RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Reb --> question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Fantasy Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deeT_4evr

PostPosted: 06/21/05 10:53 am    ::: Reb --> question Reply Reply with quote

hey reb, i was just wondering why you have whalen listed at shooting guard in the stats at the bottom but when you go to pick her she's in the point guard slot. shouldn't she be listed as BOTH PG/SG?
thanks...

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 06/21/05 6:34 pm    ::: Re: Reb --> question Reply Reply with quote

deeT_4evr wrote:
hey reb, i was just wondering why you have whalen listed at shooting guard in the stats at the bottom but when you go to pick her she's in the point guard slot. shouldn't she be listed as BOTH PG/SG?
thanks...

It's a matter of two databases, or actually tables in the database, the main table is the one I use to keep up with the players, last year during the playoffs we had a game, and I was doing it for the BTR group, and they had already assigned players to position(s). I had to keep my table with the original positions(which were based on the WVGM game on ESPN) I had to integrate the two tables and I got lazy this year, and kept the same format, I use the main player table to generate the stats and display them, but the rosters come from the other table(the one with multiple positions and the current positions we use for the game) so sometimes the stats don't necessarily jive with the actual positions they are assigned to in the game.

I hope that kinda explains it, some of it is just laziness on my part, or you might call it, if it ain't broke don't fix it, even though it really needs a bit of tweaking.

deeT_4evr

PostPosted: 06/22/05 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kind of got that, lol. thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Fantasy Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: