs. In reality, the backwash is just gross and may send ya to the local STD prevention center! Shocked Very Happy

CRASH

PostPosted: 07/22/08 1:20 pm    ::: Re: Childlike Behavior! Reply Reply with quote

rooky wrote:
CRASH wrote:
rooky wrote:
CRASH wrote:
rooky wrote:
shrrew wrote:
rooky wrote:

*locks up the liquor *

That's just a rumor started by the DDs. In reality, the backwash is just gross and may send ya to the local STD prevention center! Shocked Very Happy

thats just wrong!!!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

CB

PostPosted: 07/22/08 2:44 pm    ::: Re: Childlike Behavior! Reply Reply with quote

rooky wrote:
CRASH wrote:
rooky wrote:
CRASH wrote:
rooky wrote:
shrrew wrote:
rooky wrote:

*locks up the liquor *

Laughing Laughing Laughing

In reality, Queenie says she is the one woman cure for Hammonitis. Yes it's just a rumor about caune being the cure. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: